VIII

My Own Jekyll & Hyde {HIATUS}

 

[Minkyung's POV]

 

"Where is Kyungmin?" Eomma asked as she noticed me going down from my room alone. I heaved a sad sigh.

"She won't come today" I answered, another sigh escaping from my mouth. "She doesn't look okay at all Eomma" she shook his head.

"What is wrong with your sister?" She questioned with a hint if worry in her tone.

"I don't know, she's having bad dreams about her so called great grandmother" I replied, giving emphasis on great grandmother.

"Great grandmother?" Eomma repeated.

"Ne Eomma, she looks really scared Eomma"

"Should we....bring your sister to a Psychiatrist?"

"What are you saying eomma? My sister is not crazy"

"What do you suggest we do then?" She asked, half-sarcastically.

"Just let her rest for now, maybe she's just so stressed with school works" Eomma just gave up. Quarelling with me would definitely be a waste of time. I glanced at my watch, it's one hour before classes begins. "I'm going, bye Eomma!"

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Annyeong Unnie!" Minkyung's heart rate dropped after getting surprised by Minjung's loud greetings.

"Aish, Park Minjung!" Minkyung frustratingly cried. "Stop scaring the hell out of me!"

"Stop drinking coffee then, you tend to get surprised so easily" Minjung gave an innocent smile. 

"Whatever" Minkyung muttered. Noticing the lack of noise, Minkyung turned to her friend. "Where's Minki?"

"She's absent today" Minjung answered. "She caught a small fever"

"Really?! Is she okay now?" Concern can already be read all over Minkyung's face. Minjung just chuckled.

"Don't worry unnie, it's just a small fever" the younger one reassured. Minkyung just nodded but worry can still be seen on her face.

"Ah unnie, classes will start!" Minjung informed after looking at her watch. "I'll be going first, later!"

"Yeh, see you later Minjung"

 

*~*~*~*

 

[Minkyung's POV]

 

"Class, we have two new transferee students today" our homeroom teacher announced."One boy and one girl. They're siblings actually. The boy will be your new classmate" she continued. "So, Mr. Cha, please come in and introduce yourself"

 

The transferee student then revealed himself. Okay, this is absolutely the first time the classroom grew silent. I believe that my classmates are staring at him with awe without me needing to glance at them. Well, even I, myself, can't help but drop my jaw and stare at this mesmerizingly gorgeous new classmate here. If I am given a chance to describe him, I would describe him in three words, tall, dark and probably, handsome. "Annyeonghaseyo! Cha Hakyeon imnida!" He bowed. Man, this boy has a cheerful aura. He had been smiling ever since he entered. "But you can call me N! Let's be good friends!" he added. Okay, where did the N come from? Is it because Hakyeon ends with letter N? 

 

I can hear some girls already gossiping about him, trying to be silent as possible. They're probably planning on when to talk or introduce theirselves to him. Aye, these girls really. Fat chance, they're not that pretty or kind though. That's why I don't involve myself with them, I might punch them right in the face.

 

Okay, going back to the N guy. It was his turn to go quiet as he waited for the teacher's next instructions. The teacher then noticed his repeating glances at her. "Oh, that's all? Alright then" she muttered. She then looked for any empty chairs. "Oh, there are two sits empty" she spoke. "Who's absent?" she asked but no one responded. I just sighed and answered her.

"Kyungmin" I answered shortly.

"Well then, Mr. Cha" she turned to the Hakyeon or N guy. "Please sit there, you'll meet your seatmate tomorrow, I guess..." he nodded and made his way towards his place.

 

I suddenly felt a little excitement. Kyungmin's gonna have a seatmate and it's a boy, a cheerful one I believe, based on that idiotic smile he has. A contrast to Kyungmin's personality. Let's see how things goes when she meets this awfully beautiful stranger. Things are starting to get interesting here.

 

"Okay, class, let's begin! Open your book on page twenty-two!"

