The First Meeting

Living Dead

 

YooJin's POV:

I woke up to a ray of sunlight that came through my opened window, I stood up and stretched. Today was my shower day, we were only limited to two showers every 2 weeks. You see Neighborhood 02 was the only place that had enough water for the citizens that lived here. To get to live here, you had to go through a ridiculous amounts of testing and a blood sample to see if you had any sign of infections. 

I grabbed my towel and what was left of my shampoo then headed out the door. We had to take showers in publuc bathrooms, which was 3 blocks down my apartment building. As I walked out, I saw a military tank drive by, I supposed more of those Things were surrounding the walls of our neighborhood.

The people around me watched nervously as the tank turned the corner, kids started crying and adults watched as they were waiting for a announcement. Just then the speakers blared,"Warning! 2 Things came into Neighborhood 02! Everyone stay indoors, lock all doors and cover the windows!" I panicked as everyone ran inside a building. Knocking on every door, I asked for them to let me in but no one did. Tears rushing down my face, as I took a glimpse of one of those Things that made it past the soldiers.

Just then someone took my hand and said, "This way, quick!" He guided me into a alley and started climbing a ladder that was leading into a window. He made it to the sill and waited for me, I tried to climb but one of those Things grabbed my ankle! I screamed and fell to the ground, I kicked its head but all that did was twist its neck. Thoughts of becoming one of those Things brought tears to my eyes once again. It crawled towards me and before it could take a bite of my leg, I heard a gushing noise.

Bravely, I looked up to see the man who saved me stab a knife through its head. The blood fell onto my clothes and legs, he helped me up and let me go up the ladder first. We both made it up, he fell down to ground and took large breaths. I crawled to the opposite side of the room and also lied down.

I've never been so close to death before, the momment the Thing touched me I felt death. "Are you okay?", asked the stranger. I nodded, he got up and grinned,"That's good, but from now on, carry a weapon with you at all times. It'll do you good." I said, "But I thought the government said that no one is allowed to carry a weapon." As he got up he stated,"I don't obey the laws, its not like the government have complete control over us, like they did before."

I sighed as I remembered those days when everything was normal and everyone lived their lives happily. He looked out the window and said, "There's more than two of those Things out there." I also went towards the window and gasped as i saw at least 30 Things just walking around the street. Some were banging on doors and others were finding their way into alleys. Just then we heard gun shots and orders from soldiers, I didn't really like gun noises so looked away and squatted next to a wall. I covered my ears as the noise became louder and closer, just then I felt another hands on top if mine.

I looked up and saw the stranger, he said, "Don't think about the noise outside or the commotion, just look at me." I tried to shake his hands off that cupped my ears, but he wouldn't budge. I nearly gave up then met eyes with him, he had such kind, brown eyes. The dirty walls started melt and then we were suddenly at the beach where my last minutes of happiness happened. He then introduced, "My name is Daehyun, what's yours?" I answered, "Yoojin." He grinned and said, "Nice to meet you, Yoojin."

Just then the door to the room that we were slammed open, I came back to the grummy room that protected me from those Things. "Daehyun! People are starting to evacuate!" Daehyun stood up and asked, "What?!" He jumped up and headed for the window, I followed and saw a whole hoard of Things!! I gasped and ran away from the window, Daehyun looked at me and said, "Zelo! Take Yoojin and get out of here!"

Zelo asked, "Whose Yoojin?" Daehyun yelled, "The only girl in the room! Now make sure those Things don't touch her!" The guy named Zelo grabbed my wrist and said , "Come on, before its too late." I hesitated while looking at Daehyun, he took out a shot gun and began loading it. He then tossed the gun at Zelo and said , "Use it wisely." Zelo grinned and waved the gun at him and took me with him down the building. I asked, "What's going on? Why wasn't there an announcement?" Zelo answered, "Those Things got into the Headquarters, I'm pretty sure they ate the General."

Before I could be grossed out he opened the door and then a group of Things limped towards us. He smoothly took out a metal pipe that was poking out of his backpack, and slammed it into their heads. Before anymore could head towards us, we started running. Zelo was much taller than me so he covered more ground than I did, before my life could get any worse, I tripped.

As I tried to get up, I saw something that completely horrified me. A lot of those Things were running! Yes, RUNNING! I gasped and scrambled onto my feet, I saw Zelo three blocks down the street, so much for protecting me. I began to run, I looked back to see a few of those Things RUNNING after me! My short legs could only go so fast, but somehow those dead things were much more faster than I was.

I screamed as a Thing was so close to me that it could almost grab my hair, I looked for Zelo who was no where in sight! I almost let out a scream when someone yelled, "Duck!" Without thinking, I squatted to the floor and then the ones that were chasing me were dead. I looked up and saw a guy holding a gun, seriously, where do these guys get the weapons?

He ran up to me and grabbed my hand, "We're hiding out on the roof of the old grocery store, can you make it there?" I nodded and at once he let go of my hand and started shooting at the Things who heard the gun shots.

Soon enough, I made it up the ladder that was placed leaning next to the grocery store, I finished climbing and saw four other guys standing there including Zelo. Zelo cried, "I'm so sorry, I forgot that you were behind me." He helped me up but when I was standing, one of the guy held a gun against my head and asked, "Who are you and how'd you know we were here?" I raised my hands and said, "Please.."

Zelo said, "Hyung, Daehyun hyung said to take care of her." The one holding a gun shook Zelo off and remained the gun raised towards my head, "I don't give a ! Now tell me who the hell you are or else I'm gonna throw you off this roof!" I answered shakily, "My name is Yoojin, I was told to follow Zelo by a guy called Daehyun. "

"It's true, hyung, don't blow her brains out." a familiar voice said, I turned around and saw Daehyun and the guy who saved me when I was running away from the Things. I couldn't help but feel a kind of relief, Daehyun wiped the blood off of his face and grinned, "You made it safely, I began to worry that the little forget to take care of you."

I grinned but had nothing to say because I had 4 pairs of eyes glaring at me. Daehyun looked at his hyungs and gave one of his cheeky grins and said, "Come on guys, lighten up, introduce yourselves." One bravely stepped out and waved awkwardly, "Name is Himchan." I waved back and saw another step up, "I'm YoungJae." The one who shot many Things said, "Hi, I'm JongUp, and you owe me some amo."

I nodded and lastly, the scary one who almost killed me said with the deepest voice I have ever heard, "I'm YongGuk, sorry about the gun thing, I was just nervous, that's all." I said, "It's okay, I would have been too." Daehyun cheerfully said, "Now that we all made it out safely, what's our plan now?"

YongGuk looked over to where there were still guns firing, he sighed, "Looks like we gotta move out."