Beginning

SECOND CHANCE

Daraengi Village

-1987-

“NOOO!!!” she’s yelling loudly and run with all her might to catch that two big guy with black mask that take one of her daughter away. The baby start to crying louder.

“Return my baby!! That’s my baby!! Nooo!!!” she’s still running and yelling under the rain without her shoes on. But, that two big guy still don’t even bothering her and keep running to their Jeep that parked on the side of the road.

“Give me back my baby!!! Pleaseee! Help! Help!!! They’re taking my baby! Help!!” now, she start to yells even louder to get some help. And suddenly, one of the little shop light turn on. She feel so happy to see that and keep yelling. Make that two big guy start to think for another way to shut that woman mouth.

Slowly, the door from that little shop start to open.

“Please! Come out! Pleaseee! Help me! They’re taking my baby!” yells her even before the owner of the little shop shows up. She’s keep yelling louder and louder.

“Pleaseee!! Help mee!! Help me!!!!!”

And suddenly,

“DUAAAAR!!!”

Everything got silent and silent. There’s only the sound of rain and running step hear from outside. And not so long, that running step changes into the slammed sound from the car door and egine start. After that, that car start to drive away faster and leaving that village. Leaving that woman that already lay on the ground. Bleeding.

“He... help..” she try to call someone inside the little shop before with her weak voice.

Slowly, the door from the little shop before start to open again. And someone come out from the inside. It’s a little boy. And he look so shoked when he see her lying and bleeding.

“A... Anyeong. Whe... where’s you... your pa... parents?” ask her holding her pain and smile at him. She really hope that little boy that look like still three years old understand what just she said before. He still look at her with his eyes that widely open.

“Ah... ahjumma.. want’s to... to meet you... your pa... parents, n.. ne?” ask her. And that boy slowly noding his head.

“EOMMAAA!” he’s yelling loudly and run inside his shop. Try to get her mother inside his house. And not so long, there’s woman voice that asking what just happened to his son. But when she already outside, she yells because of shocked.

There’s a woman lying on the ground with many blood over her body.

“He.. help... there’s my... my ba.. baby in.. inside tha... that car.” She point the car that far behind with the door open. And after that, her eyes slowly closed. And her hand that holding her bleeding chest fall on the ground.

She’s startled to realize what just happened. She’s gone.

-1993-

That cute seven years old little girl standing in front of the class with her smiley face.

“Okay, Injung-a. You can start to tell about your family.” Said the teacher and1  her make her noding her head.

“Good morning, Sera Songsaengnim. Good morning friends. My name is Kang Injung. I want to tell you about my family. I’m not like all of you here that having a complete parents. I just have my grandmother by my side. Grandma said that she found me on the river side inside the carton box when i’m just a little baby girl. And because she never had a children or a grand children, she took me and raised me as her own grandchildren until today.”

“Sometimes, i want to meet my parents. I want to see their face. I want to hold their hand. I also want to be like all of you that can go anywhere with your parents. But I can’t. Because i never meet them. But even i know that grandma found me on the carton box when i was a baby, it doesn’t make me think that my parents didn’t loved me. I know they loved me. Because i have this. This necklace is already there since grandma found me. There’s my name and my birthday date written on the necklace. Actually, the name on the necklace is Park Injung, but since i’m Kang Saekyung Grandma grandchild, grandma decided to change my family name into ‘Kang’.” Said Injung with her teary eyes. Some of her friends even already crying for Injung.

“Bytheway, it’s my past. Right now, i only have Kang Saekyung Grandma. And I just want to be with grandma. Help her on her lettuce field and making kimchi that going to be sale at the market after that. And when i get bigger, i’ll working hard to catch my dream. My dream to be a singer. And when i get more money to spend, i will buy my grandmother the radish cutting machine. So she don’t need to grate the radish anymore.”

“In the end, even i don’t have parents, and grandma is not my real grandma, i’m still happy. Because my grandma really love me and i love her too. Thankyou everybody.” Said Injung and end her story. Make all of her friends claping her hands to her loudly. Injung smile happy and go back to sit in her chair. Cute little Injung.

-0-

“Injung-a, don’t forget to come back before dinner, arachi?” said her grandma when Injung want to go to market to buy salt and sugar.

“E-o, grandma. I’m going.” Said Injung and walk to the market alone.

When she walk and singing by herself, suddenly,

“Watch out!!” someone yelling at her and before Injung realize something, that ball already smacked Injung head and make that girl fall on the ground. Injung touch her head that feel so hurt because of the ball.

“Auuuww!! Grandmaaa...” she start to cry. That boy running to her and feel sorry.

