First Meeting

Being an SM Trainee | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's POV

Dormitory (My room) 
Saturday 12.00pm

I woke up to a horrible stench, only to find a sock on my nose. Pushing it away, I sat up immediately, grabbing my blanket to wipe my nose. Gosh who did this?! When I find out, he’s going to be so dead!!! 

I glanced around and saw no one in the room. Crouching down, I inspected the sock.

This sock is so familiar, must be either Tao's or Lay's.

Standing up, I stretched a little and reached for the curtains. The sun shone into the room so brightly it blinded me. Something was wrong. Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, I checked the time. 

WHY DIDN’T ANYONE WAKE ME UP?!?!?! 

Sliding open the closet, I picked a random shirt, boxers and pants out of the pile of unfolded clothes at the bottom and ran to the nearest bathroom to take a quick shower.

Dormitory (My room) 
Saturday 12.02pm
I pushed the door of the bathroom open and I was immediately splashed with water. Wiping my eyes, I saw Sehun and Tao inside the bathroom, only with their boxers on.

“What are you two doing?!?!?!?!??!” I screamed at them.

Sehun dropped the bucket on the floor and looked at me.

“Ah… Hyung.” Sehun giving me an apologetic look.

Tao held up the shower head and splashed water all over me once again.

“Water fight?” Tao threw his head back and laughed hysterically.

“GROW UP!” I charged into the bathroom and pushed the two brats out, locking the door behind me.

“Hyung, at least give me a towel!!” Sehun knocked the door, hard.

“Give me a towel, hyung, I’m cold!” Tao pounded the door even harder.

“Serves you two right for playing with water!” Ignoring their pleas, I undressed myself and took a quick shower.

Dormitory (My room) 
Saturday 12.09pm
Tossing the wet towel in the direction of the pile of dirty clothes on the floor, I dressed myself. Thanks to the two idiots, the clothes I brought to the bathroom were soaking wet. What a start to my morning, or should I say afternoon. I made my bed then headed for the dining table to have lunch. 

Dormitory (Dining Table) 
Saturday 12.11pm

I joined the rest of EXO at the table. A row of Styrofoam boxes were lined up on the table. A bowl of rice was placed in front of each of us, along with a pair of chopsticks and a spoon. 

“Aish, outside food again?” I sub-consciously complained.

“Xiao Lu, did you like the aroma this morning?” Yixing teased.

“SO IT WAS YOU?” I stood up, slamming my hands on the table.

Everyone at the table started laughing uncontrollably.

“All of you knew!?” I turned and looked at every single one of them.

“You can say that.” Kris said, trying to suppress his laughter.

“Okay we’re sorry Lulu, you look too cute when you’re asleep.” Suho wiped a stray tear.

Rolling my eyes at him, I sat down and started to dig in. 

I’ll have my revenge one day.

Outside S.M. Building
Saturday 1.35pm
I could see a swarm of fangirls outside the building as the van turned and pulled into the main entrance of the building.

Sigh, not again. These sasaeng fans…

I exited the van and headed straight for the building. Even though I shielded my ears, I could still hear piercing screams from the girls.

S.M. Building (Lift Lobby)
Saturday 1.36pm
“Okay guys, agenda for today, practice Growl’s choreography and help Oh Saem out with the female trainees.” Suho said, grinning. His deliberate emphasis on ‘female’ garnered cheers within the group.

“Suho ya, I’m going to grab my stuff from my locker before meeting you guys at the practice room.” I poked his sides.

He squirmed a little then turn to me, “Hey what was that for?”

“This morning. The prank. Ring a bell?” I poked his sides a few more times.

“Yaaaaa! Stop! Okay! See you at Practice Room 5 at 1.50! Don’t be late! We can’t start if you’re late.” He dodged my attacks and hid behind Kris.

I laughed and headed for the stairway.

S.M. Building (Corridor)
Saturday 1.40pm
I climbed up the stairs to the locker room. On exiting the stairway into the corridor, I knocked into someone.

“Oh, sorry!” I apologised while rubbing my arm.

I looked down at the person who ran into me. A girl. Her hair was short and her shirt was about 2 sizes too big for her.

"It's okay! I'm fine." She replied without looking up. How rude.

