Six

I Won't Give Up On Us

Onew finished his song passionately. He wanted to impress President Hwang. He hoped for him to sign the contract. He knew he would be a big help to SHINee. He thought there wouldn’t be anyone who would want to produce their concert anymore after their concert producer got married and quit.

 

But as he opened his eyes, the sweet adorable face of Sunmi welcomed him. He felt his heart beats fast. He smiled so that he could hide that he was feeling strange.

 

“That was pretty impressive.” President Hwang complimented him. He felt relieved that he liked it. Sunmi seemed to like his singing too. He felt glad.

 

“Thank you for that compliment sir. But to tell you honestly, I wasn’t that great without my members with me. If you would want to hear more from me and SHINee, I hope you would sign the contract with us. It would really be an honor to work with you. And I promise you won’t regret it. SHINee will be working hard.”  Onew confidently told him.

 

President Hwang nodded as a sign of agreement to what he said. He sat down again as he looked back at Sunmi. He noticed that she was now looking at the paper her dad gave her. He curiously wanted to peek but President Kim spoke.

 

“You could go back in the practice room now Onew.” He commanded.

 

That made Onew disappointed. He wanted to know what will be President Hwang’s decision. And he still wanted to talk with him. He also wanted to talk to Sunmi.

 

“Can you bring Sunmi with you for a while? We would just tackle things out. It won’t take long.”

 

Onew thought president Hwang’s suggestion wasn’t bad at all. Besides he really wanted to talk to Sunmi. And he was really curious at why Sunmi was looking at the paper so happily.

 

Sunmi stood up and give her ad a peck on his cheeks before leaving the room. Onew followed hurriedly. Sunmi seems a little excited going out of the conference room.

 

“Hey! Wait for me!” He called Sunmi out for she seems so entranced with the paper she was holding that she didn’t notice him following her.

 

“Oh, Oppa!” Sunmi seems shock when he grabbed her arm. Her eyes grew bigger like that of a puppy that he almost laughed but he prevented himself so.

 

“Why are you walking so fast? Your dad told me to bring you with me. But you were about to leave me.” Onew felt confused at what he told Sunmi. It sounded weird to him. But Sunmi was looking at him smiling.

 

“You know what? I think I like the sound of your voice. It was very lovely.” She told him frankly and turned around again to walk.

 

Onew confusedly followed her. She was still holding that paper. He was so curious to see what it was but he eventually gave up on that. He was following her but his mind was now pre occupied with what Sunmi told him. He didn’t realize that Sunmi stopped walking.

 

When Sunmi turned around to face him again, she bumped to Onew’s chest which made Onew’s senses back. He unknowingly wrapped his hand around her as a reflex. He doesn’t know whose heart was throbbing fast but he can hear it loudly.

 

Is it mine? But it doesn’t feel like that. He asked himself confusedly.

 

Sunmi finally reacted and tried to push him away. He let go of her but was still confused. They stood there for a while just looking at each other.

 

There was a long silence before Sunmi spoke up again. She sighed and looked at him with a smile. He confusedly scratched his head not knowing what to do.

 

“I think I’m starting to have this little crush on you oppa. But I hope that won’t get in the way of us being friends.” Sunmi told him in all honesty. But still, he doesn’t know how to react or what to say.

 

Ughh. Eottoke?