Chapter 4-The Dance Battle

CHANGE

7:00am (Seoul High School)

“Hi Tao,” Se Hun said as he approached him in front of the school gate.

“Holy crap dude!  What the hell happened to you?” Tao asked.  “Why do you have a black eye and multiple scars all over your face?”

“I got beat up by three seniors yesterday,” Se Hun replied.  “I was on my way to lunch when they jumped me.”

“Who were they?  Do you want me to beat them up for you?” Tao offered.

Se Hun shook his head no, “Minzy already did that for me.”

“Gong Min Ji?” Tao asked looking surprised. 

Se Hun nodded his head yes, “She took three guys down by herself.  I was pretty impressed.”

“Why did she help you?”

Se Hun shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know, but I’m thankful that she came to my rescue.”

“Did she get injured while she was fighting them?”

“I’m not sure,” Se Hun replied.

“Speaking of Minzy, there she is,” Tao said pointing his finger behind him.  He squinted his eyes and looked closely at her face and he noticed that there was a white bandage covered on her right cheek.  He tilts his head to the side, “That’s strange.  Why is she wearing a bandage on her face?”

Se Hun noticed it too and scratched his head, “You’re right.  She didn’t have that on her face yesterday.  I wonder what happen to her?”

As Minzy walked passed Naeun, Minah, IU, Jiyeon, and Jiyoung, she heard them giggling at her.

“You know, it’s a little too early to be wearing your Halloween mask Minzy,” Minah smirked.

Jiyoung laughed out loud, “Speaking of Halloween masks, why didn’t you just cover your entire face so that no one can recognize you?”

Jiyeon scoffs, “Are you kidding me?  She would still be recognized because of her smelly scent.  You really need to take a shower Gong Minzy.”

“Doesn’t the homeless shelter provide showers for you bums?” IU asked plugging her nose. 

Naeun burst out laughing, “How are you ever going to find yourself a man if you don’t shower?”

Minzy ignored them as she continued to walk.  As much as she wanted to beat the out of them, she was in no mood today because her cheek was killing her.

“Minzy!” Se Hun shouted as he waved his hand at her.

Minzy looked up and saw Se Hun waving his hand at her like a little kid.  Wow, I’m surprised he actually came to school today she thought as she approached him.  She observed his body from head to toe with her cold eyes, “How are you feeling?”

“Much better,” Se Hun replied as he smiled at her.  “I wanted to thank you once again for helping me yesterday.”

“Whatever,” Minzy said as she started to walk away from him.

Se Hun quickly grabbed her arm and said, “Yah, I’m trying to be sincere here.”

Minzy yanked her arm out from his grip, “I see that.  Look, do you have anything else you want to tell me?  If not, I need to go to see Nurse Kim right now.”

“What happened to your face?” Tao bluntly asked.

Minzy scoffs, “It’s none of your business.”

Tao frowns at her, “Geez, you don’t have to bite my head off.  I was just asking.”

“Look Minzy, I…” Se Hun started to say.

“Hi Se Hun!  Can I talk to you for a minute?” Krystal shyly asked as she approached him.

“Ah, hi Krystal,” Se Hun said.  “Um, can this wait?  I really need to talk to Minzy right now.”

Krystal gave Minzy a disgusting look, “I guess.”

Minzy smirked, “Actually, we’re done talking already.  He’s all yours.”  She flashed him a cute smile and said, “I'll see you later pretty boy.”  Before he could stop her, she quickly walked away from him without looking back.

“Is there something going on between you two?” Krystal curiously asked.

Se Hun shook his head no, “She…ah…”

“Oppa, what happened to your face?  Where were you yesterday?  How come you didn’t call me last night?  Are you mad at me?” Krystal asked as she held his left arm.

“Whoa, one question at a time Krystal.  Let me walk you to class and I’ll tell you everything, okay?”

Krystal smiled, “Okay.”

“See you later Tao,” Se Hun said as he lace his fingers with Krystal.

“See you,” Tao said as he waited for Kai and Taemin.

10 minutes later

“Hey guys!” Tao cried as he saw Kai and Taemin walking towards him.

“Hi,” they both said.

“Where’s Se Hun?” Taemin asked.

“He walked Krystal to class.  You guys will never guess what happened to him!”

“What?” Kai asked.

“He got beat up by three seniors yesterday,” Tao replied.