She picked up her water bottle and stood up slowly, one hand holding on to her water bottle and the other holding up her shirt. I made eye contact with her as she lifted her head. Wow. She resembled my first love.

“Are you alright?”

“Oh, erm, I… I’m fine.” She looked nervous.

“Your shirt…” My eyes took a glance at her now translucent shirt. She pulled her shirt forward and looked down. I could see her blush a little but I wasn’t quite sure.

“It’s alright, I’ll find a way to dry it.” She replied, with her head still hung low.

“Hold on a sec.” I pulled my backpack forward and dug for my handkerchief.

“Here, have this.” I handed her my favourite handkerchief. “Clean yourself up!”

She accepted my handkerchief with both hands and thanked me.

“You… new around here?” I asked. I’ve never seen her before.

“Yep, I just came in yesterday.” She sounded so serious.

 At the same time, I remembered what I was supposed to do. I looked at my watch and realised I only have 7 minutes left to meet the dudes at practice.

“Oh. I’m kind of rushing… See you around! Nice to meet you.” I rushed off to the locker room immediately.

I wasn’t sure if she replied me but one thing’s for sure – I didn’t ask for her name.

S.M. Building (EXO’s personal dance studio)
Saturday 1.51pm

I pushed open the door into the dance studio, panting. Everyone in the room turned and their eyes were fixated on me. I stood up straight, smoothed my jeans and fixed my hair, embarrassed. Walking over to the bench, I dropped my bagpack on it and sat down beside it. I took a bottle of water from my bag and gulped down a quarter of the entire bottle. Sehun walked over with a towel in his hands. I recognised it. It was the towel a fan gave him during one of the fansigns, same fan who asked for a strand of his colourful, peacock-like hair.

“Ah hyung, why are you perspiring so much when we haven’t even start practising.” He handed me his towel.

“Long story Hunnie, I thought I’d be late for practice.” I explained, wiping the beads of perspiration off the sides of my face.

“Everyone’s here right? Let’s start!” Suho clapped his hands to gather everyone’s attention.

S.M. Building (EXO’s personal dance studio)
Saturday 1.57pm
“But we only practiced twice!” I sat down in the middle of the studio, frustrated.

Suho walked towards the door and flashed me a cheeky grin.

“But I’m excited to see the girls.”

I was never fond of ‘checking girls out’ since Ting, my first love. It was a horrible experience though I believe no one could ever replace her. Because you know, first love always stays within us and no matter how much you want to avoid it, you will never succeed. I gave up convincing the guys to practice. Cheeky, erted fellas. I decided to lie down on the dance studio’s floor while the rest followed Suho to find Oh Saem.

S.M. Building (EXO’s personal dance studio)
Saturday 2.02 pm
“Okay so we’ll be judging them based on their freestyle dance, then we choose one to mentor.” Suho briefly explained our roles for the day. He wriggled his eyebrows and giggled to himself.

“Junmyeon ah, can you not be so erted?” I couldn’t take it anymore.

“What? What did I do?” He gave me his puppy eyes.

Naturally, I ignored it.

“Alright, let’s go. We can’t let the girls wait, can we?” Suho skipped all the way to the dance studio.

S.M. Building (Dance Studio 1)
Saturday 2.04pm
Setting foot into this room makes me feel nostalgic. The countless hours I spent here was worthwhile now that I finally realised my dreams. A row of girls sat in front of a temporary stage. The very stage I performed on before getting picked to be on the debut team. Behind them was a row of chairs.

“Here. Sit here.” Oh Saem gestured at the chairs.

After taking a seat, the first girl went up the stage. Her nametag wrote 'Nayeon'. To be really honest, I didn’t even bother to look at their performance. I just wanted to get this over and done with because I really wanted to practice for our comeback. I planned on mentoring the person that didn’t get picked by any of the members. 23 minutes passed slowly, honestly felt like 23 hours. Finally the last trainee stepped onto the stage. She bowed to everyone and stood there awkwardly.

“Wait isn’t she…” Before I could let the rest of the sentence escape from my mouth, she started dancing. 

S.M. Building (Dance Studio 1) 

Saturday 2.31pm
“12 of you knows what to do right? Choose one trainee you want to mentor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter