True Feelings

Living Dead

Daehyun's POV:

For two weeks, BAP and Yoojin have been walking on the highways which had thousands of abandoned cars just standing there. Everyday we grew tired and especially hungry, we barely had enough food to go around. Some days, we would alternate of not eating just so that everyone could have extra bites of food.

We slept in the woods that was next to the roads, it was pretty safe from what we have experienced so far, but we couldn't sleep. The paranoia of getting eaten or even worse, losing one of our own, just wouldn't leave our minds even if one of stayed awake to keep watch. You could say that these two weeks felt like two thousand years in hell.

Today, the sun went down a little earlier than schedule, that meant that winter was coming; the worse season of the year. The highway was on a hill, so everyone slid off the road, I caught Yoojin before she could fall flat on her face. I don't know why but, she reminds me everyday of what hope is like, it maybe weak at first but one day it will become strong to the point where we can feel it and touch it.

While we would walk, she would tell me stories about herself, like, about the time she won an award for being the smartest student in her class. She would tell me that her father would work everyday just to save some money for his daughter to go to college overseas, and that would be her motivation to study even harder. I never was a bright student, I caused some trouble but not a delinquent, she tells me something new everyday.

I knew there was something about her that I liked, I liked her for being so innocent and pure , but strong, even through all of this. This may seem strange but I feel like my heart leans more to her than anyone else, I just wanted to be more than friends you know? It sounds crazy to be even dating while all of this is going on, but..

I shook out of my thoughts when I heard YongGuk hyung say, "Yah! Dream boy, go gather some woods for the fire, we're gonna need it tonight; I could feel the cold wind." I saluted to him as a joke and went with YoungJae and Yoojin to some trees and took up some fallen branches, sometimes YoungJae would climb the trees to get some more.

Yoojin, despite being tired and hungry 24/7, she was our bright light, I could tell that everyone else thinks so too. She worked hard to earn everyone's trust but tried to keep a friendly relationship, even YongGuk hyung would laugh at the cheesy jokes she tells us when they would come to her mind.

I looked at the road and saw Zelo breaking into cars and searching for ANY supplies. He was a trouble maker in his normal life, he told me before that he knew how to break into cars so that their alarm wouldn't go off and he would take any valuables and sell them. We didn't judge him when he told us because those things didn't matter to us, and sometimes those skills were useful.

Just then I heard a cheer, "HYUNGS!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!," yelled Zelo. We dropped everything and ran to him, I helped Yoojin up the hill and caught up with the group. Everyone was surrounding a RV, but inside was a ice box with FOOD in it!! Himchan and JongUp high fived eachother and YoungJae kissed Zelo's forehead, "Holy ! Zelo you are a life saver!!"

Zelo rubbed his forehead and cried, "Aish, hyung!! I don't play like that!" Youngjae didn't care and looked at everything, "We have enough for everyone to eat fully for weeks!" I hugged Yoojin and my hyungs, we were saved! YongGuk said, "Alright, alright, now we can't eat like we used to, we want this to last forever, alright?" Everyone nodded, we were just glad that we have more food.

Himchan and JongUp picked up the ice box together and YongGuk and YoungJae looked through the RV to find some other supplies. "Ahh, a lighter, now we won't have to rub sticks for hours!," cried YongGuk, I also helped them look. I found two tents that could fit four people each, a camping backpack, a couple blankets, and.. Chapstick.

I picked the lipbalm and put it in my pocket, 'Yoojin probably needs this.' I gathered some extra supplies and was about to leave when I saw a family picture, it had a mom and a dad and five healthy looking young boys. I thanked them in my head and left the RV.

Yoojin and Zelo came back with a huge stack of firewood and the tents were set up, Himchan was especially happy, "Yahhh, these tents are so nice! We finally have a roof over our heads." I smiled and said, " that its your turn to do night patrol." Himchan's smile went away in a second and pouted, "Thanks for ruining the mood, head."

I flicked my middle finger but laughed, I never felt this happy for a while. In thirty minutes, everything was set up, and we placed three cans of Spaghetti-O's above the fire, we were going to have a hot meal for the first time in almost four years. Yoojin wrapped herself in a blanket and sat in front of the fire.

I placed myself next to her and complimented, "Great fire." She giggled and said, "Well, if it wasn't for YongGuk oppa then we wouldn't have a fire." I then realized something, "Hey, do you always call other guys oppa?" She thought about it and nodded, "Yeah, well what else do I call them?" I exclaimed, "Are you trying to flirt with them? Only call me oppa okay?"

She grinned and asked, "Are you getting jealous?" Of course, Im jealous you babo, but instead, I said, "Uhh, no, you can't trust them, you don't know what they're capable of." She asked, "Then what about you? I have no idea what you're capable of." Well, she asked for it, I leaned much more closer, to the point where our lips were only an inch away from eachother.

I said, "That's true, you do have no idea of what I'm capable of, Han Yoojin." She started blushing then got up and walked away. I loved her for that, she's so cute!