“WHAT?!” both of them cried out loud.

Tao nodded his head, “And guess who saved his ?”

“Minzy,” Kai replied as he smiled.

“How did you know?” Tao asked looking surprised.

“She kind of told me yesterday in class,” Kai truthfully replied. 

“Yah, why didn’t you tell me about it?” Taemin asked him.

“I was going to but…” Kai started to say.

“What’s wrong with her face?” Tao cuts him off.  “Why is she wearing a huge bandage on her right cheek?”

“How did you know about her face?” Taemin asked.  “Did you see her?”

Tao nodded his head yes, “She was just here 10 minutes ago.”

“Where did she go?” Kai asked sounding a little worried.

“She said she was going to see Nurse Kim,” Tao replied.  “So, are you guys going to tell me what happened to her or not?”

“It’s a long story,” Taemin replied as he started walking away from them. 

“Yah!  Where are you going?” Kai asked.

“I’m going to see if she’s alright.  I’ll see you guys later!” Taemin replied as he started running towards the nurse’s office.

5 minutes later

“Well, it looks like your cut has been infected,” Nurse Kim said as she examined her face.

“Infected?  Great!” Minzy mumbled to herself.

“It’s a good thing you came to see me right away.”

“So, what’s going to happen?” Minzy nervously asked.

“I’m going to give you inflammation pills.  This should help stop the infection from spreading.  You will need to eat this twice a day with food,” Nurse Kim instructed.  "Do you understand?"

Minzy nodded her head, “I understand.  Thank you Nurse Kim.”

“You’re welcome.  By the way, I heard what happen yesterday.  I must say, you have a lot of guts for standing up to those thugs.”

Minzy remained silent as she twirls her fingers together.

“No matter how strong you are my dear, please don’t ever do that again.  You could have been seriously hurt,” Nurse Kim said as she handed her a frozen ice pack.  “Put this ice pack on your face for a couple of minutes.  I’m going to grab you the medication.”

“Thank you,” Minzy mumbled as she took the ice pack from her.  She placed the ice pack on her cheek as she closed her eyes.  How could my cut been infected?  I have several cuts like this before in the past, but this has never happened to me before.  Weird...

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

Minzy opened her eyes and saw Taemin standing by the door.  She forced a smile on her face and said, “Hi duck.”

Taemin walked towards her and gently removed the ice pack from her face and asked, “How are you feeling?  Does it hurt?  Do you want me to take you to the hospital?”

Minzy slowly backed away from him and placed the ice pack back on her face and replied, “I just found out that my cut has been infected and I’m in major pain right now.  And, no I refused to go to the hospital.  The last time I was there was when my parents died.”

“But…” Taemin trails off.

“Duck, quit worrying about me.  Nurse Kim is going to give me some inflammation pills to stop the infection from spreading.  I should be okay in a few days,” Minzy explained.

“I’m sorry.  I can’t help but worry about you,” Taemin quietly said as he stared at her with his worried eyes.

Minzy tilts her head to the side, “Why?  Is it because you pity me?”

“No, it’s because you’re my friend.”

Minzy stared at him with her cold eyes and scoffs, “Oh yeah?  For how long?  Aren’t you afraid your reputation will be ruined if you’re friends with me?”

“Minzy, I…”

“Here you go Min Ji,” Nurse Kim said as she walks into the room.  She looked at Taemin, “Oh, hello young man.  You’re back again?  Do you need some medical attention?”

Taemin bowed his head at her, “Hello Nurse Kim, and no I do not need any medical attention.  I came here to check on my FRIEND Minzy.”

“That’s very nice of you,” Nurse Kim said smiling at him.  She handed the bottle of inflammation pills to Minzy and reminded her, “Now don’t forget to take these pills twice a day with food, okay?”

Minzy nodded her head yes as she mumbled, “Thank you.”  She handed the ice pack back to her and bowed her head.

“You two better get going.  The bell is going to ring any minute now,” Nurse Kim said as she walked away from them.

Taemin held his hand out to her and smiled, “May I walk you to class?”

Minzy stared at his hand and scoffs, “No thank you.”

Taemin pouted his lips together, “Why not?”

Minzy got off the bed and replied, “Because I don’t want any of your crazy fan girls getting jealous.”

