Chapter 12

Love, Family and Money

“Junhyung oppa!”

“I’m so glad I found you” Junhyung said and then he looked at her companions.

“Can I talk to you...privately?” he asked.

Sohyun looked at Changbum, Minwoo and Jiwon and then she turned back to Junhyung and nodded.

“Would you at least introduce the guy to us?” L.Joe’s voice interrupted.

Sohyun scowled and Junhyung knew the look on her face meant trouble but then Sohyun bit her lip and said “This is Junhyung oppa...he is my unnie’s husband”

“Junhyung oppa, this is L.Joe, Changbum, Minwoo oppa and his girlfriend Jiwon unnie”

“Nice to meet you” Junhyung said and all of them nodded with a smile except for L.Joe who looked like he wanted to claw Junhyung’s face for some reason.

“I’ll drive her home so don’t worry” Junhyung said and Changbum nodded.

“Bye guys” Sohyun said but before she could leave L.Joe grabbed her hand.

“What?”

“I’m coming with”

-o-

Gayoon sat on the sofa with a book on her hands. She was reading but she wasn’t taking in the words, instead her mind was wondering somewhere else.

“That idiot” she murmured.

“Why did you wait?” Gayoon asked.

“I dunno” was his reply.

“Idiot” she murmured as she opened up her umbrella and put it over them.

“Let’s just go”

He nodded and took the umbrella from her hand.

“Why?” she whispered.

“Did you say something?”

She shook her head.

“He is gonna try and do the stupidest things isn’t he” she said as she thought back to how he had waited in the rain for her outside her work building.

-o-

“Give us some privacy” Sohyun said with a scowl on her face.

“Just do as she tell you or you are dead” Junhyung whispered to himself.

“Oppa...I can hear you” she said dangerously.

“Just giving some friendly advice” Junhyung said.

“I’ll be over there” L.Joe said and pointed towards a bench before he walked away.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Junhyung asked.

Sohyun rolled her eyes and showed him her hand.

“Oh I see” was his simple reply.

“Anyway...I was wondering...” he trailed off.

“Where Gayoon unnie is?” Sohyun asked and he nodded.

“What makes you think that I know?” Sohyun asked.

“Well for one, I didn’t have to explain what was going on between us” Junhyung pointed out.

“I can’t tell you...all I can say is that you should let her be for a while” Sohyun said.

“Now, if you excuse me, my jerk of a husband is waiting”

-o-

“Who was he?” L.Joe asked as he drove them home.

“Someone I grew up with...funny how he got married to my friend” Sohyun said more to himself.

“You grew up with him?” L.Joe questioned.

“We lived in the same neighbourhood that’s all”

“Oh”

They sat in the car silently until Sohyun’s phone rang notifying her that she had a text. She looked at it and saw it was from Changbum.

Is L.Joe being a jerk?

Sohyun found herself laughing.

L.Joe looked at her and asked “What’s so funny?”

“None of your business and keep your eyes on the road”

Sohyun quickly typed a reply.

He is being annoying ¬3¬

-o-

“Welcome back” L.Joe’s mother said with a gentle smile on her face.

“It’s good to be back” L.Joe said.

“Did you have a nice time?” L.Joe’s dad asked.

“I was as fun as it could be” Sohyun said with a smile on her face.

“It’s good to hear so...anyway, you two should rest now” L.Joe’s mom said.

“Yes mom” L.Joe said before standing up and going straight up.

Sohyun bowed a little before following L.Joe.

“Rude” Sohyun said as she entered their bedroom.

“Yeah, whatever” L.Joe said before throwing his jacket off and then jumped on the bed.

Sohyun took off her coat and placed it in the wardrobe which was now filled of her clothes. She sighed and sat down in front of her dressing table and took off her watch and jewellery.

The room had been prepared for them when they were in Jeju. She looked at her reflection and wondered what she was doing with her life and then she looked at L.Joe through her mirror. He was laying there. She wondered if he was already asleep.

She smiled and then thought about what she should do next. She took her phone out and diled the number she knew so well.

“Jiyong oppa!!

“Hey here baby sis! Back from your honeymoon?”

“Yup, I just got back...I just thought I should inform you and everyone else”

“Well...everyone misses you...especially grandmother...and sometimes you can see the loneliness in mom and dad’s eyes”

“What about you?”

He was quiet for a while.

“I miss you too”

Sohyun felt tears in her eyes.

Why did I do this?

“I miss you too oppa...I miss our fights and that’s saying something”

She heard Jiyong chuckle and she found herself smiling despite the tears.

“Anyway, it’s late...we can meet up sometime” Sohyun said.

“Definitely”

After saying their goodbyes, Sohyun heisted but hung up. She was alone in a world she didn’t belong to.

Sohyun stood up and grabbed her sleeping clothes before walking into the bathroom.

L.Joe lifted his head, a frown on his face evident. 

Whoop! Another quick update! I have been good haven't I...for now anyway. Hope you liked this chapter, please leave a comment and I will update as soon as possible. Bye!