Love Letters

XOXO Collection

(ノ> ◇ <)ノ♪   XOXO - EXO-K


Jongin stared at the embarrassing letter with his handwriting that he pronounced as ugly. Unsatisfied, he crumpled up the piece of paper and tossed behind him into the wastebasket that was already overfilling with other similar letters. Taking another sheet of blank paper, he picked up his pen before trying again.

There were so many things that he wanted to say to you but most of all; he wanted you to be with him. He wanted only you and to embrace your in his arms. Kiss you affectionately. Everything. 

Jongin weighed his head on his hand while his pen tapped on the desk repetitively. He thought of ways to start off his letter for you.


How are you these days?

Anything special?


Typical things but they didn’t match his true feelings. Ones that could fill up a sea of, all his love that he declared as yours. He leaned back to stare at the window just across from his. Simple laced curtains that were tied up, showing you sitting by your desk. Writing frantically on something just like him.


He smiled and stood up from his chair. Sliding his window open, Jongin knocked on your window. Your head perked up and spun around on your chair to see his bright smiling face. You giggled as you went over to open your window and leaned forward.


You were dazzling while you stood in front of him. The moon shined on your half-closed and loveable eyes. You were beautiful.

The two of you stared at each other under the starry sky before he broke the silence. “What were you doing?”


"Working on my homework, what about you?"

"Same."

But really the two of you were writing a special little love letter to each other. Jongin noticed your usual habit when you lied to him. He stood on his toes to peer into your room, checking what you were actually doing.

Acting fast, you pushed him back before shutting your window and drawing your curtains. Worried that he would catch a glimpse of your letter that laid perfectly on your desk with hearts and small doodles that he always loved of you.


Jongin, who was sprawled on the floor with a dazed look, was confused why you acted like that.


"Why did she push me…?" he ran his fingers through his hair before returning back to his desk, disheartened. Nonetheless, Jongin spent the next hour working on his love letter for you.


***

The next hour passed by in a blink of an eye when Jongin checked the time it was already well past midnight.

He stared back at the letter, happy. He took his red pen and wrote four letters to finish off it. The letter was tucked safely in his bag before collapsing in his bed.

When I fall asleep as I think of you in my dreams. I open my arms and into my warm embrace. I hold you in my arms. Everyday in my dreams, are you.


***

You were running slightly late because of Jongin’s letter that you stayed up late working on. Today you were determined to find his feelings for you.

On the other hand, Jongin was just as rushed as you were about your feelings. Being friends since he could remember, he couldn’t help but feel worried about this friendship status that the two of you shared together.

Rushing out of the apartment, the two of you met up downstairs and began walking to school. There was a odd silence between both of you as you walked further from Jongin than usual.

You couldn’t wait much longer before you blew, your finger touched the letter that was hidden inside your school jacket. Jongin was doing the same as you.

"I know that we’ve been friends for a long time, but just read this!" the two of you shouted at the same time. You slowly opened one eye to face Jongin who mirrored your movements. A slip of perfectly folded paper in his hands were presented to him just like how you were as well.

Taken by surprise, you exchanged letters with Jongin.

An X is a kiss for a soft kiss.

An O is for a circled hug.

Maybe you know.

When you’re with me, you seem so comfortable.

You keep playing jokes on me.

Every time you smile your white smile.

Is your heart a yes or no?

Give me a sign, X or O.

It’s no fun to wait.

XOXO

Jongin.


With nothing more to say, you leaped into his arms. Wrapping your arms around his neck while his were around your waist. You leaned upwards to place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Does that answer your heart, Mr. XOXO?"