“Tsk, let them be jealous.  Does it look like I care?” Taemin asked as he followed her out the door.  “Yah, do you hate me or something?  Why do you always push me away?  Do I smell bad?  Are you embarrassed to be seen with me or something?  Am I annoying?”

Minzy stopped walking and turns her head around, “Yah, can you do me a favor and shut up?  Geez!  For a pretty boy like you, you sure talk a lot.”

Taemin crossed his arms in front of his chest as he frowns at her, “No, I’m not going to shut up until you answer my questions.  Now tell me.”

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!

“Go to class duck,” Minzy said as she walked towards her classroom.

“Yah!  You didn’t answer my questions yet!” Taemin shouted.  Damn it!  Why does she always do this to me?

As soon as Minzy walked into her classroom, her classmates started whispering and pointing their fingers at her.  She rolled her eyes as at them as she made her way to her desk.  Stupid classmates…instead of whispering behind my back, why not say it to my face?  When she reached her desk, she pulled her chair out and before she could sit down, she heard someone calling her name.

“Minzy!”

Minzy looked and saw Se Hun waving his hand at her.

“What do you want?” Minzy asked as she sits down.

“Come over here,” Se Hun replied.

Minzy raised her left eyebrow up, “What for?”

“Will you just come over here?” Se Hun impatiently asked.

Minzy smirked, “No.”  With that she turned her head around and faced the front classroom.

What a stubborn girl Se Hun thought as he got up from his chair.  He walked over to her and placed a $20.00 bill on her desk and said, “Take this.”

“What’s this for?” Minzy asked as she gives him a weird look.

“It’s for saving me yesterday,” Se Hun replied as he smiled at her.  "This is my way of saying thank you."

Minzy picked the $20.00 bill up and shoved it into his chest, “I don’t want it.”

“Why not?” Se Sun asked.

Before Minzy could answer him, Suzy walked towards them and poked her injured face really hard, “Did you fall on your face yesterday?”

Oh no you didn’t Minzy thought as she stood up from her chair.  Before she could punch her in the face, Se Hun had already pushed Suzy to the ground and growled, “What the hell is your problem?!”

“O-oppa…” Suzy stuttered as looks up at him.

Se Hun points a finger at her and snarled, “If I EVER see you lay a finger on her again, I will slap you back to North Korea!  Is that clear?!”

Suzy quickly nodded her head yes as she got up and ran back to her seat.

Whoa!  Did pretty boy just stick up for me?  Why?  Minzy thought as she stared at him with wide open.

Everyone started whispering to each other as Se Hun looks at them, “This applies to everyone in here too.  Got that?”

Most of their classmates quickly nodded their heads yes as they avoided looking at him. 

Kai walked into the classroom and noticed that it was too quiet.  He saw Se Hun and Minzy standing together at her desk as he walked over and asked, “What's going on?  And why is it so quiet in here?”

Minzy snapped her eyes at Kai and replied, “Pretty boy here just pushed Suzy to the ground.”

Kai eyes widen as he looked at Se Hun, “Seriously?  Why?”

“Because she touched Minzy’s injured face,” Se Hun replied as he glared at Suzy. 

“What?!” Kai shouted in disbelief.  He looked over his shoulder at Suzy as she quickly hid her face behind one of her textbooks.  Stupid girl he angrily thought. 

“Good morning class,” Mrs. Park said as she walked into the classroom.

Se Hun quickly ran over to his desk and bowed his head down like everyone else, “Good morning Mrs. Park.”

“You may sit,” Mrs. Park instructed.  “Today I will be lecturing you on how to communicate in English.  Please open your textbook to page 171.  I will…”

Kai looked over at Minzy and he noticed that she was rubbing her injured face.  He lowered his head towards her and whispered, “Are you okay?”

Minzy looks at him and whispered back, “No.”

“Did you take some Advil?”

“No.”

“Take some right now.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I left it back at the homeless shelter.”

“What?!”

“I was in a hurry this morning and I forgot to bring it with me.”

“You dummy!”

“Shut up ert!”

“Whatever!  I’m done talking to you!” Kai hissed as he turned his attention back at Mrs. Park.  How could you forget your medications at home?  Geez!  He looked over at her and saw her rubbing her injured face again.  She must be in major pain right now he thought as he closed his eyes.  Feeling sorry for her he quickly raised his hand in the air, “Excuse me, Mrs. Park?”

Mrs. Park stopped talking as she looks at Kai, “What is it Jong In?”

