Advancements

Being an SM Trainee | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S.M. Building (Dance Studio 1) 
Saturday 4.01pm
You were finally granted some rest after practicing Wolf’s choreography for about an hour and 15 minutes. You got closer to your mentors through the practice. They were such fun-loving people, not to mention cheeky and humourous too. You have about 30 minutes of free time before going for Korean language class.

“What do you have now? Is your day over?” Luhan asked you as he automatically took a seat on the floor next to you.

“I have Korean lessons.” You turned to look at him.

“Aren’t you a native?” He looked at you questionably.

“I sound like one, don’t I?” You laughed. “I’m a Singaporean, I have a quarter of the Korean blood flowing within me.” You said as you stretched out your arms.

“Ah. I see.” Luhan pulled his legs up and placed his arms on his knees, dangling his hands. “Tell me more, you’ve got my fullest attention.”

“Maybe next time. I want to wash up and be clean for my lesson.” You stood up, reaching for your bag pack on the bench.

Luhan, following you, stood up too.

“Already?” He pouted.

“There’s always next time, right? I mean since we’re in the same company.” I smiled at him while I swung my bag pack back.

“Alright, see you next time then!” Luhan pulled you in for a quick hug.

You were shocked for a second but you managed to grab your senses back and made your way to the exit.

“Ah wait!” Luhan called you back. “What’s your locker number?”

You can’t remember exactly so you reached for your pockets, digging for your keys. You pulled the tag from your chain of keys and lifted your hand to his eye level so he could see the number.

“Okay… 426. Noted! Bye! Take care!” He smiled at you, turned around and went to sit with the other EXO members.

“Oh, bye oppa!”

Why did he suddenly ask for my locker number?

Leaving the dance studio, you headed straight for the changing room.

S.M. Building (Multi-Purpose Room 2) 
Saturday 4.29pm
The room was spacious enough to fit at least 100 people. You guessed the room was where the idols practice for the SM Town concerts. Rows of chairs were stacked neatly against the walls, the ceiling was painted in different hues of blue. You sat at the table near the entrance and waited patiently for the language teacher. There wasn’t anyone in the room except you. You drowned yourself in the calming silence while waiting. Inside your heart, you resented your mother for not teaching you more Korean when you were younger, however, you were thankful at the same time. Because ultimately, she agreed to let you fly to Korea to become a trainee despite constant disapproval from your father. Spinning your pen, you thought of what happened the entire day. Your lips curved into a grin. A knock on the door made you flinch. You collected your thoughts and looked up while trying to force down your grin. To your surprise, the person at the door wasn’t the language teacher you were expecting.

“Hello Min Ki!” He skipped towards you.

“Ah oppa, why are you here?” You gave him a puzzled look.

“To teach you Korean of course!” He gave you his widest smile.

“What?” Your high pitched voice couldn’t mask your bewilderment. “You’re my language teacher?!”

“Can you calm down a little?” Xiumin laughed.

“But why? How did this happen?” You could not believe your language teacher was actually Xiumin.

“I’m teaching you only for today, don’t worry.” You relaxed a little.

“But first thing’s first, I want to ask you something personal.” He started.

“Er… alright, ask.” 

“What’s your impression of our Lulu?” 

S.M. Building (Multi-Purpose Room 2) 
Saturday 4.31pm

What a question. You didn’t know how to reply him. A part of you wants to tell Xiumin all the things Luhan made you feel from the very first debut teaser video but the other part of you wanted to keep it a secret forever. Thinking of a good answer, you tried recollect everything about Luhan. Instead of a good answer to the sudden question, you chuckled at the thought of what happened at the practice earlier on.

 (3rd person pov)
Both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter