Jihoon and Minah

15 Signs He's Falling In Love With You - One Shot Collection

12. he goes out of his way for you

28k6flk.jpg

Jihoon wasn't one to move around a lot. In fact, he would much rather sit still in one place and observe others work to make sure they were doing things right. (Anyone could tell that just by watching him for one minute on 17TV. He was so close with his chair that the fans even made a shipping name). So, he surprised himself when he found himself planning a surprise party for Minah to celebrate her birthday.

Holding a clipboard and watching as friends help set up the place, Jihoon grew nervous. It was the first time that a girl had made him go out of his way to make her happy and his bandmates saw it too, causing them to more than usual. Jihoon usually ignored them, turning a bright red and shot them some sort of witty reply but he knew they were right. It's just that, Jihoon liked seeing her happy and seeing Minah happy made him happy.

"Ah, is there a Lee Jihoon here?" Jihoon turns around to a delivery man holding a white box. Jihoon gestures to himself before making his way over. The man hands over the box and glances down at his own clipboard similar to Jihoon's. "This is the cake you ordered. Also, the catering people are here as well. Should I send them in?" Jihoon stares at the vanilla ice cream cake that he now held in his hand (her favourite) and nodded. The man gestures behind him and a line of people in white began wheeling in tables of food to set up. This was it. Jihoon was going to throw Minah the best birthday party ever.

Hours past, the team working hard to throw Minah a well deserved party. Especially Jihoon who was driving everyone insane with his nervous pacing and demands. "Ani, Mingyu, the balloons are supposed to be bunched together not like…like, that!" Jihoon exclaims, frantically jumping to pull down the balloons that were taped to the walls. Mingyu frowns, stepping down on the chair (although he didn't really need it) and slid it over to Jihoon to use. Jihoon can only fix the balloons for a moment however, because someone else calls out his name from across the room.

"Hyung, the DJ is here," Hansol exclaims from the door, waving from the doors of the hall.

"I'll be right there," Jihoon calls out, finishing the first bunch before jumping off the chair. "Mingyu, finish the rest of the balloons and do them properly this time," Jihoon instructs, growing more nervous. He was so nervous, in fact, he missed the annoyed look Mingyu shot him, muttering things about how he didn't know having a girlfriend would make him the boss of things.

Jihoon makes his way over to the DJ and Hansol who were in a deep talk about music when suddenly his phone rings. At the same time, a group of Minah's friends arrive to surprise their friend and Jihoon directs them to the far booth where Doyoon was standing. "He'll explain to you what to do." Or at least, Jihoon hoped he would. Looking back at his phone, Jihoon gasped at the caller ID, he brings the phone to his ear, grimacing. "Yeobeoseyo?"

"Ah, Jihoon. I've been trying to call you for the past few minutes. I just got out from work."

"Perfect! Can you meet me - ani, ani, hyung! Don't play around, you're going to break something!" Jihoon shouts at Seungcheol who was throwing Samuel in the air, both of them in a fit of giggles. "Mian, like I was saying, can you come over to Pledis first to pick me up? I'm practicing late."

She laughs, making Jihoon smile. "Ne, I'll be over. Tell Seungcheol not to drive you crazy."

"How'd you know it was him?" Jihoon asked, grinning while nodding curtly at the DJ.

"Who else would be playing around during practice?" She pauses. "Well, besides the whole band I mean…Anyways! Ne, I'm on my way to Pledis now. Go practice some more before I come." Right, practice. Jihoon says goodbye before hanging up and showing the DJ where to set up. Pledis was about 15 minutes away from her work place - it was convenient since she got to drop by during breaks but at this point, it wasn’t. It was just a leak of time, giving Jihoon less and less seconds to work with.

28k6flk.jpg

As promised, I arrived at Pledis in twenty minutes - it would have been fifteen if the bus didn't break down. Granted, it would cut away some time from the dinner with Jihoon but I didn't really mind. An hour with Jihoon was better than none at all. "Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted the front desk, tapping on the table as she looked at me with a expectant look. "I'm here to see - "

"Jihoon. Ne, he's waiting for you in Room B," she replies, almost immediately looking back to her computer once she replies.

"Oh. Kamsahamnida," I said, bowing slightly before making my way to Room B as told. It was weird though. Seventeen usually practiced in another room. Room B was just a big empty hall that hardly anyone went in. Although, there had been a few little concerts thrown inside. Whatever, I'd find out why once I saw Jihoon. I push open the door slowly and found the lights off, the room pitch black and quiet. "See, I knew there was nothing here. The front desk must have given me the wrong room. I'll go back and - "

"SURPRISE!"

I jump as the lights flick on, Seventeen, a couple of other Pledis idols and a few of my own friends jump from behind chairs and tables, arms extended and giggling like a group of preschoolers. I find myself laughing as well once I register what's going on. "What is all of this?" I asked, giving Jihoon a quick hug before pulling back to look at his smug face knowing that his plan had worked.

"You didn't think we'd just have a dinner for your birthday, did you?" He asks, grinning as the others around him laughed.

"Hyung planned everything," Seungkwan exclaimed, hitting a balloon in the air.

"Yeah and he got pretty annoying doing so," Wonwoo muttered in the back, still grumbling about being yelled at for 'not knowing how to hang a banner'.

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Jihoon, amused. "You? The king of sitting still?"

"We were surprised too," Jisoo adds, laughing.

"Yah, I'm not that lazy," Jihoon snapped, making me raise my eyebrows again.

"Well, lazy or not, thank you," I said.

"KISS HIM, KISS HIM," Seungcheol begins to chant with Seokmin, receiving me shoot them a glare. However, they don't catch on and soon everyone is chanting the same thing. I wave them off, growing embarrassed but nobody was showing signs of giving up so I quickly peck him on his lips, making both of our cheeks flush and the room roar.

"Okay, okay, enough, enough. Let's start the party, ne?" Doyoon suggest and everyone agrees but Jihoon lets out a shout, running to the front and sitting down.

"Wait, one last surprise. I want to sing something for Minah," Jihoon says, picking up his guitar and looks at me expectantly. The girls in the room swoon where as the guys whistle, ushering me to a seat to sit down while Jihoon strums his instrument. My face is bright red and my stomach has butterflies when Jihoon starts to sing. "This is She Is by Clazziquai."

"Sumgyowatdon naye sujubun ma um modu nege jul-kke," Jihoon sings, the whole hall quiet except for his melodic voice. "Chaga un na reu rum chiginun, noye miso tajyo itdon na ye."

"He must really love you a lot to organize everything," one of my friend whispers to me.

"Yeah, especially since he's an idol. Even with his busy schedule and everything, he still managed to throw you an amazing party," another friend agreed.

I grinned, feeling over the moon that someone would think that he loved me that much. Well, if Jihoon really did love me, he would show through his actions since he wasn't always great when it came to words. This, I hoped, was definitely an action. I turned my attention back to the spotlight in the front where Jihoon sat, still strumming and singing his heart out. So talented, he was. As he continued to sing, I could only think about how this was definitely one of the best birthdays ever and how lucky I was to date the one and only Lee Jihoon.

28k6flk.jpg

a/n: yes hello sorry this took so long to get out. i had problems with the plot and struggled with thinking of an idea so sorry if this is badly planned out. its not as great as i hoped but i hope you're all enjoying the collection so far! im having fun writing for the individual members and giving them their own time in the spotlight. anyways, next is the little cutie dongjin so please look forward to that!