“I’m sorry. It’s... it’s my fault. I’m sorry.” Said him to Injung and try to blow Injung head gently. Injung look at him and noding her head a little. Show him that she already forgive him.

“It’s really painful much?” ask him make Injung noding her head again.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Said him after he see Injung noding.

“Do you want me to take you home? Come on, I’ll carried you home.”

Injung give him the same answer, with her nod. And that boy smile at her. She take Injung hand and help her to get on his back. After that, he piggyback her to her house.

“Aigoo, Injung-a!” Injung grandmother startled when she see her grandchildren coming home with her bleeding knee and carried by a little boy who look so worried.

Grandmother come to that two little kid and helping Injung to get down from his back.

“Aigoo, what happened to you?” ask her while bringing a bowl of water and towell to clean Injung wound. That little boy still sitting beside Injung with his worried face. Looking at Injung knees that still bleeding with a sorry face.

“Grandmother, it’s my fault.” Said him with his sorry voice. Grandmother look at her and smile gently.

“It’s okay, little kid. Injung just got a little cut. It’s gonna be fine. Right, Injung-a?” ask grandmother to Injung that already stop crying and smile brightly to him.

“Ne. I’m okay. Thank you for taking me home.” Said Injung make him finally relieved and reply Injung with his smile.

“Bytheway, who are you?” ask Injung confused. Since her village is really small, she already know everybody so well. And she never saw him before.

“Ah, mianhae. I’m Yang Seungho. Me and my mother had just moved here this morning. And what is your name?” ask Seungho. Injung ask Seungho to have a shake hand.

“I’m Kang Injung. Nice to know you... how can i call you?” ask Injung to Seungho.

“How old are you, Injung-a?”

“I’m seven years old.”

Seungho noding his head and tap Injung head. “Okay. I’m nine years old next month. So, you can call me Seungho Oppa.”

Injung smile again even brighter and noding her head cutely to Seungho. “Okay, Seungho Oppa!” 

-2002-

“Injung-a...” Seungho come to get Injung who still sitting in her grandmother room, crying silently by herself while huging her grandmother photo.

“Injung-a, everyone waiting for you outside.” Seungho hold Injung hands gently and try to pull her slowly. But suddenly Injung turn her head on him and show him her sorrowful face.

“Oppa...” Injung start to speak with her husky voice because of crying too long. Seungho also feeling so sad because of seeing her like that. Since grandma was gone yesterday morning, Injung never stop crying and keep herself in grandma’s room alone. 

“Oppa... i just have grandma in my life. Why? Why God have to took her too? Why he keep taking everyone that i love? Why? I just have grandma. And now... and now i lost her. Grandma...” Injung start to cry harder on Seungho embrace. Seungho can’t hold himself to not crying looking at her like that. He cares Injung head gently and hug her even tighter.

“It’s okay, Injung-a. You’re never alone. I’m here. Oppa is here. And i never leave you alone. I’ll keep you safe no matter what. It’s okay Injung-a. I’m here.”

-2005-

Seungho run inside his house with a bright expression. He come to his mother and hug her immediately.

“Eomma! I’m in!” yells Seungho while he huging her eomma from behind.

“Ya! Ya! Yang Seungho, waegurae?” ask her mother make Seungho finally let go his hug and give her mother the letter that he got before. Her eomma open the letter and start to read the letter. And after she read the point part, she start to yells happy for his son.

“You’re accepted to be the guard for the one of the VIP client in Korea? Jinjja?” ask her mother. Seungho noding his head and hug her mother once again.

When Seungho was 15 years old, he entered the security guard training community in Seoul. It’s because since Seungho was a little boy, he always dreamed to be one of the faithful security guard like his father. And because of that, he pursue his dream by left high school and entered the training community in Seoul. For this past 5 years, Seungho already become one of the best trainee guard because of his amazing fighting skill, his body endurance, his briliant tactics, and his diciplined personality. And finally, he was sent to become one of the security guard for the most richest chairman in Korea.

“Congratulation, son. I’m really proud of you.” Said his mother and kiss Seungho forehead.

“Gomawo eomma.” Said Seungho.

Suddenly, “Chukae, Seungho Oppa.”

Seungho turn around and found her standing behind him with her teary eyes. It’s Injung. Seungho’s mother look at Seungho, giving him a code for approaching Injung. Seungho understand that and walk to Injung slowly. Her mother choose to let them together and get inside the house.

“Chukae oppa. You can have your dream.” Said Injung with her tremble voice.