“I really need to use the restroom,” Kai lied.

“You may be excused,” Mrs. Park said.

“Thank you,” Kai said as he quickly walked out of the classroom.  As soon as he shut the door, he ran towards the commons to find the medicine vending machine.  He took some money out from his pocket and brought a couple packs of Advil.  The packets of Advil fell down the slot as he quickly picked them up and shoved it in his back pocket.  She better thank me for this he thought as he ran back towards his classroom.

3 minutes later

“Pssssst….” Kai said as he gently pokes Minzy by her right arm.

Minzy looks at him and whispered, “What?”

Kai took the packets of Advil out from his back pocket and placed it on her desk, “Eat this.  It’ll make you feel better.”

Minzy tilts her head to the side and whispered, “Did you just buy these?”

Kai nodded his head yes, “You can thank me later.”

I’m really shocked right now.  I can’t believe he ran all the way down to the commons just to buy some Advil for me Minzy thought as she looks at the medicines in front of her.

“Yah!  Take them right now!” Kai commanded.  “I can’t stand seeing you in pain like that.”

Minzy scoffs, “Since when did you started caring for me ert?”

“Since now you moron.  Eat it right now or else I’m going to shove it down your throat,” Kai threatened.

“Tsk, why should I take orders from you?  You’re not my boyfriend.  I’ll eat it when class is over,” Minzy hissed as she shoved the medicines in her backpack.

Kai rolled his eyes at her as he shook his head.  Why do you have to be such a stubborn little witch?  Whatever!  If you’re not going to appreciate my help, then I’m not going to care anymore.

11:30 am (Lunch time)

“Who are you waiting for?” Tao asked as he pulled a chair out to Taemin.

“Minzy,” Taemin replied as he looked around the commons for her.

“Hey guys,” Kai happily said as he sets his lunch tray on the table. 

“Hi,” Tao said as he nodded his head at him.

“Hey,” Taemin said as he nodded his head at his best friend.  Where the hell is she?

“Who are you looking for hyung?” Kai asked.

“Minzy,” Taemin replied.

“Tsk, what for?” Kai asked looking annoyed.  “She’s nothing but trouble.”

“What makes you say that?” Tao asked.

“She forgot the medications I brought her,” Kai replied.

Taemin raised his right eyebrow up, “When did you buy her medication?”

“Last night,” Kai replied.

“Last night?” Taemin asked scratching his head. 

“I ran into her at the gas station a little after midnight.  She said she ran out of Advil,” Kai explained. 

“And what were you doing at the gas station that late at night?” Tao curiously asked.

“I ran out of bread,” Kai replied.  “Anyways, she must have forgotten her money at home or something, so I paid for her Advils because she was holding up the line.”

“That was nice of you,” Tao said as he took a sip of his orange juice.

“Hey guys,” Se Hun said as he approached them.  He set his lunch tray on the table and pulled out a chair next to Kai.  “What’s up?”

“Nothing, we were just talking about Minzy,” Tao replied.

Se Hun smiled, “Speaking of Minzy, I really don’t think she’s all that bad.  What do you guys think?”

“I think she’s a stubborn girl,” Kai muttered as he took a bite out of his hamburger.

Taemin nodded his head in agreement, “Not only that, but she doesn’t like it when people help her.”

“What do you think Tao?” Se Hun asked.

“I’m not sure,” Tao replied truthfully.  “What do you think of her?”

Se Hun smirked, “I think she’s a nice and caring girl.”

Kai choked on his hamburger, “What did you just say?”

“I said, I think she’s a nice and caring girl,” Se Hun repeated himself.

“Is that what you really think of me?” a voice said behind him.

All of the boys looked up and saw Minzy standing there holding her lunch tray in front of her.  She smiled at them, “May I join you guys for lunch?”  Before any of the boys could give her an answer, she set her lunch tray down and sat next to Se Hun.  She could see a bunch of their fan girls in the commons giving her a dirty look, but as usual she ignored them.

“So Minzy, how are you feeling?” Taemin asked.

“I’m feeling a little better,” Minzy replied as she took a bite out of her apple.

“Don’t forget to take your inflammation pill,” Taemin reminded her.

Minzy smiled, “Omo!  I almost forgot!  Thank you for reminding me duck.”

“Yah!  I thought I told you to call me oppa,” Taemin cried.

