Dongjin and Eunae

15 Signs He's Falling In Love With You - One Shot Collection
 

11. he loves spending time with you

28k6flk.jpg

"Great news!" are the words Dongjin hears coming from Seungcheol's mouth right when he slams the dorm doors open, a grin plastered on his face. The rest of the boys in the practice room glances up at the bright boy who stood with his chest puffed out in triumph. Dongjin his head to the side, setting down the bouncy ball he was throwing against the wall, waiting for Seungcheol to give an explanation. What could hyung possibly be up to now?

"What is it?" Jisoo asks, faking interest without glancing up from his Mac book that he held in his lap. He types away busily at whatever it was he was working on and Dongjin peeks over his shoulder to see him sending an email to friends back home. English is sprawled across it so Dongjin couldn't read it even if he could.

"I've got tickets for us to go watch the soccer game next Sunday!" He exclaims, holding up a receipt of some sort, waving it in the air excitedly. The group immediately lifts their heads, eyes wide as they scramble to their feet to see if he was telling the truth - he was.

"Soccer?" Soonyoung exclaims, straightening his back as the others crowd around the older boy to see if he was true to his words. "You're serious?"

"Yeah! I managed to get manager-nim to get us the last 16 tickets," Seungcheol boasts, grinning as he showed the group the tickets, fanning them out so they could see all of them (although they all looked the same so it didn’t really matter).

Dongjin grins. Soccer was one of his favourite sports. He often watched his hyungs play, often practicing with them as in attempt to get better at the sport. "When is the game?" Dongjin asks excitedly. Seeing his friends playing was something, but seeing professionals was a total different thing.

"Next Sunday!" Doyoon reads off the ticket, squinting at the letters on the paper. "I hope these aren't crappy seats, Cheol."

"Of course not," he snaps, snatching back the ticket. "If you don't want to go, don't go."

"If Doyoon hyung isn't going, I have a friend who would like to go," Mingyu pips up from the corner where he sat next to Wonwoo who, as much as he liked soccer, had not looked up from his iPad screen. Dongjin often wondered what it was that he always watched on the tablet but decided it was better if he didn't ask. Wonwoo hyung could be a little…weird.

"Who said I don't want to go?" Doyoon argues, grabbing the ticket back as he glared at Mingyu.

"Who said we want you to go?" Seokmin pokes, laughing, earning him a punch in the arm.

While the group argues, Dongjin can't help but have a tugging feeling in his chest. He was forgetting something. There's a sudden pat on his back and Dongjin is pushed forward a little since he was caught off guard. "What's wrong, Dongjin? You look troubled," Chan asks, raising an eyebrow. "Aren't you excited?"

"A full day with your hyung's!" Seungkwan exclaims, wrapping his arm around Dongjin's neck.

"I am!" Dongjin exclaims before rubbing the back of his neck before groaning, shutting his eyes shut as he leaned his neck back. "Aish, I just remembered, I already made plans with Eunae."

"Postpone or cancel," Samuel suggests, shrugging. "Tell her you have a soccer game to see."

"You can't just do that, Sam. Girls don't work that way." Soonyoung ruffles his dongsaeng's hair as he let out a deep laugh.

"Eunae isn't like that. I'm sure she'll understand," Junghan pointed out, raising an eyebrow at Dongjin who nodded.

It was true. Eunae was nothing like that. Dongjin knew well enough that if he mentioned a soccer game was on the same day as their meet up, she wouldn't even flinch. She'd, in fact, encourage Dongjin to go - with or without her. But something inside Dongjin no longer was excited about soccer. He thought about the plans he had made with Eunae: to go watch her favourite symphony and Dongjin was even planning on taking her out for ice cream after with the change he had managed to keep in his pocket.

Dongjin thought about how happy Eunae always seemed when she was listening to symphonies and how her eyes kept wide as she watched the harmony play out. Her eyes always grew bright with a grin plastered onto her face and Dongjin laughed to himself, remembering how she'd often have to shush him from talking.

Imaging a happy Eunae, the soccer game no longer seemed like a big deal.

"It's alright, I'll just skip out on the game," Dongjin said, waving his hands at the group. "Hyung, you can give my ticket to your friend," he nodded at Mingyu.