 

*~*~*~*

 

Class wad the same as expected. A one hour meeting of teachers and students where in the teacher discusses an order of topics about the subject you're in. In short, another boring hour of my life. But not for long. Our class had ended early than intented because our homeroom teacher has something going on with her family or relatives so she has to excuse herself. After she left, the class instantly rejoiced and started doing random stuffs and as usual, it was noisy.

 

"Uhm, excuse me?" a deep voice spoke. I quickly tilted my head to where the voice came from and it turns out it came from N."Eo, N-ssi.."

"Call me N instead, we're be classmate anyway" he suggested and flashed a smile. I just smiled back and nodded.

"Okay N" I began. "How do I help you?

"Uhm, well, hehe" he said. "May I get your name first?"

"Ohh, it's Minkyung, at your service"

"Oh, haha, okay, Minkyung it is" he chuckled. "You see, my curiosity is killing, how's my seatmate? I mean, do you know anything?"

"Oh, you're asking the right person!" I exclaimed which made him jump a little. "Well, you see, your seatmate is a sibling of mine"

"Wah, chinchayo? How is my seatmate doing then?"

"Your seatmate is still resting in the house, I don't know when your seatmate will come back"

"Ohh, okay, thank you for your help then!" He thanked and made a little bow.

"Not a biggie" I replied.

 

Everyone started fixing their things, preparing to leave the room since the first period was almost over. I glanced at N. He was scanning his schedule. Oh yeah, his new. He probably does not know the way around.

 

"Um, N?" I decided to approach him. If I could at least help him know where his next class is, he won't be late."Oh, yeah?"

"What's your next class?" I asked, almost peeking at his schedule.

"Um, I have...music" he answered. "Do you perhaps know where this is?" Ah, so this kid is probably interested in music too.

"Oh, we have the same class next" I replied and grinned at him. "Hurry packing up, we'll go together"

"Chincha? Okay okay!" He scooped all of his things in one go and pushed it all inside his bag then gave me a satisfied smile. "All right, Minkyung, I'm ready!" He said with a toothy smile. He just never loses energy, does he?

"Alright, let's go then" I said and made my exit from the classroom with N trailing behind me like a tail. My other female classmates we're already giving me death glares, they're just jealous that their plan of introducing theirselves did not succeed. In their ugly faces.

 

Soon, we entered the music classroom. My classmates were not yet complete though. That makes me and N one of the early birds.

 

I scanned the room and I immediately saw my partner sitting in the corner, writing something down on his notebook. I bet his writing lyrics. 

 

A smile instantly found it's way to my face and my mood only brightened more as I approach him. My partner got me smiling recently. His lyrics are so amazing like you would want to read them repeatedly all day without getting tired of them, making me inspired to wake up early and go to school. "Good morning partner!" I bursted, making him jump from his place. I can't help but laugh my cute little partner here. "Aish! Lee Minkyung! Don't do that again" he scolded as he placed his hand to his chest to calm his heart down.

"Yah, is that how you greet me good morning?" I asked, prentending to be sad.

"Aye, good morning too" he smiled. I can no longer act sad because of that smile of his. It's only making me smile back too. "Happy?"

"Yep yep" I answered. His smile faded a little once he saw N beside me. 

"And...who is this?"

"Ah, this is N! He transferred here and it happens that he likes music too so here he is!" I explained. 

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo! Cha Hakyeon imnida! But you can call me N! Let's be friends, Wonshik-ssi!" N greeted gleefully and reached his hand out to Wonshik.

 

My smile faded once I realized Wonshik didn't respond to N's offer of handshake. I sighed. The cold prince is at it again. "Yah, Wonshik-ah, don't be a bad boy and introduve yourself too" I ordered. He gave me the I-don't-wanna look only to receive a glare from me. He just sighed and stood up. He accepted N's handshake and forced a smile. "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Wonshik imnida" 


 

Wooohooo! Let's welcome ze new karaktahh, Mr. Cha Hakyeon aka the leader of Vixxeu. Haha. I just decided of adding him suddenly. I have my reasons which you won't know for naw. :))))