Chapter 8

Love, Family and Money

“I don’t understand why we keep on having to go on dates” L.Joe complained as he sipped at his drink.

“I’m not having too much fun either” Sohyun said as she looked at him with an emotionless face.

“If you’re not having fun then call the damn wedding off” L.Joe said.

“It’s not that easy” Sohyun said as she looked out the window.

L.Joe watched her.

“Besides, we have to learn to tolerate each other if we are living under the same roof” Sohyun added.

There was no emotion in her voice which worried L.Joe a little.

“Yah...are you ok?” L.Joe voiced his worry.

“I’m fine” Sohyun replied coldly as she avoided eye contact with him.

“Let’s take a walk” L.Joe said as he stood up.

“W-what?” Sohyun asked but he didn’t reply as he just grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the restaurant.

“Where are we going?” Sohyun questioned L.Joe who was still dragging her.

-o-

Junhyung woke up with a headache as he could barely remember what happened. He realized that he was lying on the sofa and there was a blanket on top of him. As he sat up straight he looked around to see that the place was clean.

“Gayoon...?” he called unsure of himself.

There was no reply so he looked around for his phone and when he found it he saw the text from Gayoon.

Sign the papers...take care.

Take care? How was he supposed to take care of himself knowing that his wife was God knows where? Junhyung groaned in frustration and then found himself clutching his head in pain.

“How much did I drink?”

He received another text from Gayoon.

And if you are wondering...you drank a lot.

Junhyung found himself smiling.

-o-

“Where are we?” Sohyun asked as she looked at the take.

“A hiding space of mine...it’s where I come to be alone so keep the place quiet” L.Joe explained.

“Why are we here?” Sohyun asked as she didn’t understand why he had brought her here.

“No reason...just for some fresh air” L.Joe said as he picked up a rock and threw it in the lake.

Sohyun took in the nature around her as she breathed in the fresh air and smiled. She then dug around her bag and pulled out her sketchbook and pencil. She then sat down on the grass and started sketch.

L.Joe turned around to see the scene of Sohyun sketching and he found himself smiling.

Looks like you cheered her up again Lee Byunghun.

L.Joe went back to throwing stones in the lake as the comfortable silence settled in between them. Once Sohyun was done she smiled at the picture but then she frowned as she saw the figure she had drawn unconsciously.

Why did you draw him again Kwon Sohyun?

“Are you done?” his voice snapped her back to reality as she hurriedly snapped her sketchbook close and then she stood up.

“Yup...let’s go get lunch” Sohyun said nervously but L.Joe didn’t ask her about her picture as he nodded and walked off.

Sohyun sighed in relief as she quietly followed him.

“Where should we go eat?” Sohyun asked L.Joe who thought about it for a while.

“Your house?” he asked.

“Yah! Do you expect me to cook for you already?” Sohyun asked as she slapped his shoulder.

“Ow! You have man hands!” L.Joe whined playfully.

“More like you have a girl’s body!” Sohyun said while pointing at him.

“Ow...that hurts my pride”

“It better!” Sohyun said as she walked away while L.Joe watched her with a wide smile on his face.

-A week later-

“Today’s the day!”

Sohyun jumped a mile.

Today’s the day it all ends for you Kwon Sohyun and it’s going to be the beginning of Lee Sohyun...

Sohyun was having her hair and makeup done and she looked at herself in the mirror. 

(Please ignore the face)

“Let’s get this over with” Sohyun muttered to herself as she stood up.

“Sohyun...you look...beautiful” her father said making her blush.

“Thanks dad” she said with a shy smile.

He smiled at her and said “Don’t be shy”

“Dad...am I doing the right thing?” Sohyun asked.

“What does your heart tell you?” her dad asked her.

Sohyun smiled and said “I’m ready...let’s go dad”

“You are all grown up now...” her dad said as he wiped away a few tears.

“I’ll come visit as often as I can...I promise”

-o-

It was all done. All the empty vows and what not. Sohyun sat quietly greeting her friends once in a while.

“Our Sohyun-is is all grown up!” Hyuna squealed in happiness and hugged her.

“Our maknae is already married. What should I do?” Jihyun said.

“Aye...unnie still has a lot of time” Sohyun said with a smile.

“As witty as always” Gayoon said.

“When will our maknae learn?” Jiyoon asked and Sohyun stuck her tongue out.

“I hope I can steal away my wife now”

The girls looked at L.Joe and giggled and pushed Sohyun towards him.

Sohyun rolled her eyes.

“Are we leaving now?” Sohyun asked.

“Not yet...we still have the first dance” L.Joe said and took her hand.

Sohyun somehow found herself smiling as they danced to the soothing music.

I tried not to like you...what did you do to me Lee Byunghun?

 

I thought I would hate you...but now I can’t...Kwon Sohyun you are something else. 

HI! Well since I returned for my final year in college I got really busy...so I'm sorry for the late update and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Whoo! They are finally married. what do you think will happen next? Please leave a comment and I shall update as soon as I can. BYE!