Seungho know the reason. It’s because if Seungho get the job, it’s also mean that he has to move in to Seoul and live there. And he even don’t know when he will have a time to go back to his house because working at the security job is really hard to get a free day. When he’s still on the traine day, he even only come back home every Saturday evening and come back to Seoul at Sunday morning.

Since Injung grandmother passed away, Injung stay in Seungho’s house with Seungho’s mother. Because Seungho will go for training in Seoul every weekdays and only can come home on the weekend, his mother is always alone at home. So, Seungho and his mother asked Injung to stay with them together and accompany her mother at home.

Seungho walk to Injung and touch her cheek. “Injung-a, don’t cry. Eo?” ask Seungho. Injung noding her head with her teary eyes. Trying so hard to hold her cry. But it’s fail. Injung finaly cry and Seungho pull her to his hug immediately.

“I’m happy, oppa. Jinjja, i’m really happy for you.” Said Injung make Seungho smile and cares her head.

“So why are you crying? I hate to see you crying.”

Injung release the hug and look at Seungho. She smile at Seungho and remove her tears, even it don’t really stop her tears at all.

“Don’t cry. I’ll never leave you, Injung-a. Come with me. Come with me to Seoul. I need you there.” said Seungho make Injung startled happy first, but for the next second, her face is turn sorrow. Injung shoke her head and hold both of Seungho’s hands.

“Aniya, oppa. How about ahjumma? She’s here alone. I can’t let her alone here. Go. Live your dream. I’m fine, really. I want you to get your dream.”

“And how about yours, Injung-a? How about your dream that want to stand on stage and sing? If you go to Seoul, you can also pursue your dream.” ask Seungho. Injung smile and hug Seungho slowly.

“It was changed, oppa. Right now, you’re my dream.” Whispered Injung.

“And you’re mine. So, come with me. Since the first time i received this letter, the first thing that came in to my mind was taking you there. Stay with me,”

“Injung-a,”

Injung and Seungho broke the hug and look at the person that calling Injung before. It’s Seungho’s mother.

“Injung-a, go with Seungho.” Said Seungho mother.

“But, ahjumma...”

Seungho’s mother come to Injung and hug her. “Take care Seungho for me, arasso?”

Injung finally noding her head and make Seungho suddenly yelling happy. “My life is complete!!” He pull Injung to his embrace and kiss her mother hand. What a happy day for Seungho.

-0-

“Unnie, are you going?” a cute teenage girl start to sulking when she see Injung walk outside Seungho’s house with her lugage. Injung and Seungho will moving out today. Seungho already got a little appartment for them in Seoul. They bought the appartment from Seungho and Injung’s saving. It’s small, but enough for both of them to stay there.

Injung smile and hug her little dongsaeng that almost have a same height with her. It’s Park Jiyeon. She’s not Injung real dongsaeng. She is Injung and Seungho neighbor. Since they were a kids, they always playing together and it made them became this close. Jiyeon that is the only daughter from her family found a unnie, and Injung who also live just with her grandma, found a dongsaeng.

“Jiyeonie, unnie-a will go for an early check there. Unnie will checking Seoul for you. And if you’re graduate from high school, you will come to Seoul and stay with me there, right?”

“Ne.” said Jiyeon that remember her dream to get into the entertainment agency in Seoul when she’s graduate from hogh school.

“Have a good exam score, promise?” ask Injung make Jiyeon finally noding her head and doing a pinky swear with her unnie.

After Injung and Seungho have a farrewel word with Seungho’s mother, they finally leave Daraengi Village with bus and go to Seoul.

Seungho hold Injung’s hand and kiss it gently.

“Gomawo. For coming with me, and have a faith in me. I’m sorry i can’t promise you for a better life there, i can’t promise you that it’s going to be easy, but i will try my hardest to give you happiness, every second, every minutes, Injung-a.”

Injung smile and put her head on Seungho shoulder.

“I believe in you, oppa. I believe if i’m with you, everything is gonna be alright. Don’t take all of the burden by yourself alone. We’re living together now, let’s share everyting together. I will stay beside you, always.” Said Injung make Seungho kiss her forehead and smile happy.

There’s nothing that gonna be hard for Seungho from now on. He has Injung on his side, it’s more than enough for him. For a new live. Together.

TO BE CONTINUED

 

Jajjang!!!

Here's come the first chapter everyone.

*Big Bow for every amazing reader from me* 

I hope you'll gonna be interested in my new fanfic from the beginning of the chapter.

I also hope that everyone gonna give me a kind subscribe, and comments. 

Have a splendid first chapter friends!

Annyeong my lovely readers.

Love, rashimaa