Move Out

Living Dead

 

"Hyung! What do you mean by 'move out'? This is our home!" cried Zelo. YongGuk started packing up his backpack and said, "Look around, Zelo! We've never had a home ever since this crazy happened, and we'll never have one as long as it keeps going! We need to survive and that's what I'm trying to do."

The young maknae, bowed his head in sadness because he was starting to like Neighborhood 02, even though he had to steal and mess with the government, he thought of it as his home. Slowly, everyone started helping their leader pack up all the guns and supplies. Yoojin stood there and bit her lip, she didn't know if she should help them pack or go off on her own.

Without looking up, YongGuk said, "If you want to stay with us you're going to have to help carry our food bag, I was thinking about recruiting another person anyway." He tossed a dirty black Jansport backpack to Yoojin, she clumsily caught it and peered into it, only a couple of tomato soup cans and protein bars were in there. Daehyun slid next to her and said, "Don't worry about YongGuk hyung, he was like that to me when they found me. He'll open up to you, soon."

She uneasily grinned as she glanced at YongGuk's muscular arm and his serious face. 

Just then, Zelo cried, " EVERYBODY, DUCK!!!" They all dropped to the floor on their stomachs and stayed there silently, JongUp asked quietly, "What's going on?" Zelo pushed himself back to everybody and said, "There were a lot of Things on the roof next to us, if they can run now, I don't want to see them jump." Yoojin gulped down a huge lump in because she knew how fast those Things could run now.

YongGuk sighed and said, "Alright everyone gather around, we need to stay low and unseen by everyone got it? We're going to spilt up into groups, try to make it out of this building alive and then from there, theres a bank across the street that has a tunnel that leads us out of this neighborhood. If you run into trouble you all know the rule, only use your gun if necessary, got it?"

Everybody nodded except for Yoojin, YoungJae saw her nervous face and then slid a pocket knife towards her. She looked up and he said, "Make sure you stab it in the head, or else it won't die." She didn't like the sound of that but nodded anyway, she had to be brave from now on, not the scared little girl anymore.

The groups were spilt up as so: YongGuk, HimChan and JongUp. Then Zelo and Youngjae and finally Daehyun and Yoojin. YongGuk tossed some extra bullets to Daehyun and said, "Make it out safely, alright?" Daehyun nodded and grinned, "Hyung, I'll never die by  Things so just worry about yourself." YongGuk gave a quiet chuckle and then ordered, "Give each group five minutes before heading in, there's a door that will lead you to a stairway, there's only two floors but it is a huge building."

Everyone got into their positions, some placed in some amos to their guns, others had took their knives out. Daehyun took your hand and whispered, "You flip the knife open like this," and within seconds Yoojin's kinfe swung out. She started shaking as she gripped the weapon with both of her hands.

YongGuk held out three fingers, then two and lastly, one, HimChan yanked the door open and YongGuk's group filed in and then the door shut closed. Daehyun motioned the second group to get ready, Zelo looked at his hyung and pumped his fist, "Hwaiting." Daehyun nodded and said, "Good luck."

It only felt like seconds later, but Zelo and YongJae went in, it was complete silence between Yoojin and Daehyun and even the mini war a couple blocks down seemed to have also stopped. Yoojin then dropped the knife and said, "I can't do this! I'm too scared." Daehyun took the knife and placed it back into her hand also not letting go. "You can, I'll be right behind you so don't be afriad."

Yoojin was still skeptical about the knife and the crazy plan that they had to follow through if they wanted to live. "Can't we just wait here till morning? I mean, the military can save us and we won't have to use our weapons." Daehyun calmly answered, "I don't think there are any military left, if there were, why haven't we heard gun shots or the tank firing for the past two hours?" She listened to the dead silence and she grew even more fearful of what the future had in store for her.

Daehyun whispered, "If we don't leave now, we'll never make it out alive." Yoojin gulped but nodded and gripped onto her knife, tightly. Daehyun crawled towards the door and opened it, he waved his hand over telling her to come. Before she could go in, Daehyun gave her a flashlight and whispered, "No matter what, don't scream, we don't need to attract anymore. Be brave, Yoojin-ah." She clicked the flashlight on and stepped inside.

Right behind her, Daehyun silently shut the door close, he also took our a spare flashlight and shone it down the stairs. Yoojin looked down the dark stairs that looked almost haunting and then back to Daehyun, he looked at her and grinned, "Don't worry, right behind you, remember?" She warily turned around and took one step at a time, luckily they got through the stairs in one piece but they had no idea what was in store for them on the first floor.

When Daehyun opened the door, Things were walking around eating whatever was in their way; rotten fruits, cereal boxes and even metal crates. Daehyun looked back at Yoojin and whispered, "Stay quiet and low, I'll tell you where to go." She nodded and start crawling, and so did he.

Everything was going pretty smoothly, until Yoojin saw a dead person ripped in half, she squeeked but Daehyun cupped his hand onto . He waited to hear the Things come towards them but they didn't. He whispered into her ear, "What did I say about being quiet?" Yoojin mouthed, "Sorry."

They crawled around the poor man and kept going they finally got to the door! Daehyun quickly got out a flask and started opening it, "Hey, this isn't the time to celebrate, yet! We have to actually leave the building first," whispered Yoojin. Daehyun chuckled quietly and said, "It's not alcohol dummy, in order for us to make it to the bank, we need a distraction for the Things outside,too."