“I’ll call you oppa when I feel like it,” Minzy said as she popped one inflammation pill in .  She looked over at Tao as her eyes suddenly glowed with excitement, “I heard you master in Wu Shu.  Is that true?”

Tao nodded his head yes, “I’ve been learning Wu Shu since I was 4-years-old.”

“Let’s have a fight sometime,” Minzy said as she grins at him.

Kai, Se Hun, and Taemin all shouted, “No!”

Minzy looked at them and asked, “Why not?”

Kai rolled his eyes at her, “Yah!  Are you stupid or something?  You haven’t fully recovered yet and you’re challenging Tao to fight with you?”

“Are you asking for a death wish or something?” Se Hun asked as he shook his head in disbelief.

“I forbid you to fight against Tao.  Even if it’s going to be a friendly fight, I will not let you do it,” Taemin firmly stated as he stared at her with his frosty eyes.

Minzy ignored them as she stared at Tao with her shiny eyes, “What do you say Tao?”

Instead of giving her an answer, Tao asked, “Why do you want to fight with me?”

“I want to see how good of a fighter you are,” Minzy truthfully replied.  “I think it would be a challenge for me fight against you since you've already master in Wu Shu.”

Taemin smacked Tao on his shoulder, “Yah!  If you fight against her, I’m going to personally kill you.”

Tao rolled his eyes at him, “I’m pretty sure she’s bluffing.  She won’t fight against me.  No one can beat me when it comes to Wu Shu.”

Minzy scoffs, “Who says I’m bluffing?  Are you scared that I might beat you?”

“Are you serious?” Tao asked.  “You really want to fight me?”

Minzy nodded her head yes, “Are you up for it?”

Tao smiled, “Yes.”

Se Hun kicked him underneath the table and growled, “You moron!  Why did you agree to it?”

Kai threw his straw at him, “You’re supposed to use your Wu Shu skills to defend yourself not to show it off, you !”

Taemin whacked his head, “Do you want to die or something?”

“Perfect.  How about we fight on Halloween at Korea’s Combat Ring?” Minzy suggested.

“What time?” Tao asked as he ignored his friends who were now all giving him the death look.

“4:00pm.  I’ll be waiting for you.”

“You’re going down,” Tao smirked.

“I don’t think so,” Minzy said as she winked at him.  This is going to be fun she thought.  It’s going to be a win-win situation for both of us panda boy.  It’s okay if I lose against you…at least I’ll be able to learn some new fighting technique moves.  That way I'll be able to use them in the future for my own benefits.  There was an awkward silence at the table as everyone stared at her.  She ignored them as she stared eating her food.  She smirked at them, “It’s rude to be staring.” 

4 days later (Lunch time 11:30am)

“Yah!  Are you guys still giving me the silent treatment?” Tao asked as he set his lunch tray down on the table.  For the past four days, his friends have been avoiding him.  I shouldn't have to be treated this way he thought. 

All three boys ignored him as they continued to eat their food.

“She was the one who challenged me to fight!” Tao protested. 

Se Hun scoffs at him as he finally said, “You could have just said no to her.”

“Yeah, but your pride got in the way,” Taemin added.  I hope Minzy kicks your !

“No matter how much of a badass she is, you should have never agreed to it,” Kai said punching his shoulder.

Tao rubbed his shoulder, “I thought you would be happy since she annoys the living hell out of you.”

“You’re right, she DOES annoy the living hell out of me, but that doesn’t mean you should still fight with her.  What are you going to do if you accidently break one of her body parts?” Kai asked.

Taemin glared at him, “If that happens, I'm going to break every single bone in your body.”

“Whatever,” Tao mumbled as he munched on his food.  Let them yell at me...at least they're talking to me again.

“Hi Kai,” Sulli said as she walked passed their table.

Kai smiled at her as his face turned red, “H-hi Sulli.”

Se Hun smirked, “Aw, someone’s blushing!”

“Be quite!” Kai hissed.

“When are you going to ask her out?” Taemin asked.  “You’ve been crushing on her since 7th grade.”

“Yeah, be a man and step up your game,” Se Hun pointed out.

“No kidding,” Tao chimed in.

“It’s not the right time yet,” Kai explained.

“So, when is the right time?” Taemin asked.

“Yeah, when is the right time?” Se Hun smirked.