We started our hot meal, nobody said a word because we were too busy eating. I didn't really like instant food but hey, I was hungry and I didn't care. In minutes, we were done eating, Zelo looked at the empty cans and asked, "Hyung, can't we eat a little bit more?" JongUp shook his head and said, "No, we need to make this supply last for as long as we can, but since this was a celebration dinner, I cooked three cans instead of two."

YongGuk grinned and said, "Go to sleep, Zelo, since you found these supplies, we'll clean up the rest." Zelo didn't have to be told twice, he dived into a tent and in five minutes we heard snoring.

I saw Yoojin collecting the empty cans and the empty water bottles, I went towards her but then she looked at me and awkwardly walked away from me. I chuckled and followed her, when she turned around I pretended to be busy with something and we repeated that for a while.

SHe finally broke and asked, "Can you stop following me?" I answered, "Then stop avoiding me, Han Yoojin." She blew her hair out of her face, and walked away, I snuck up behind her and hugged her from the back, "Yah, let me go, this is ual harrassment," she said. I said, "It's not ual harrassment when you like it."

Yoojin stopped struggling and let me hold on to her for a while, I rested my head on her shoulder and said, "Thank you.." She asked, her breath shaking, "F-Fo-for what?" I wanted to say that she was our hope, but we were interrupted, "Hey.."

I let her go, sadly, and saw YoungJae holding burned wood, Yoojin scurried away. I waved at YoungJae and tried to leave but he said, "You can't have her, not now." I turned around and asked, "What does that mean?" He placed the wood down and explained, "Do you not see what's going around right now? And what? You're going to start a relationship?"

Is he trying to piss me off? I'm not the person to get angry at someone that I care about but he was asking for it, "What does it matter to you? I care about her, YoungJae, I'm not gonna start something that she doesn't want. So go shove your nose in someone else's business." I tried walking away but he grabbed my arm and said, "You don't talk to me like that, I'll do whatever I want so don't think that you're the boss."

I pushed him off and asked, "Why do you care so much? Do you like her or something?" I couldn't believe my eyes or ears, he didn't say anything and he wouldn't look at me in the eyes. He does like her.. What the ? YoungJae quickly walked away without saying another word to me.

I was honestly shocked, how could he like her too? I've never seen them together... I'm wrong right? He can't like her.

 

YoungJae's POV:

I'm such an idiot, I just practically told him that I liked Yoojin, ugh! I wish I could beat myself up. But I couldn't help it, she's so perfect. Throughout those two weeks that we had nothing but eachother, I saw something different in her, even though she was tired she always had a glow in her eyes that told me to keep going at life.

Before all of this crazy happened, I was suicidal. Everyday I would come home from school and just lock myself up in my room and think about dark things. My mom and dad would argue and even hit eachother every night, my brother was apart of a gang and my sister was a secret hooker and had for money. Every figure in my life were just a piece of , I felt like I had no reason to live.

One day, I took a bottle of pills and went to a empty alley and took every single pills. I cried waiting for my slow death, right before I could fall to sleep, some girl ran to me and started making me throw up the pills. SHe shoved her fingers into my throat and eventually I threw every single one of them up.

That entire night, she stayed with me in that alley hugging me and telling me that she cared about me. When the sun rose, she gave me her number and ever since then, I texted, called and even hung out with her. Eventually, we grew close and I fell in love with her, and I grew the courage to ask her to go to my prom with me, (I know korea doesn't have prom but lets just say in this story they do, haha.).

On prom night, she looked even more gorgeous and I could dance with her all night, even though I couldn't. Just then a strange looking guy walked into the dance hall, I even saw him but didn't do anything. Just then that strange looking dude was my first Thing I ever saw, he started eating one and that one started eating anyone else.

I tried to look for her but I couldn't but then I saw her on the ground bleeding out, I wanted to save her but the teachers pushed me out and shut the door. I cried so much that night until YongGuk, Himchan and JongUp found me, they told me that I was apart of their family and everything was going to be alright.

Yoojin had so much in common with my first love and saviour, that's why I have to have her, she would keep me alive.

 

Daehyun's POV:

I decided that I read YoungJae's actions wrongly and just went to retire for the night. Luckily he went to sleep in a different tent, and I went to the one where Yoojin was. She slept next to Zelo, who snored like a pig, but even with the loud noises she didn't seem to hear it. She looked peaceful.

I lied down next to her and placed the blanket over her upper part of the body and looked at her. She was gorgeous even sleeping, I wiped some hair out of her face and whispered, "Good night, Yoojin." Before I could go to sleep I said, "Good night Himchan hyung." I heard him say, "Shut up and go to sleep, ." I grinned and fell into deep sleep.

 

AUTHOR'S Note: Hi everybody! I was just wondering if any of you guys know how to make a poster? I want to have one for this story, if you happened to make one just post it on my wall and I'll use it. Thank you for reading!!