Episode 4 - The Stares

Weekend Love Affair
 
A week has passed once again, the members and the guests were still incomplete when she came to the mission place. It's in front of a ticket store. Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Ha Ha, Gary, and Jong Kook were already there when she arrived. Her heart was beating really fast when her eyes met Jong Kook's eyes. Their stares didn't last long as the national emcee tried to make a spiel. Few minutes later, the pretty boy member of Running Man, Song Joong Ki finally arrived. She wondered why Joong Ki looked so surprised, but she was more surprised with what he said, "I thought you were Sandara Park. Seeing you far afar with that hairstyle made me think Sandara's here." The men laughed and congratulated Joong Ki for his impromptu spiel. 
 
Time to reveal the next guests - Nickhun of 2PM and Jessica of Girl's Generation. She looked at Jong Kook to check his reaction about Jessica. She feels so happy that Jong Kook didn't even pay attention. She smiled remembering the joke that was brought up before Joong Ki arrived. Jae Suk tried to kid her about making a love line with Ha Ha, Gary, or Jong Kook. Jong Kook and her exchanged stares once again. Her heart raised its beat again. 'I wish I could be a pair of your love line, Jong Kook Oppa. But, you are already known to have it with Yoon Eun Hye-ssi.' she murmured to herself.
 
"Ji Hyo-ssi- " Jae Suk called her by a whisper when she was not paying attention. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern. "Yes, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something." she answered. "Glad to hear you're okay. Please be ready. We'll get started." reminded Jae Suk. "Yes, thank you, Jae Suk oppa." she acknowledged. The teams were announced once again. It's the Adult team (Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Kwang-soo, Nichkhun, and her) VS. the Child team (Gary, Ha Ha, Jong Kook, Joong Ki, Jessica). 'Why is it always Jae Suk Oppa's team?' she whined to herself for she wanted to be with Jong Kook in a team. 
 
'Why is it always the other guest? Why can't Ji Hyo be under the same team with me?' he thought to himself right after the teams were announced. "I'm glad Jong Kook Oppa is my team mate." Jessica told the Adult team. "Ya! Jessica, what's the meaning of that?" Suk Jin ranted jokingly. "Ya Ji Hyo-yah, why can't you be as proud as Jessica about your team?" he then ranted jokingly at Ji Hyo. She just smiled shyly. 'I am proud, but I am not that happy.' she answered to herself while she smiled shyly. 
 
Before the mission, they were given a chance to take a break. It was funny because Jessica is way prettier and popular than her, but the men's attention were at hers. 'They might be scared of the fan boys and the fans of this woman's girl group.' she thought. "Say Ji Hyo noona, who among the Running Man members is your ideal type?" asked by Kwang Soo without even warning her. Her face was seen blank as she heard what he asked. "Ya! Kwang Soo-yah, why did you do to her?" yelled Ha Ha. "Hyung, didn't you want to know, too?" Kwang Soo asked Ha Ha making the latter speechless. 
 
A loud sound of teasing was heard. "Ha Ha-yah, don't you like Ji Hyo-yah?" Jae Suk asked Ha Ha. Ha Ha's face reddened as his older-brother-like co-cast asked him all of a sudden. "Ya!" they both yelled it while holding each other's shoulders. Ha Ha made a facial expression at Jae Suk. Asking him not to reveal what he had asked him about Song Ji Hyo. And Jae Suk is liking it everytime Ha Ha gets nervous. "Ya!" Ha Ha yelled again. Jae Suk nodded as an assurance. "I understand, Ha Ha." Jae Suk commented aloud making Ha Ha a bit exasperated. 
 
Time to do the mission, Nickhun left an impression to the Running Man members. He's so athletic and smart. Jessica didn't leave a good impression when it comes to the mission for she just used her time by sitting and looking out for the bags. The men of Running Man are impressed by Ji Hyo's stamina and wit. She has been a guest for three consecutive weeks and the men knew, that one of these days, the woman, will definitely be a part of their family. The missions done were all so funny, but the time flew fast, so it's time for them to go home.
 
The Adult team lost once again, and this time Ji Hyo's face was full of disappointment. "Ji Hyo-yah, are you sure you are alright?" Jae Suk asked her when he saw her face. She nodded. "Just disappointed." she said honestly. "Not because of the team, but because of myself. I didn't do well again." she uttered softly, but Suk Jin's ears were able to hear it. The oldest member joined her and Jae Suk on their conversation. "It's alright, Ji Hyo-yah. There's still next time. A lot of mission will be done. We can win. Don't feel burdened about it."
 
"Thank you, Jae Suk Oppa, Suk Jin Oppa." she thanked the two older men who are consoling her. "You shouldn't frown. You look better when you smile." Suk Jin commended her beauty. She smiled at him. "See?" he affirmed her. "Thank you, Oppa. I'll go ahead. I still need to do something." she said as she bowed herself to have an excuse. Jae Suk and Suk Jin bid her goodbye. "She's really something, right?" Suk Jin asked. "She's so determined about something, and it's rare to know a woman like her." Jae Suk added. "Let's go." said both.
 
Despite the encouragement that Jae Suk and Suk Jin gave her, she doesn't know her mood is still down. She was walking alone to get to her car when someone from behind tails her. She turned around to see who the person is, and much to her surprise, the man, whom she has been dying to be with, is now in front of her. "J - - " both of the stopped when they tried to start the conversation. She bowed a little at Jong Kook as a sign that she'd like him to talk first because she can't even talk when her heart is racing like a car on its high speed. 
 
"Song Ji Hyo-ssi - " he called her formally which didn't matter to her. What matters is that he calls her by her name, but what she didn't know is - Jong Kook's heart has been fluttering while talking with her as well. They stared at each other and both of them were ensued by the silence. Their eyes were talking until finally Jong Kook managed to ask her a question,"Do you want me to drop you off at Ilsan?" "I do!" she quickly answered in a loud and excited voice. She bit her lip with what she just reacted, but she managed to compose herself. "Sure, if it's okay." she answered with grace. Jong Kook smiled at her while pointing the direction as he said, "This way."