“I don’t know!” Kai replied sounding annoyed. 

“Speaking of Sulli, didn’t you say she asked you to be her date for the dance?” Tao asked.

Kai nodded his head yes, “I’ll be picking her up tonight.  We’ll be going together.  Did anyone ask you guys to be their date for the dance tonight?”

“I asked Krystal to go with me,” Se Hun replied.  "And she said yes so we'll be going together."

“Bomi asked me to go with her,” Tao said smiling like an idiot.

“What about you hyung?” Kai asked.  “I heard a lot of girls asked you to be their dates, but you turned them all down.  Don’t tell me you’re still waiting for Minzy right?”

Taemin smiled, “Bingo.”

Tao rolled his eyes at him, “Why don’t you just ask her to be your date instead of waiting for her to ask you?”

“He’s right,” Se Hun said.  “As a matter of fact, here she comes.  It’s now or never.”

Just as Minzy walked passed their table, Kai purposely shouted her name, “Minzy!”

Minzy turned around and scoffs, “What?”

“Taemin has something to ask you,” Kai replied as he kicked him underneath the table.

Taemin jumped up from his seat as he quickly looks at her, “Ah, I…um…”

Tao and Se Hun snickered as they watched him flustered.

Minzy looks at Taemin and gives him a weird look, “Yes?”

“Are you going to the dance tonight?” Taemin mumbled.

Minzy set her lunch tray down on their table and leaned her face in closer to him, “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you.  What did you say?”

“I-I-I said are you going to the dance tonight?” Taemin stuttered as his face turned red.

Minzy eyes widen, “It’s tonight?!”

Taemin nodded his head yes, “Are you going to go?”

Minzy thought about it for a minute before she answered, “No, I don’t think so.”

“Really?”

“Hu-huh.  Why do you ask?”

“Oh, well…I…”

“Hi Taemin!” Naeun said as she tapped his shoulder.  She batted her long eyelashes at him.

“Oh, hi Naeun,” Taemin said as he glanced at her.  He turned his attention back to Minzy and said, “As I was saying, I…”

“Oppa, will you be my date for the dance tonight?” Naeun cuts him off.

Minzy looked at her and then back at Taemin as she rolled her eyes at him, “I gotta go.  Have a nice weekend.”

“But…” Taemin trails off as he watched her walked away from him. 

“What do you say oppa?” Naeun asked as she flashed him one of her iest smiles.

“Sure,” Taemin mumbled.  Great...so much for asking Minzy to be my date for the dance.  Now I'm stuck going with Naeun.

“Perfect!  Here’s my home address along with my cell phone number,” Naeun said as she handed him a piece of paper.  “Call me later okay?”

“Yeah…sure” Taemin muttered as he took the paper from her.

3:20pm (After school...Girl’s bathroom)

“Oh my god!  Did you hear that Naeun and Taemin are going to the dance together tonight?” a random girl said to her friend.

“Yeah, I heard about it.  They make a really cute couple,” her friend replied.

“I agree.  Have you noticed that Gong Min Ji has been hanging around Taemin, Kai, Se Hun, and Tao lately?  I mean, who the hell does she think she is?”

“Yeah, I noticed that too.  But you know what?  They probably pity her because she’s a loner and a loser.  I'm pretty sure they're just being nice to her.”

“That is very true.  Hey, do you think she’s going to be at the dance tonight?”

“Tsk, I hardly doubt it.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Have you ever seen her at any of the school dances before?  I hardly doubt she can even move her body.”

 “Yeah, can you imagine her trying to dance?”

“I know right?  Oh crap!  Look at the time!  Let’s get going before the others start cussing at us.”

Minzy waited until the girls were gone before she came out of the bathroom stall.  So, everyone thinks that I can’t dance huh?  I’ll show you es what I’m made of! 

8:00pm (School dance)

“Hey!  You’re finally here!” Kai shouted as he patted Taemin on his back.

“Hi Kai,” Taemin said giving him a tiny smile.  “Where’s Sulli?”

“Oh, she went to the bathroom.  Where’s Naeun?”

“She’s over there dancing with some of her friends,” Taemin replied as he pointed to a group of girls who were dancing next to the DJ.  “Have you seen Se Hun and Tao?”

“Yeah, they’re over there,” Kai said pointing his finger at the bleachers.  “Are you ready for some dance battles?”

