Eight

I Won't Give Up On Us

Onew sighed and left the room where he and Sunmi talked. SHINee boys were all looking at him, amused. Taemin walked towards him and poked his tummy.

 

“What happened in there hyung? Why is Sunmi like that? What did you tell her?” Taemin was continuously asking questions.

 

Key was done preparing breakfast. Minho was now setting the table’s up and Jonghyun came to help him. He went to the table and Taemin sat beside him, still waiting for him to answer. He laughed when it seems like all of them was waiting for him to answer Taemin’s questions.

 

“What?” He asked and started eating. “Just eat guys.” And they started eating. But all eyes were still on him.

 

“Hyung, you sure you don’t like her or anything?” This time it’s Minho who asked. All of them stopped eating and stared at him and the back to Onew.

 

 Here they go again. It’s another round of questioning and another round for explanation. It started since he started going out with girls again.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you guys that I don’t like her? I wouldn’t like her. I just won’t. She’s just Jihyo’s little sister. Nothing more. Nothing less.” He said in frustration.

 

They always ask those questions. Whenever a girl talks to him and whenever girl idols asked him out, they always that same question. That time too when he was caught on a date with Jungah. They never knew about it so when they saw online articles and pictures, they started bombarding him with questions. And it is always the same answer: He doesn’t like them. Out of those girls he dated, none of them made his heart pounded like that time when he was with Jihyo. And he hated it more because he just kept looking for a girl just like her.

 

“I’ve heard that somewhere before hyung.” Key said and nudged at Jonghyun who looked away from him.

 

“But the cases are different.” Jonghyun defended himself. The boys started eating for real and forgot about the topic again. Onew wished that they would stop asking him about girls especially about Sunmi. And also for Sunmi to just stop going around telling everyone that she likes him.

 

“Jihyo-ah, will you help me?”