Gripping Heartbeat

Yours Truly

Wooyoung arrived at the scene just in time to see Taecyeon dash across the park towards a girl. Something knocked the air out of his lungs suddenly when something large slammed into him from the side, and Wooyoung saw the car coming before he could even stop to breathe. His heart stopped beating for a second, fear spreading across his entire being as he watched his roommate die before his very eyes. 

 

But apparently it was a well planned-out scene for the movie, and in the next second, Taecyeon was leaping into the air, avoiding the coming vehicle. He expertly maneuvered himself across the front hood of the car with only one hand to bear all his weight, and Wooyoung watched in amazement as he landed on both his feet before a couple of guys came out to beat the crap out of him.

 

The cameras continued to roll as Taec fought off those suited guys until only one of them was left standing. "Cut!" The director suddenly interrupted, and the whole set stopped filming immediately. Taecyeon relaxed a little, catching his breath.

 

Wooyoung stood frozen in place, unsure of whether he could go over to greet the big guy. Taecyeon was still working, after all."Take five!" The director said. And everyone soon chatted amongst themselves; the director heading off to speak with the main actor and actress, while Taec sat down somewhere nearby for a short drink. Wooyoung decided to take his chance then.

 

"Hyung." He called out, startling the other male.

 

"Woobaby?! What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home right now?" Taecyeon asked, worried.

 

"Yeah, I guess so." Wooyoung muttered apologetically, looking down at his shoes. "I-I was just wondering if you were free, and I thought of having dinner outside."

 

Despite his worries, Taec found his expression softening at the sight of the boy standing before him. Aigoo, there was just something so endearing and warm to see Wooyoung blushing like that. As if he was shy of Taecyeon.

 

Taec had to kick himself from pulling the younger boy into a bear hug. "I have five minutes break. But after this scene, I'll be free for an hour. We can eat then. You wouldn't mind waiting, right?"

 

Wooyoung shook his head, glad that he didn't have to eat alone tonight. "I'll wait." A sudden gush of wind made his body shiver slightly, and Taecyeon instinctively reached out for a jacket he kept nearby to wrap around the younger boy. "Wear this. It's cold outside. You can sit here while I'm working."

 

"Ok. Thanks hyung."

 

The director came back with the main casts then, and told them to get ready. They were going to continue from where they left off. Wooyoung continued to watch Taec from the side, wondering if there was even a kiss scene. It seemed ridiculous, for a stunt actor to kiss the main actress, and after almost giving up on that context, Taec surprised him with an act that would surely lead to a kiss.

 

He had to save the girl from the bad guy's clutches, who seemed to be schizophrenic, as he held on to her neck. The cameras were showing Taec's back the whole time, to hide his face probably, so it looked as if the main actor was approaching the bad guy. Wooyoung was surprised to realize that Taec had the same body built as the main actor. The only difference was their skin tone, which could easily be edited later.

 

He was watching Taecyeon so intensely with his mouth wide open that he almost missed out the kiss. Maybe he was only staring at Taecyeon so intensely, but when the kiss happened, something gripped at his heart, and for a moment, he didn't speak. He couldn't speak. He couldn't even breathe

 

It was stupid, really, to be affected over a stupid kiss that wasn't even real. But it looked like Taecyeon had meant it, to kiss her as if there were no one else around, and when the director shouted, "Cut!" Taecyeon parted away slowly, hands still gripping her elbows tightly, and she was still looking at him with that dazed look on her face. Wooyoung saw the sinful moment their eyes locked into each other's gazes once more and his heart faltered. 

 

He got up, draped Taecyeon's oversized jacket over the chair and took off running, not even bothered to bring along his phone, which he so stupidly placed on his lap earlier and it fell when he got up. 

 

Taecyeon bid farewell to the director and the other crew members first, happy that he could go off early for dinner. He still had a scene to shoot later, somewhere near the Hans River, so he needed to be ready by then. Much to his surprise, however, he found that Wooyoung was nowhere to be seen where he'd last left the boy. Wooyoung's cellphone was lying on the grass beside his chair, and his jacket was also there. He wondered where the boy had gone off to, and he thought of waiting out for a while.

 

But then a thought crossed his mind. It was odd for Wooyoung to leave his phone behind. He always carried his phone with him. Panic soon settled inside him like a bonfire, growing each passing second because the boy was nowhere to be seen, and five minutes had passed since then. He took off running into an aimless direction, calling out Wooyoung's name over the top of his lungs. And when no answer came to him, he knew he had to do something about it soon. 

 

________________________

 

I always take so long to update this. Sorry!