It was actually gasoline, he poured it on some wooden blocks, counters, and the carpet floor. He flipped his lighter opened and said, "Get the door ready." She held the door slightly opened and nodded, the lighter barley touched the items but within seconds a huge fire broke out. Daehyun ran out the store, dragging you with him by the wrist.

He was right, in less than two minutes more Things started surrounding the store, the streets were now empty. They didn't stop running until they got inside the bank and into the huge safe where B.A.P were waiting. HimChan stood up and asked, "What took you guys so long? We were wondering if they got you both!" Daehyun chuckled and said, "Hyung, do you think that little of me?"

YongGuk asked, "So I'm guessing that little fire in the store was caused by you?" Daehyun nodded, "The one and only." Zelo and YoungJae high fived him and hugged him. JongUp was the first of B.A.P to ask Yoojin, "Are you alright? Did you even get around to use the knife?" SHe shook her head no and said, "We didn't need to use our weapons, they seemed to be interested into something else."

YongGuk came over and asked, "Are you alright? I was hoping we didn't lose our food girl." Yoojin nodded getting used to YongGuk's harsh words, they were actually calming to her now. YoungJae asked, "Uhh, guys can we leave this place before the Things find us?" YongGuk nodded and said, " Alright, everybody, grab your flashlights and kinves we're heading down the tunnel."

One by one everyone filed into the tunnel Zelo being the last to slide a metal door above it to hide the secret passage. HimChan said, "I remember those military s used this all the time to leave this hellhole to steal supplies from other Neighborhoods. And they yell at us for stealing." YongGuk and Daehyun laughed.

YoungJae looked back at Yoojin and asked, "Are you cold? I have a jacket in here, if you want it." She nodded realizing that her only clothes were a short sleeved shirt, short yoga pants and worn out Toms. YoungJae put his flashlight into his mouth and grabbed the jacket out of his backpack and tossed it to her.

She gladly put it on and thankfully, they had sheep's wool in it. She said, "Thanks, YoungJo-shi?" He grinned and corrected, "YoungJAE and you don't have to add the -shi." She smiled and nodded, happy that she made a new friend.

After walking a mile through the tunnel, they all made it out the gates of Neighborhood 02. HimChan helped Yoojin out of the tunnel and said, "Have you ever been out the neighborhood?" She shook her head no and said, "I haven't been out ever since this whole thing started." HimChan said, "Well it's nothing much to see, just trees and rotting dead people."

YoungJae smacked him in the arm hard enough that HimChan was rolling on the floor in pain. Daehyun came to you and said, "Looks like those Things have been trying to get into Neighborhood 02 for a while." Yoojin glanced at the huge gates that were now on the ground and covered with blood.

Everyone cautiously walked towards the gates where many soldiers lied, dead. YongGuk ordered, "Okay, grab as many amo as you can and if you find anything that can be useful, take it. But let's be quick, we'll never know when those Things will come." B.A.P shoved their hands into every pockets that the soldiers had and took what was needed.

As for Yoojin, she didn't feel right going through someone's pockets especially since they died such a tragic death. Zelo looked up and asked, "Aren't you searching too?" She nodded but said, "I don't feel right about this, I feel terrible for using them like this." HimChan said, "Sweetheart, just think of it like this, if they were alive they would want to help you too, so don't feel bad about this. We did worse."

Daehyun hissed at HimChan telling him to shut up, Yoojin curious but not wanting to intrude finally searched a soldier. She took out a box of amo, a pretty sharp pocket knife and extra batteries.

Just then, the soldier that she was searching started groaning, she squeled and jumped back. Daehyun ran to her and asked, "What's wrong?" She pointed at the army man and said, "He moved, I don't think he's dead." Daehyun placed two fingers on the side of the man's neck and stated, "He doesn't have a heartbeat, which means-! Move back, Yoojin!!!"

He pushed her away and just then the man stood up but instead he was now a Thing!

Daehyun swiftly took out his knife and stabbed the soldier in the head, YooJin hid her face in her hands. YongGuk and the rest finally came and asked, "What the hell is going on?" Daehyun answered while putting his knife away, "He came back to life, we need to get out of here before these hundred bodies come back, too." YongGuk nodded and said, "Move out, head North."

YooJin followed behind but looked back at the man Daehyun killed, the truth was this army man was someone she knew. He was actually a neighborhood oppa that always took care of Yoojin when she was little before he left for the military. She thought, 'Oppa, I'm sorry, we had to.'

Daehyun saw her staring at his latest victim and said, "You know, the whole point of us leaving now is so that the rest of them won't eat us." Yoojin asked, "But what's the point of trying? I mean one day we will end up like that, whether we die from old age or from them, so what's the point?"

Daehyun answered, "Well, me and my friends truly believe that one day there will be a cure and we hope and work our off to be apart of the new mankind. I hope that you feel the same because I don't want to see you end up like them, Yoojin-ah. I promise you that I will always protect you, so let's go, there's a whole lot of land to cover if we want to find a safe place to rest."

Yoojin looked at him with deep eyes and nodded, he grabbed her hand and started running to keep up with his group. As she was running, Yoojin looked back and thought, 'Good-bye Neighborhood 02, thanks for protecting me for all these years.'