Chapter 3

Teardrops On My Guitar

“This mask feels really weird” Mekenna said as her mother was spreading a mask on her face.

“What is this mask made of? it tastes really good” Brittany said dipping the cucumbers into the bowl were the mask was.

“Chicken fat” Mekenna said with a smirk.

“No its not’ chicken fat, its avocado” Mekenna’s mother replied.

“Ewwww, that’s worse!” Brittany said as she ran to the kitchen.

“That is worse actually” Mekenna said back.

“Yah, it’s good for your skin” Mekenna’s mom said.

“It smells bad is it almost done?”

“It’s done”

“Yes! Take it off”

“Okay, han, dul..”

“Ahhhh!” Mekenna yelled as Brittany attacked her with a towel.

“Sorry! I’ll get another towel” Brittany said freaking out running into the kitchen.

“No! Don’t get another towel!” Mekenna yelled sitting up.

“Mekenna just relax” Mekenna’s mom said laying Mekenna’s head back down.

“Mom with Brittany I can’t relax, there could be an accidental death for all we know” Mekenna replied.

“I have another towel” Brittany said running back into the bathroom.

“Mom takes the towel! I’m too young to die”

“Awwww Mekenna doesn’t trust me” Brittany said with her head down, “But it’s okay, pfft , I wouldn’t trust myself either.”

“Wow Brittanny, well mommy gets it off!”

“Okay” Mekenna’s mom said wiping the avocado off her face.

“Ah, thank you” Mekenna said sitting up, “I had some up my nose I’m never going to eat avocados”

“Hehehehehe that happened to me once” Brittany said smiling.

“Can I get ready by myself, especially if it’s going to be this again?” Mekenna asked standing up.

“But” Mekenna’s mom said.

“It’s okay mom I can get ready because I’m…a big girl” Mekenna said with a thumbs up.

“Wait, but,” Mekenna’s mom says but then Mekenna cuts her off by walking in her room and closing the door, “We were bonding”

“Awwww, look at our Mekenna is growing” Brittany said and stood by Mekenna’s mom.

“I have to help her get ready” Mekenna’s mother said rushing to her door.

“No, no, no, I got this, wait here” Brittany said as she went into Mekenna’s room.

“Hey! Brittany! What are you doing get out!” Mekenna said as she shoved Brittany out of her room.

“I failed!” Brittany said as she slid down the wall, sat down, and buried her face in her knees, “I’m a failure, an absolute failure to friends everywhere!”

“Here let me try” Mekenna’s mom said about to open the door.

“Don’t, or you will end with the same fate as me, a disappointment” Brittany said raising her head from her knees.

“Okaaaaaay” Mekenna’s mom said backing away from the door.

Well, while some people were trying to break into Mekenna’s room and sulking, Mekenna was doing other things. Mekenna had no clue what to do, she didn’t even know why in the first place she asked for nobody to help her. So many things were going through her head like, “Do I need to buy new clothes? Where are we going? Is this a date or are we just hanging out? If we are I have to change into something totally different,” not to forget the most important one, “Do these shorts match my outfit?” She was stressing like crazy, also with Brittany sulking outside her door didn’t help. This was the worst timing for her, she was on vacation, that very last thing you would expect was a celebrity asking you out, of course she dreamed of this but “Why now?” is one thing that popped into her head so much.

“Ugh! I don’t have anything to wear!” Mekenna yelled in her room and body slammed on the bed, “Why didn’t I bring right clothes when I came here! I’m so stupid!”

“Hey Mekenna! Come look at this!” Brittany shouted from the living room.

“What is it!” She sat up and yelled back.

“Just come! It’s something for you!” Brittany yelled excited.

                Mekenna opened her door and walked to the door and when she found out what was causing Brittany’s yelling she froze.

“W-wh-what is this?” Mekenna said not able to absorb everything.

“This is for you” Mekenna’s mother said passing her a box.

“What is this?” Mekenna said staring at the box, “Hey! Brittany you opened it already!”

