Somewhere Better Pt. 1

Finding You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ch. 4

“So here’s the plan.” Kris whispered to the group. They were currently taking cover behind a crumbling wall of concrete that has deteriorated over time.

“I seriously hate to say this but the warehouse is a lot bigger than I expected.” Key said pulling out the blueprints from his back pocket.

“We need to split up.” Amber said, taking the blueprint. She quickly unfolded it and smoothed it out on the ground to get a better look. “Alright, I’ll take the roof access.” Amber said after examining the outline a little closer.

“Wu and I will go in from the east and split at this corridor.” Tao said and continued going over his route with Kris.

“I’ll take the basement.” Key looked at the map confusingly.

“Guess, the back door is mine.” Henry said with confidence.

“Good, now that we know our separate routes. Only problem now is we are walking in blind, we still don’t know how many men he has on the inside, so be alert.” Amber sat back, leaning against the wall, taking slow deep breathes as she calms herself.

“Should we wait for you if we find Sehun first?”

“No, finish it. What’s important is that she’s safe.” She tightened the Velcro on her gloves before standing up.”

“That’s our cue.” Tao said cocking his pistol with a smirk on his face.

“See you guys on the other side!” Henry happily disappeared into the bushes.

Key’s POV:

I shouldn’t be here.  I have a family but Amber’s also family; Krystal to even if we don’t get along that well.

I just need to try to stay alive long enough to get her back or… get shot and bleed out on the dirty floor. That works as well.

I lowered myself onto the ground after squeezing myself through the small window that lead to the basement or what I would assume was a basement. Landing on my feet, I got my handgun ready. It’s pretty dark down here, doubt anyone would be down here.

I walked up the stairs trying not to make any noise. I could see the light atop of the stars. I heard footsteps approaching, ducking down as quickly as possible, hiding within the darkness.

I held my breath as the footsteps got louder, accompanied by a pair of voices.

“You think Sehun would let us have a go with her once that dyke is dead?”

“Probably not. He’s going to kill the both of them together, remember?”

“Well, I’m down to try new things.”

“The , necrophilia is gross and so wrong.”

Watching from the shadows, I saw them pass the door. I slowly got up, attaching my muffler on.

Please God, help me take down these motherers.  I can do this. Stealth is the key. Breathe.

I peeked around the corner to get a more accurate. They were standing in front of a door. The taller of the two handed his Uzi to the other.

“Hold this, I gotta take a leak.” I waited until the door was shut before springing into action. No mistakes, hit your target, and clean up. The first set of rules you learn when doing a dirty job.

Beretta do not fail me now.

When the shorter one had his back turned, I quickly but silently snuck up on him until I was close enough. Before he could even turn his head, I had already but a bullet in his head. I hastily caught him and the weapons in his arms as to not make any noise. Leaning him against the wall, I waited for the other guy out for his demise.

The door clicked, he walked out still adjusting belt on his slacks.

“I wonder when they’re going to show.” He said looking up. “What the f—“

PWUU

“About half an hour ago.” I said looking down at the two corpses. Putting my weapon behind me, I dragged the two bodies into the bathroom locking the door before closing it. I wiggled the doorknob a few times for reassurance before moving forward.

Tao’s POV:

I looked at Kris’s retreating back, when he rounded the corner I turned around and continued on the route that I was supposed to take. Good thing this place a dimly lit, makes sneaking around here much easier.

Since we have no idea how many goonies this bastard actually has I wouldn’t want to draw any unnecessary attention that would raise any alarms. Wonder how far Kris could get with that shotgun of his; it would go off like a fire alarm. Great, only one corner to turn. As I was about to round the corner, I quickly retreated back.

, it seems that chose the wrong route. I said as a group of five men, headed my way. I peeked to see what I have to deal with. Just my luck there’s one shotgun and four AK74. I guess the quiet approach won’t be needed.

Hearing the growing sounds of their footsteps, I pulled out my glock 36.

BANG

Headshot on the first guy that rounded the corner. Don’t give them time to think, act quickly and accordingly, and stay alive long enough to finish he mission.

As the rest of them struggled to grab their weapons, I put a bullet into the nearest guy’s leg. Catching him as he was falling to the ground, I caught him, holding him up by wrapping my arm around his neck. I ducked my head behind his shoulder while using his whole body as my shield.

Flashes filled he dark hallway as their firearms unleashed its ammunition.

Bullets came flying at me continuously, I’m pretty sure my human shield is dead by now. I took out two more with my remaining two bullets. I dropped the clip, not having enough time to reload I grabbed my human shield’s AK74. Dropping his body I fired at the remaining two, earning myself a couple of flesh wounds in the process.

They both went down simultaneously. I dropped the automatic. I stepped over the pile of bloody bodies. I picked up the shotgun and swung it over my shoulder.

I felt a sting before grabbing my bandana tied around my head and wrapped it around my upper arms, using my teeth to help me tighten the knot.

That should hold it for a while. I gripped my wounded shoulder to ease the pain as I advanced.

Kris’s POV:

Why the hell does his guy have a machete?! I ducked as he did a wide back-handed swing. I felt he sharp blade make contact with the tips of my hair making a chill run down my back. The blade had itself caught on the wall from the force o

Please log in to read the full chapter