The Mysterious Man Part 2

Yours Truly

I don't want to drag this fic too slowly. Here's an update.

 


 

Wooyoung woke up with a fresh start, the day bright and sunny outside his bedroom window. He was happy for some odd reason, stretching his arms to lose out last night's drowsiness. And yawning so wide, a whale could just jump into his mouth. Maybe because something good will be happening soon? He wasn't sure, but in that case, let's not waste time in bed and get the day rolling, he thought in his head, smiling goofily to himself.

 

He got out of bed quickly and thanks to his excitement, accidentally tripped over his blanket in the process. His head knocked against his bedside table and when he recovered from the dull pain, he was in a tangle of blanket, pillows and soft plushies on the floor. There was a flurry of footsteps outside. Seconds later, Taecyeon peeked in, wondering if Wooyoung was okay.

 

"Youngie, what happened?" He asked, peering down at the heap of mess on the floor.

 

"N-Nothing. I just fell." The other replied, blushing. As if it mattered, he added: "From my bed," gaining a toothy smile from the big guy. Wooyoung then pushed the mountain of soft plushies and pillows away before untangling himself from his blanket. Taecyeon had never entered his room before, so he was embarassed to see the big guy standing before him so suddenly. And in such a disgraceful state to boot! He took the hand offered to him and Taecyeon hoisted him up in one pull.

 

"Thanks." Wooyoung muttered, not quite meeting Taecyeon's eyes as he said this.

 

If it wasn't bad enough in the beginning, the older guy was now staring at the mountain of plushies pushed aside. Wooyoung blushed harder knowing this. He tried to steer Taecyeon away, offering to cook breakfast for them, but his hyung was too amazed to see the mountain of toys to bother. "Are those all yours?" He asked, eyes filled with surprise.

 

Wooyoung could only nod shyly before using all his strength to push the big guy out his door. When he finally got Taecyeon out, he quickly shut his door and locked it behind him. Well, that was an unexpected morning. So much for thinking good things will be happening today. The moment I woke up, I got tangled in a heap of bad luck. Way to go, Jang Wooyoung. Now he's going to make fun of you, and your plushies for the rest of your pathetic life.

 

He looked over at his toys, all 15 of them in total, ranging from the size of his fist to the length of his legs. He got them all from his mother and relatives. Mostly his mother. She thought it could keep him company, so she sent four boxes of plushies two days ago. Thankully, Taec wasn't home at the time. But he was grateful for it nevertheless. At least when the big guy wasn't around, he could roll around in the living room with them.

 

But he never once planned to tell his hyung. Oh well, what's done is done.

 

After a long shower, he quietly sneaked out his room and checked around for any sign of the big guy. Taecyeon was in the living room, watching television. Wooyoung then sneaked to the kitchen and carefully opened the fridge, hoping not to stir his hyung's attention away. But Taecyeon felt his presence the moment Wooyoung stepped outside the room. He quietly sneaked up to the younger boy and---

 

"BOO!!!"

 

Wooyoung jumped in fright, turning around so fast, he almost fell back against the fridge. But luckily, Taec caught him in time, gripping his shoulders tight. "Good morning, cutie!" The big guy smiled sweetly, XL-sized teeth clear as day. Wooyoung was still too shocked to greet back. 

 

"Ah...no greetings for your hyung? Even after I helped you out from that mess earlier, tsk tsk the least you could do is greet me back. But oh, you're so adorable, Youngie ah!! Sleeping with so much toys next to you."

 

"H-huh?" was all Wooyoung could muster. Taecyeon was a little too chirpy that day, for some odd reason.

 

"Let me hug you," said the big guy. And before Wooyoung could protest, he pulled the younger boy into a tight embrace, and swayed them both side to side.

 

Wooyoung allowed himself to be hugged. He kind of liked it, actually. Taecyeon was so big and warm, just like the biggest teddy bear he had. The only difference is that Taec is alive, and the teddy bear is...well, it was always just there, staring at him with its small black orbs and unchanged expression.

 

"Hyung, are you okay today?" Wooyoung managed to ask when Taecyeon pulled back from their embrace.

