Watch Your Back

Finding You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Amber! Calm Down!” The tall blond hair boy yelled at his friend. While dodging from the flying objects the latter was chucking across the room. The sound of breaking glass echoed through the apartment as one by one the fragile glass hit the ground, scattering the once empty floor with white shiny fragments.

“Calm down?! How could I possibly be calm?!” Amber said grabbing the glass vase on the dining tabling before throwing it against the wall, shattering the ceramic material into dozens of pieces.

Amber stood there breathless, her shoulders rose up in down in anger. She kicked the chair that was next to her before falling back against the wall, sliding down onto the ground.

“I know you are upset, but you need to get ahold of yourself if you want to find her.” The boy walked across the room back to where Amber is currently sitting on the floor. Sensing that the short haired girl finally calmed down, he kneeled in front of her.

“What am I going to do, Henry? She’s been taken from me. We need to go find her.” Amber started panicking, grabbing fists full of hair and pulling it in frustration.

“I know and we will.” Henry reassured the tomboy, pulling her in for a hug, rubbing her back in comfort.

“I need her… I can’t live without her.” Amber was shaking, tears threatening to fall but she wouldn’t allow it. She promised herself when she returned that she was going to stay strong for the one she loves. No never show any weakness as she needs to protect the only person that has ever made her feel like she was important.

“Let’s go find Key. He’ll know what to do.” Henry pushed his friend into the bathroom so she could get ready.

~*~*~*~*~

When Amber reemerged from her shared room in a new set of clothes and looking slight refreshed they set out to the furthest part of the city. The car ride was silent and the atmosphere was heavy. When Henry finally found it unbearable he opened his mouth. When he didn’t hear a reply he looked over to see her sleeping. Good, she needed it.

Henry ran a hand through his hair, letting out a sigh of frustration. These coming days will be filled with long nights but he’ll do anything for his sister.

They weren’t blood related but they both belonged in the same gang. Even if Amber left that life behind they still kept in contact. They became closer after the death of Junho and Donghae, vowing to always look out for one another no matter what.

That means that Krystal also has his protection and that his 2 year old daughter has Amber as a guardian as well.

They ran the streets together, causing mayhem wherever their legs brought them. As they grew older, times got harder. They came home with bruises, most of the time they spent few nights in a jail cell but they would come out laughing in the end.

Amber was always very spirited, very strong. She knew how to bring up your spirits up and is a very bright kid. But Henry knew; he knew of the pain that she went through, of the hardship she was dealing with. He feels it too. The stares of disapproval, the look of disgust and judgment.

Amber was lost, that is until Krystal found her. Henry was surprised at the sudden radiating happiness that flowed from Amber it was like she was whole new person. Her smile was bright and it showed that of happiness.

When Amber introduced her to him as her girlfriend, he felt a sense of respect from Krystal. No cold stare, no look of condemnation, only a bright smile and a warm hug.

From that day on Henry made a promise to himself to always preserve Amber’s happiness and that is Krystal.

So the question is…

How did things get so out of hand?
 

~*~*~*~*~

“Key, please we need your help.” Amber pleaded.

“I know and I would but I can’t risk my job, I have a family to feed.” Key felt horrible. He wanted to help, he really did. But he’s already on probation with his work and he can’t afford to lose such good government benefits.

“It’s okay I understand.” Amber dropped her head in disappointment. Amber would have to look for clues the old fashion way. Key worked for the government, he as access to files, security tapes, the whole lot.

“Come on, Key. What happened to always having each other’s backs?!” Henry slammed his hand down on the table. The boy was more than infuriated. After all they’ve been through; after all they’ve done for each other this is what it comes to?

“I’m out of the game, you know that.”

“So is Amber!! Krystal got into this mess because of this we pulled years ago! Know he’s back for revenge and he has *BAM*” Henry stopped in shock and looked at Amber whom just slammed her hand rather hard onto the table they were both seated at. .

“You don’t even know if it’s him for sure…” Key rebutted.

“It’s okay, Henry let’s leave. We’ll do this on our own. We don’t have time.”

“But Amber…” Henry looked at her in disbelief. Is she really going to give up on his help so easily?

“I don’t have time to be wasting trying to convince him. He’s made up his mind. Let’s go, we need to find her before it’s too late.” Amber said with an expressionless face on.

She got up and made her way to the door. Henry gave Key one last look before following suit.

Please log in to read the full chapter