"I doubt Mingyu even has any other friends outside the band," Junhui muttered under his breath, getting a laugh from Hansol who managed to catch the words.

"Are you sure, Dongjin? I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to get tickets will be," Seungcheol said, frowning.

Dongjin just nodded. He was sure that hanging out with Eunae topped anything - and that included watching a soccer match with his friends. Besides, as much as he loved his bandmates, he wasn't exactly ecstatic for a day for Soonyoung and Seokmin's over-chatter, Wonwoo and Mingyu's bromance or Seungcheol and Doyoon's arguing.

 

28k6flk.jpg

"Wow." Dongjin can only laugh at Eunae as she leaves the stadium, eyes still wide. As planned, the two had set off to the stadium to watch the symphony and even then, Dongjin did not regret making the choice. One of her arms are linked through his, her other clung to her bag that sat on her left shoulder. "Wasn't that mesmerizing?" She asked, shaking her head in awe. The show had ended, leaving Eunae under a spell.

"Yeah, it was," Dongjin agreed. Although he wasn't as big as a fan of symphonies as Eunae was, he enjoyed the time he got to spend with her. "Want to go out for ice cream now?"

Her eyes immediately light up as she bobs her head back and forth. She laughs, cuddling up to his side. "You know the answer is yes."

They push the door open to the ice cream parlor not five minutes away and we slide into a booth, immediately going through the menu. Dongjin scans the flavors, not sure which one to pick - he had a rule to pick a new kind every time they came here. So far, he had tried 27 different flavors. Dongjin glances up at Eunae who is giving him a look and he laughs. She already had her order picked out - French vanilla. She always ordered that.

Finally ordering, the waitress leaves the two alone before their ice cream is served. The two talk about yesterday and Eunae asks him how his practices are going. Dongjin shrugs, saying that they're all working hard and Eunae nods, giving him a small 'hwaiting' gesture, making him grin.

It doesn't take long for the ice cream to arrive and Dongjin finishes his ice cream in no more than 20 spoons. Eunae, however, was still eating when Dongjin finished.

"I'm going to go to the washroom real quick, to wash my hands," Dongjin says, standing up and Eunae nods, continuing with her ice cream. Aish, that girl. Her ice cream is going to melt. But he doesn't say anything because he knows Eunae will give him that look again and he'll forget what he was supposed to say.

Washing his hands, he leaves the washroom and returns to see something he's not used to seeing. Eunae is frowning. No, not frowning. She was…deep in thought. Dongjin returned to his seat, eyebrows raised at her who avoided his eyes. "Something wrong?"

She didn't say anything for a moment. Just stirred her spoon in her partly melted ice cream. She opens and immediately closes, her eyebrows furrowing again. She, then, takes a deep breath and glances back down at her ice cream. "I didn't mean to look but the notification showed up on your phone. Wonwoo texted you."

Wonwoo? Dongjin's eyes go to his phone that he had left on the table and picked it up, pressing the home button so that the screen would light up. What did Wonwoo possibly say that…

Wonwoo: The soccer game is great! You should have came

Right away, Dongjin grimaces.

"Why didn't you tell me that they went to a soccer game today?" Eunae asks, finally looking up at Dongjin. "I don't want your hyungs to think that I'm like that." Her frown deepens and Dongjin aches inside.

"I wanted to spend the day with you."

"Don't say that."

"It's true," he argues, nodding his head, eyes wide.

Eunae pauses again, before lifting her head up, a small smile on her face as she shook her head. "What am I going to do with you, Dongjin?"

Dongjin laughed. And that was when he realised there was no other place he'd rather be than with her.

28k6flk.jpg

a/n: firstly, I wanted to say thank you for staying subscribed to me even though I've been lacking updates. grade 11 is so tough especially since I'm involved in lots of extracurricular and clubs ((new volleyball coach is a pain!!!)) grade 11 chem aint so hot either (((9% away from failing the class))). secondly, i apologize for this chapter to take vERY VERY long to update and it's because ive been lacking inspiration and this one was just dragging on - I didn't find it as well written as I hoped :(( THIRDLY, I smell ramen and its making it very hard to write. ALL IN ALL, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. I PROMISE TO TRY AND UPDATE MORE OFTEN!!!