 

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

 

"Because you're happier for some reason." He remarked, chuckling softly. 

 

Taecyeon's expression softened then. He ruffled Wooyoung's hair and said, "I always wanted a cute dongsaeng like you. I just want to tell you that."

 

Wooyoung should have been happy, for oddly, he wasn't. He didn't want to be just a dongsaeng. But he wasn't sure what he really wanted either. It was all so confusing. Of course he couldn't tell that to Taecyeon. He just started knowing the guy properly. So he faked a happy smile and asked, "What do you want for breakfast, Taec-hyung?" thinking that maybe calling out Taecyeon's name would change his perspective a little.

 

Nothing happened.

 

________________________

 

Right after breakfast, Taecyeon immediately excused himself for work. "I have a filming in Daegu today." He informed Wooyoung. "I'll be back late. Probably by midnight. So don't stay up waiting for me. Sorry I couldn't help you for your dance again, Youngie." He smiled apologetically.

 

Wooyoung didn't want to trouble the big guy either so he shook his head and wished Taecyeon good luck.

 

For the rest of the day, Wooyoung was bored. He knew he should be practicing but there was simply nothing in the dorm that could inspire him to choreograph his moves. So he changed into his black jeans and a simple white T-shirt, finishing his look with a black leather jacket. Maybe dancing on the roof could give him some inspiration. He left the dorm minutes later and made his way up to the highest level of the building.

 

It was a beautiful sunny day. The sky was clear, with no traces of dark clouds looming over Seoul anytime soon. He felt it's going to be a productive day. Maybe today he could complete his choreography and tomorrow it's just practice, practice, practice. He got down to business immediately, listening to the song first to feel how his moves could flow.

 

One by one, ideas came in, and soon he was floating on air, following the beat of the music with little effort. He enjoyed moments like this, when his soul becomes one with the music. Unbeknown to him, someone was watching him closely nearby. That someone had a smile on his face, amused at this lonely boy dancing on the roof. He was taking a short nap earlier when the boy suddenly interrupted his sleep, and the next thing he knew, he was watching a random performance.

 

But it wasn't as random as he thought. Minutes later, the moves became more arranged, and it seemed to flow quite gracefully. The boy is obviously a good dancer. He couldn't help feeling mesmerized by the way he danced. So elegant and graceful, as if he was floating on air. And that face...it was like he's in his own world, away from the worries of the world outside.

 

When the song finally ended, Wooyoung took a deep breath and patted himself on the back. Well done, Jang Wooyoung. You could do well this Saturday.

 

He turned around, ready to leave the roof. That was when he saw someone from the corner of his eyes, and he jolted back in surprise. "Y-you..."

 

The man stood up and clapped his hands slowly. Clap. Clap. Clap. "Not bad."

 

"Were you watching me?"

 

"I can't watch you?" He asked back, raising an eyebrow. "Just so you know, you were the one who bothered my sleep first."

 

"H-huh?" Wooyoung asked, puzzled. "W-what do you mean?"

 

The man approached him slowly, a smirk plastered on his face. "Do you know me?"

 

"Uh...well, you look familiar...but I don't remember your name."

 

The man faked a hurt expression and then continued, "Do you want to know me?"

 

"Y-yeah I guess." Wooyoung would not have stuttered if the stranger wasn't standing so close to him.

 

"I'm Kim Minjun. And guess what....I don't mind taking you as my apprentice."

 

Wooyoung was honestly, without a doubt, thoroughly confused with their conversation. First was because no one used the term 'apprentice' anymore at this age of day. If they were in the old era, 'apprentice' could have been a way for someone to refer their students under them; to learn the trades of doing something from their master. In the music industry, the proper term would have 'trainee'. So Wooyoung automatically assumed this Kim Minjun was a nutjob. This points out to the second thing: Kim Minjun is mostly probably, without a doubt, a nutjob.

 

There was a smile on the nutjob's face now. Wooyoung was still trying to comprehend the situation. What just happened? What did Minjun mean by 'apprentice'? Who the hell uses that anyway?!

 

"Meet me in the same recording studio after lunch. Don't be late." He promptly left Wooyoung behind, still so confused and a little dumbfounded now.