Chapter 2

Teardrops On My Guitar

Mekenna couldn't sleep all night let alone gather up the confidence to call Mika, so many questions were racing through her mind like "What if he doesn't answer? Is he to busy? Will he remember me? What if he pranked me? I'm gonna looks so stupid if he did. Gosh this is so stressful!"

 

"Mekenna! you haven't eaten breakfast you've been staring at this piece of paper all day, Brittany ate" Mekenna's mom said.

"Well, I'm not surprised Brittany ate" Mekenna said while laying down on the couch.

"Yeah, that's true its surprising that I didn't eat" Brittany replied.

"You were supposed to persuade her to eat" Mekenna's mom said turning back at Brittany.

"I, I, I, I mean that Mekenna if you don't eat and you lay down you'll get a big head, yup" She said waving a piece of food on her fork.

"That's when you eat and then lay down" Mekenna said sitting up and resting her arms and head on the backing of the couch, placing the post it in front of her.

"Let me see that" Mekenna's mom said snatching the post it her.

"Mom please give it back" Mekenna said still resting since she didn't have the energy to chase her mom.

"See, if you ate you could grab this from me" She said, "Who is this Mika? Is it that boy from the rookie boy band"

"Mom, you make them sound like they stink" Mekenna says finally getting off the couch, "Anyways he gave me his number"

"Mekenna, your dream is coming true you'll marry a korean singer and have little asian niños" Brittany said with a full mouth.

"Brittany, shhhhhh well" Mekenna said grabbing the post it from her mom, "Uhhhh...Brittany come"

"Uh okay" Brittany said trying scarf the food down .

"Hurry" Mekenna said yanking Brittany off the chair.

"Nooo, I never finished my food!" Brittany said while being dragged to Mekenna's room.

"You get your first boyfriend from Korea, and I have no say? Aish, my daughter is growing up to fast. I feel old" Mekenna's mother said sitting on the couch.

 

Mekenna and Brittany entered Mekenna's room or in other words the guest room. She had no clue of what to do, she has never called a singer or hanged out with one. Her eyes were blood shot from staying up if she did go and meet him today she would refuse because she looked like a zombie.

 

"Why did you drag me? My hurts now" Brittany said standing up, "Ahhh, wedge"

"Eww, Brittany" Mekenna said sitting down on the bed, "Well, I don't think I can call him"

"How come? You should it's just when I didn't know to call a boy, and you told me to and so I did" Brittany said sitting down on the desk chair.

"Yeah there is a difference between a  regular boy in the US than to a singer in Korea" Mekenna replied, "Anyways, he had lukemia and he hated you after."

"Hey, he ended up dissing Super Junior so I backed them up"

"So you said-"

"Mekenna did you know this blanket is super soft?" She said trying to change the topic.

"Uhhhh, that's a pillow and well I don't know what to do, Brittany" Mekenna said burring her head in the bed.

"Okay umm, close your eyes"

"Okay" She said sitting up and shutting her eyes.

"Okay uhhh, there are two roads in front of you, Road A, and, and the one on the left" Brittany pauses and then runs out of the room.

"Brittany! Yah! What am I going to do?" She asked herself.

 

While Mekenna and Brittany were in her room something was going on in the living room. Mekenna's mom knew what she wasn't going to call, if she did it would have been a week from now. Which is just unexceptable. What can you say mothers intuition so she decides she needs to step in and help her daughter out with this problem and how? To call him herself.

 

"Hello?" Mika says over the phone.

"Oh, uh....hello?" Mekenna's mother replied.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Umm...this is Taejin?"

"Who is Taejin"

"Mekenna"

"Oh, Taejin how come you sound like a middle aged lady?"

"Ugh...I'm not Taejin, I mean Mekenna I'm her mom."

"Oh sorry, please forgive me."

"Hmpf, I was going to call for her because she's too nervous to call you, but if you're going to act like that I can hang up."

"No, please don't hang up!"

"Hahahahaha, relax tampax I can get her to get ready in like an hour and a half?"

"How come so long?"

"Well, she looks stoned, she was staring at that paper all night and day"

"Miss? Who are you talking to?" Brittany said loudly while walking into the living room.

"Umm, can you wait one second?" Mekenna's mom said covering up the phone, "I'm trying to hook them two up."

"What two, wait, ohhhh...may I please see the phone" Brittany replied, "I got this."

"Yeah, sure" She said handing the phone over.

"Hello Mika-sshi" Brittany said quite loud into the phone.

"Hi Brittany"

"Woah, how did you know it was me" She said surprised, like if he was using some secret voodoo.

"I remember your voice, your very loud" He said with a laugh.

"You make it sound like a bad thing, well, we will get Mekenna ready and you can come over, uhh...do you know what time it is?"

"9:00 AM" Mekenna's mom replied.

"You can come at 12:00 then"

"Uh, okay?"

"Come on, more excitement boy!"

"Yey?"

"Yeah....just come at 12:00"

"Okay"

"Bye" Brittany said hanging up the phone.

 

After Brittany and Mekenna's mom ran to her room and looked at Mekenna with a sly look. Which to Mekenna meant only one thing.

 

"Did you?"

"Hehehehe, maybe" Brittany said with a smirk.

"How could you?" Mekenna said practically jumping off the bed.

"You needed to do something"

"I'm on vacation in korea I'm going to do stuff everyday"

"Come on" Mekenna's mom said and stood by Mekenna, "You have to get ready."

"When is he coming?"

"Oh 12:00" Brittany replied and also stood by Mekenna.

"That's to soon!"

"No its not it gives us enough time to get you ready and all prettied up" Mekenna's mother said putting her arm around her, "Like put some eye drops into those eyes to make them not red."

"Yup, and conceal those dark circles" Brittany said grabbing Mekenna's hand and bringing her out of the guest room.

"Hey don't push it"

"Come on, it's gonna be fun~" Brittany said letting go of Mekenna's hand and skipping around.

"Why me?" Mekenna asked staring up at the ceiling again.

"Hey" Brittany said looking up, "Mekenna what are you looking at?"