“I’ve been ready for ages!” Taemin replied.  “Have you been practicing?”

“Of course!  What about you?”

“Hell yeah!  No one can beat me when it comes to dancing.  That’s why everyone calls me the dancing king.”

Kai rolled his eyes at him, “Whatever hyung!  When everyone sees my moves, I don’t think you’ll be the dancing king anymore.”

Taemin smiled, “We’ll see about that.”  Although he loved his best friend, they were very competitive when it came to dancing.  They were both very good at b-boying, popping, and locking.  His best friend was his biggest rival and it bothered him that they knew each other strengths and weaknesses.

Suddenly a fast song came on as a huge circle started forming in the middle of the dance floor by the students.  Kai and Taemin looked at each other and smiled.  Let the dance battle begin!

A boy name Jongup danced his way into the circle showing his dancing skills as a bunch of his friends and a couple of his fan girls cheered for him.

Not bad Taemin thought as he observed his dance moves.

“He’s pretty good,” Kai shouted.

Taemin nodded his head in agreement as he watched Jongup finished his dance move by doing a headstand using only one hand.  The crowd cheered and chanted his name.

“Jongup!  Jongup!  Jongup!  Jongup!  Jongup!”

“My turn!” Kai smirked as he danced his way into the circle.  He unleashed his dance moves as the entire crowd went wild. 

“Jong In!  Jong In!  Jong In!  Jong In!  Jong In!” the crowd excitedly shouted. 

“Damn!  Kai’s got some nice moves!” Se Hun cried.

“Show them what you got Kai!” Tao hollered.

“Go Kai!” Sulli cheered.

“Be mine forever Kai!” Jiyoung shouted.

Kai finished his dance move by doing a few worms on his stomach.  The entire crowd started screaming and clapping for him.  He looked over at his best friend and smirked.  Try to beat that hyung!

Taemin remained calm as he patiently waited for his best friend to leave the circle.  All eyes were on him now as he slowly danced his way into the circle.  He started doing some popping and locking which earned him a big round of applause from the crowd. 

“Go Taemin!” Naeun screamed as she watched him dance his heart out.

“I love you!” IU shouted as she blew kisses at him.

“Dance like there’s no tomorrow!” Minah yelled.

“You’re killing me with your hotness!” Luna hollered.  

Taemin finished his dance move by doing the windmill on his back.  The entire crowd whistled and chanted his name.

“Taemin!  Taemin!  Taemin!  Taemin!  Taemin!”

Damn!  Hyung is really good Kai thought as he clapped for his best friend.  The dance battle isn’t over yet!  This is just the beginning!

10:00pm

“What’s going on over there?” Taemin asked as he saw a bunch of students circling around a girl who was weawring a hat.

“I’m not sure,” Se Hun replied as he wiped his sweats off from his forehead.

“Let’s go check it out,” Tao said as he ran towards the mob of students along with Se Hun.

“Yah, they’re probably having another dance battle,” Kai excitedly cried as he chased after them.

“Wait for me!” Taemin shouted.

All four boys pushed their way into the circle as they saw Minah, Jiyoung, IU, Jiyeon, and Naeun standing a few feet away from Minzy.

Minzy?! All of the boys mentally shouted in their heads.

“Let’s see what you’ve got loser!” IU shouted at her.

“Bring it on!” Minzy cried as she removed her hat.  They don’t know who they’re messing with she thought as she busted out her dance moves.

“Holy !  Look at that tight !” a boy named D.O shouted.

“Damn!  I love her chest pumping!” another boy name Daehyun cried.

“Holy cow!  I think I have a right now!” a senior name L. Joe hollered.

“, she’s pretty good,” a girl name Hwayoung.

“Yah, when did Gong Min Ji learn how to dance like that?” a girl name Dasom asked.

Minzy suddenly did the splits on the floor and started humping up and down making all of the boys go absolutely crazy.

Taemin and Kai could not keep their eyes away from her as a huge smile curved on their lips.

!  I think I’ve found my dream girl Taemin thought as he cheered her on.

Is it me, or are you getting hotter by the minute Gong Min Ji?  Why must you make my poor heart feel like it’s going to burst out of my chest?  What have I done to deserve this Kai thought as he stared at her tight .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!  I hope you like this chapter because I know I did.  Please leave long comments and let me know what you're expecting from this story or how you want it to end.  Please comment and subscribe!