Five

I Won't Give Up On Us

As usual, Sunmi was bored. How can you not be bored listening to business talks? She doesn’t even understand what they were talking about.  Even Onew looks bored but he kept on smiling and nodding to them like he understand every detail of it.

 

Out of boredom, she took out a small piece of paper; the size is like of a postcard. She looked around. Her hand would want to work for an art piece again now that she was bored. She regretted not bringing her sketch pad.

 

Whenever she felt bored she would like to sketch something. If it seems interesting then she will sketch it for sure. She likes seeing interesting things or inspirational persons to be sketched.

 

Her eyes roam around the room again. She felt disappointed that there wasn’t anything her eyes could focus on. She sighed in frustration.

 

Why is it so boring here? Not even a single inspiration.

 

“Are you bored Sunmi?” Mr. Kim Young Min suddenly asked her.

 

She didn’t know how to respond properly to him so she just shook her head and shyly looked down on the table. She felt embarrassed because Mr. Young Min noticed her getting bored. She didn’t want her dad to be embarrassed in front of his business partners because of her.

 

But she heard her dad chuckle a bit. He came closer to her and gave her a piece of bond paper. He gave her a big and warm encouraging smile too.

 

“Sketch anything you want in here instead sweetie. That way you won’t feel bored.” He whispered to her.

 

She took the bond paper from her dad and gave him a sweet peck on the cheeks. President Kim, manager Jin and Onew were watching them. They were curiously looking at them. They looked envious too at the same time. She smiled and bowed at them. They looked away when they realized she knew they were looking at them.

 

“My daughter was just being cute. Don’t mind her too much. You might get deeply fascinated with her if you do.” Her dad jokingly said but he was looking at Onew like he was pertaining to him.

 

Onew met her dad’s gaze and awkwardly smiled at him. She tapped her dad’s arms but her dad just laughed at her. She pouted at him like a kid.

 

“Onew-ssi. Why don’t you sing a song for me and my precious Sunmi? I want to hear your voice first before signing our contract?” Sunmi’s dad requested Onew.

 

Onew was shocked hearing that request but he seemed confident enough to smile and nod at her dad. Sunmi looked at Onew curiously. She felt excitement in her for it would be the first time she would hear him sing. In fact, it was just now that she knew Onew is a singer. Her unnie didn’t even tell her that.

 

“Uhmm… Although I wasn’t prepared for this, I’ll give it my all for President Hwang and her daughter Sunmi.” He shyly stated.

 

Onew breathed deeply and smiled again. He cleared his throat. There was a long silence before he started singing. He smiled before bringing the words out beautifully through his singing. That smile hit Sunmi on the spot. With that, Sunmi’s hands started moving. She finally found an inspiration to sketch.

 

Sunmi was sketching Onew while he sings. Her eyes were focus on him and the paper on the table too where she was sketching. Her ears were focusing on his soft voice too. Her hand was swaying through his voice like it was controlling her. It was the first time she was sketching someone singing. Her heart was overflowing with emotions as she drew every details of Onew’s face.

 

Onew’s voice definitely was touching her heart all throughout. It was fluttering. Ever since she saw Onew her heart was starting to flutter like that. But it was a bit different today. Because her heart was fluttering more than it did the other day she saw him.

 

She stared at him like a fool while Onew bowed in front of them shyly. He just finished his song. And finally she finished sketching him too. Onew smiled at her which made her impossible to even smile back at him.

 

Jihyo unnie. Why am I feeling like this towards Onew? I thought I only adored him for a while. But why does it felt different now? Why is my heart being like this? Do I like him for real? Oh please unnie prevent me from doing so.