Torn in Between

Yours Truly

Wooyoung dreaded to see Minjun the next morning. He purposely pretended he was still asleep when Taec came in to check on him. And when he didn't stir after the larger male called him a few times, Taec gave up altogether and opted to make coffee instead. Wooyoung then dragged his sorry over to the bathroom to brush his teeth and prepare himself a day of bull ahead.

 

"I hate my face." He said, staring into the mirror. Eyes drooped low from the lack of sleep last night --- no thanks to one named Minjun --- and pimples breaking out on his forehead and nose. Yeah, he hated his face this morning, and he fully blamed Minjun for it. That nutjob probably left more than just a kiss in his wake. He left toilet germs on Wooyoung's mouth, and probably some from his dirty saliva, and Wooyoung cringed at the thought.

 

Stupid guy and his stupid brain!

 

After washing his face, and applying some light foundation powder on his pimple, he dragged his to the kitchen and found Taec in an apron.

 

It was....surprising. "Hyung, you look good in floral." He grinned, smile reaching up to his eyes.

 

"Woobaby, you're finally awake. Come have some sausage."

 

It felt like they were married; the husband cooking up something for his wife. Wait a ing minute, why am I the wife?! Wooyoung thought.

 

"Something on your mind?" Taecyeon asked, eyeing him sideways.

 

"Yeah, just thinking about the audition." The oher lied.

 

"You'll do fine. Look, I might be late tonight, so don't wait up for me ok. Make sure you come home straight away after practice."

 

Home, Wooyoung thought, is a warm and nice way of describing the dorm right now. He truly felt like home whenever he returned after a long day outside. "Sure thing, hyung."

 

"And make sure you lock up the front door. I have spare keys so don't worry about me."

 

"Yeah, okay."

 

They ate their breakfast noisily. Nothing was ever quiet with Taecyeon around, and soon after that, it was time to leave for work; Taec having a film to shoot somewhere, and Woo having to drag his over to the recording room. At least he was making more progress with Minjun than ever before. He supposed there was some good of hanging around the older male.

 

The only downside was that when he entered, something more awaited for him this time. Usually, it would start off with a lecture and Minjun complaining about the lack of caffeine, but when Wooyoung entered the recording room this morning, he received a kiss on his lips for the second time that week, and it left him squirming like a pile of goo.

 

"You're late!" cue the usual morning lecture. Wooyoung could almost replay everything Minjun was about to say in his head. "I need my---"

 

"Coffee, right? I'll be right back. Will it be iced mocha or hot americano today?"

 

"Iced mocha. And don't be slow."

 

Wooyoung got back fifteen minutes later, having rushed the counter lady to make Minjun's coffee. Wooyoung used the balance to tip her for the trouble. It was Minjun's credit card anyway, so like hell Wooyoung was going to give a .

 

"Your mocha, master."

 

Minjun sneered at him and told him to sit down. And that was what he did for the next few hours, watching the nutjob do his work and belting out on lyrics while he sat on the couch at the back by himself. He wasn't even afraid that the president might turn up anymore. After all, the only one responsible to answer for his presence here was Minjun, and the older male was clearly too distracted to care.

 

There was one more day before his singing audition, and Wooyoung felt like he was ready for it.

 

"You'll do fine." Minjun suddenly said, startling him from his stupor.

 

"What?"

 

"I said..." Minjun turned his chair so they were facing each other. "You'll do fine. Just don't mess up with the notes and the lyrics."

 

"Will you be watching me?"

 

"I can't promise you anything." Minjun shrugged. "I've got my own work to do." He noticed the way Wooyoung's shoulders deflate a little. But didn't say anything about it. "If you do well, I'll treat you lunch. How bout that?"

 

Wooyoung's face lightened up at the offer. He'd been secretly tempted to use Minjun's credit card to buy some expensive meal for himself just to spite the older male, but later decided against it. He didn't want to get into a deeper trouble than he already was in.

 

"Really?" He asked, to be sure.

 

"Yeah, sure. Why not? I could do whatever I want anyway since you're my slave. Anyway, I'm tired today, so I'm dismissing you early." Wooyoung thought he heard church bells ringing in his ears. Someone up there must have felt sorry for him or something.

 

"Great. I'll just head home now. I need to practice."

 

Minjun simply nodded, and got back to his work.

 

As Wooyoung walked back home that day, he suddenly felt like he didn't want to disappoint Minjun. As crazy as it seemed, he felt like he needed to pass this audition for the older male. Funny how spending so much time with someone could do that to a person. They'd only known each other for a week. Maybe a little more. Yet, it felt like they'd known each other for years.

 

His mind soon switched to Taecyeon, and he wondered if he should cook something for the giant. Maybe he could make scrambled eggs and pork belly. But if Taec ended up coming home really late, then it would just be a waste of food. He contemplated whether to call Taecyeon or not, but then decided against it. The actor must be busy right then.

 

A couple of girls passed him along the way and he heard them giggling about something. "You know that stunt actor, Ok Taecyeon?" One girl asked her friend, and Wooyoung's ears immediately perked towards them.

 

"Yeah, he's so hot, right? How old is he anyway?"

 

"Who cares? I just know that he has a smoking hot body."

 

Wooyoung grinned. He'd seen the tan male's body a lot of times, and it always left him speechless.

 

"I heard he's filming a love story, and there's a kiss scene."

 

"What?! Are you serious? Stunt actors can kiss the main actress?"

 

"Well, apparently, the kiss happens during the stunt, so yeah..." The girl trailed off, and Wooyoung suddenly felt jealousy bubbling up inside him. A kiss scene? Taec didn't say anything about a kiss scene, and the older male always almost told him about everything.

 

"Where are they filming the scene anyway?" The other girl asked.

 

"Somewhere nearby I guess. Over at the park just off that new mall they built last----"

 

Wooyoung didn't bother to hear the rest after that. He took off running towards that park.

 

_______________________

 

Taecwoo next!