Chapter 16

Love, Family and Money

Sohyun sat nervously next to Hyori, praying L.Joe gets here before Suzy. Sohyun wondered how Hyori even knew because this was a secret between her and L.Joe...and maybe Suzy. Sohyun hands formed fists...she did secretly want to talk to Suzy.

"Finally!" Hyori said as she stood up making Sohyun stand up too.

"Make it quick...I have places to be" Suzy said before sliding down to the chair opposite to them.

"Some people are so rude" Hyori said as she sat down.

Sohyun could feel the tension between them as she too sat down.

"Let's get to the point here...back away from my brother. He is a married man now" Hyori said with a serious expression on her face. 

"He doesn't even love his wife!" Suzy said with a laugh and then she looked at Sohyun.

"Don't you feel pathetic? Marrying a man who was already in a relationship for the money and luxury?" Suzy asked Sohyun while shaking her head.

"You are wrong! She did not marry him for-" Hyori was cut off mid sentence.

"Money may have started all this..." Sohyun said as she looked straight into Suzy's eyes "But unlike you I will not stay around him for his money!"

"Please you pathetic commoner" Suzy said as she stood up. 

Sohyun followed her lead and stood up too.

"Money is all you need...all you poor commoners want to do is leech off of people like us" Suzy said as she raised her hand to slap Sohyun.

Sohyun stood still ready to accept it as she shook her head to Hyori who tried to stop Suzy. Sohyun closed her eyes but the slap never landed on her face. She heard Hyori and Suzy gasp. Sohyun slowly opened her eyes to see L.joe with the back if his hand wiping his lips.

"Oppa! Why did you get in the way?!" Suzy asked as she tried to reach for him but he backed away. 

Sohyun sighed and placed her hand on L.Joe's shoulder. Unlike how he moved away from Suzy's touch, he did not move away from Sohyun. 

"Idiot...always does stupid things" Sohyun said as he turned towards her with a smirk on his face.

"Someone has to be the hero" he said then he looked at Suzy.

“We will talk later” with that L.Joe grabbed Sohyun’s hand and he dragged her out.

Hyori had a smile on her face as Suzu stormed out but she wasn’t satisfied as L.Joe still had not broken up with Suzy...yet.

-o-

“Hello?” Gayoon answered her phone a little reluctantly because she did not know who the caller was.

“Are you Yong Gayoon?” the caller asked her.

“Yes”

For now.

“Your husband Yong Junhyung has been in an accident”

She dropped her phone.

-o-

“Will you let go?!” Sohyun snapped at him.

“No” he replied simply.

“Why not?”

“Cuz, you may end up slapping me in the face and I have already been slapped today”

“Slapping you was not my plan...although kicking you was!”

L.Joe did not reply as he kept on dragging her out towards his secret place.

“Why are we here?” she asked as she struggled to get his grip off of her.

L.Joe did not look at her as he let go of her hand. He picked up a rock and threw it in the lake before looking straight into her eyes which made her a little bit uncomfortable.

“Why?”

“What why?”

“Why did you go with noona to meet Suzy?” he asked a little angrily.

“You know our position...we talked about this before you got yourself in this mess...don’t make it messier!” L.Joe yelled at her.

She felt tears in her eyes and she quickly blinked them away. She didn’t need him to see her like this. He was right after all, he had warned her but she still jumped in and Suzy was right too...this was all for the money. She could have rejected the marriage proposal; she could have carried on with her life and met someone who would actually treat her right...someone who she actually liked, but it was too late for that.

Sohyun suddenly felt her tears slide down her face. L.Joe was looking at her with a shocked expression on his face. She quickly wiped away her tears.

“Sohyun...” he tried to reach her but she moved away.

“I’m fine” he said.

Her tone made L.Joe’s heart feel like it had been stabbed. She was talking in her cold tone of voice again.

“And for your information, I went because I was afraid...because I think I may be falling for you”

Sohyun walked away without a second look at L.Joe.

-o-

Gayoon was having second thoughts about going back to Seoul. What if this was Junhyung’s way of getting her to come back and that he wasn’t actually walking with crutches...who breaks their leg when they are pushed to the floor by a three year old? Oh apparently her idiot of a husband.

He was at his friend’s daughter’s birthday and he had an accident where he got pushed in the kitchen while his friend’s daughter was chasing him around.

Gayoon sighed as she looked out the plane’s window as they landed in Seoul.

“Well here goes nothing”

-o-

“Er...I’ll sleep on the floor” L.Joe said as they prepared to go to bed.

Sohyun just shrugged at him.

L.Joe laid some blankets and a pillow on the floor and Sohyun found herself smiling but she didn’t stop him.

“Good night” Sohyun said.

“Muh”

She smiled again and turned off the lamp.

That night L.Joe was having a mental war inside his head. He could end it with Suzy for Sohyun, but this was based on the fact that she said she may be falling for him. Would he really end with Suzy who does love him?

The next morning, L.Joe had the biggest heart attack when he heard what his parents were saying to him and Sohyun.

“Time for you two to move out”

Hi! Here is another update and I know it has been a while and it's cuz it is seriously getting cold here in the UK making me more sleepy then usual. Anyway, please leave a comment and I'll update soon! ByE!