“Sorry…well just open it” Brittany said as she sat on the couch so far up it looked as if she was going fall off any second now.

“Fine” Mekenna said sitting on the floor and opening the box, “Oh…My…Gawd! Who sent this!”

“Who else would send it! Mika!” Brittany said.

“I’ll be back!” Mekenna said running to her room with the box.

                 Mekenna dumped out the box and it was filled with: Make up, a long sleeve floral dress, pearl colored heels, and weaved hat, and a necklace of a guitar. Mekenna literally died when she saw the clothes, she was so in shock she forgot to breathe. Finally she came to her senses and started to get ready, it was like Christmas. Mekenna grabbed all the make-up and ran to the dresser, sat down in front of it, and laid all the make-up out. “What is this?” Mekenna said looking at a tube that said, Snow BB Cream SPF 41. She put in on her face and was fascinated and not to mention the occasional “hehehehe” here and there. Some of the things she never noticed before, she came from a city where they had no Sephora or major make-up store. Then she paused when she looked at something. “Ugh, how do you put these on?” Mekenna asked herself as she opened the box for circle lenses, “Man, I have to ask Brittany.”

“Did somebody sprecken my name?!” Brittany said bursting into Mekenna’s room.

“No!” Mekenna said closing the circle lenses box.

“Woah, where did you get those?” Brittany said looking at the circle lenses box, “Hehehehe, you don’t know how to put them in.”

“Yes I do!” Mekenna said, “I was gonna put them on, then you came in.”

“Well, put them on” Brittany said sitting on the bed.

“But…”

“If you know you must show me…unless you need help from me”

“Fine” Mekenna said opening the box, took the lenses out of the container, and put them in, “See, Beat That!”

“Wow, Mekenna you are so courageous” Brittany said clapping sarcastically.

“Oh my gosh Brittany!”

“What….”

                Then the doorbell rang, when Mekenna heard it she freaked out, she never got dressed, and also she never did her hair, how can you go out without doing your hair.

“Brittany! I have a mission for you, you must stall, do you understand the words of which I am saying?” Mekenna said as if her life was at stake.

“Aye Aye” Brittany said sprinting out the door and to the living room, “Hey Left Nut!” Brittany yelled giving Mika a hug.

“Uh…Hi?” Mika said expecting Mekenna to come out.

“May I call you my left nut” Brittany asked in English.

“Uhhhh….okay” Mika responded in English.

“Okay, you are officially my left nut”

“Where is Mekenna or well Taejin?”

“Oh she’s getting ready, were you the one that sent her the box?”

“What are you talking about? What box?”

“Uh….I’ll be back” Brittany then ran to Mekenna’s room, “Mekenna yeah you know how I said Mika sent you the box, yeah…it sorta, kinda, isn’t him.”

“What?” Mekenna said putting the heels on.

“Yeah, so like don’t talk about it…but other than that your good” Brittany said, with a dorky thumbs up.

“Well I’m done” Mekenna said grabbing the hat and walking out of her room.

“Mekenna I hugged my left nut, it was sorta awkward though” Brittany said.

“Uh…okay”

                Mekenna walked into the room and Mika’s eyes widened and for a second or a moment it seemed as they were the only people were in the room, until it was ruined by Brittany creeping up behind Mekenna and snorting, causing Mika to laugh and Mekenna to give Brittany a death stare.

“Hey, Mekenna guess what?” Brittany said with her read on Mekenna’s shoulder.

“What?” Mekenna said feeling embarrassed.

“I like butterflies” Brittany said in a husky man voice.

“Uh….we should be going” Mika said scratching the back of his head.

“Yes!” Mekenna said relieved.

“Wait!” Mekenna’s mom said at last minute, “I have to take a picture!”

“No Mom! We’re not taking a picture!” Mekenna said grabbing Mika’s arm and running out of the house telling him, “Hurry if you want to keep you dignity”

Brittany went outside and shouted while Mekenna was getting in the car, “Bye Mekenna, Bye My Left Nut!”

“Omg!” Mekenna thought as she hid her face in her hands and waved bye.