IX

My Own Jekyll & Hyde {HIATUS}

It was another Friday morning, meaning it's a last day of the school week. Though it was, Minkyung hurriedly went down from her room, couldn't contain that idiotic smile glued on her smile. Knowing that Kyungmin has finally decided to go back to school, she couldn't wait to see her sister's reaction when she meets her seatmate. Knowing Kyungmin that she hates boys, she couldn't wait to get to school.

 

"Aye, why are you smiling like an idiot?" Kyungmin questioned as she took a bite from her toast. "The longer it remains, the creepier it gets."

"Just eat, okay?" Minkyung replied. You definitely have no idea, she tought.

"How can I? You're face is getting a little disturbing." Kyungmin joked, only to receive a glare from Minkyung.

"Yah, Choi Kyungmin," Minkyung began. "You don't know how many japanese boys knelt down in front of me, asking for my yes because of this face back in Japan, eo."

"Oh really? Perhaps you're attracting middle-aged men in Japan, look at you, you look like an ahjumma." Kyungmin said playfully.

"Wow, it sounds funny when it came from you." Minkyung rolled her eyes in sarcasm. Kyungmin scoffed.

"Excuse me?"

"Just eat Kyungmin! Geez, you're wasting your time on me." Minkyung cried. "But it's okay, I'm always worth everyone's time." Kyungmin just rolled her eyes at her sister's statement and decided to continue eating her breakfast.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Hey Minkyung! Hey Kyungmin!" Minki waved from afar. Minkyung and Kyungmin approached Minki, with Minjung, of course.

"Aigoo, my Minki." Minkyung immediately hugged Minki once she got near.

"Woah woah, unnie, miss me that much?"

"I was worried! Minjung told me you had fever."

"I'm fine now unnie."

"That makes us even, I was absent yesterday, too." Kyungmin butted in.

"Oh, what happened?" Minki asked. Kyungmin stared at Minki, thinking of something to say instead of her horrible dream making her absent in two days. 

 

Minkyung noticed Kyungmin's discomfort so she made a simple excuse. "She got sick too, you know, too much school work" Minkyung chuckled nervously. Minki just nodded in acknowledgement.

"Hey guys! Didn't see you there!" Minjung exclaimed sarcastically since no one bothered talking to her. The others only laughed as a reply.

"Oh, hey Minjung." Kyungmin greeted with a small wave.

"How are you now Kyungmin?" Minjung asked in concern. The poor girl had been absent for two days. It got Minjung worried too.

"I'm fine now Minjung." Kyungmin answered. "Sorry to worry you."

 

After their short meeting, they headed to their designated classrooms. Again, Minkyung was smiling like a fool. "Seriously Minkyung, you have to stop smiling like that."

"We're here~" Minkyung sang as she entered the classroom first, ignoring her sister's statement.

"Eo, Kyungmin-ah!" Some of their classmates called. "You're back!"

"Yeah" Kyungmin muttered and took her seat.

 

After some time, an unfamiliar face to Kyungmin, entered. "Oh! Good morning Mr.Cha!" Minkyung greeted enthusiastically. Hakyeon chuckled and waved at Minkyung. "Good morning Ms. Lee! You seem to be in good mood today!"

"Of course!" She grinned. "Take your seat friend!"

 

Kyungmin has her brows furrowed in confusion. There was a new classmate and Minkyung didn't tell her anything about it. 

 

N approached his seat and was surprised to see a girl beside his seat, giving him the same bewildered look. "K-Kyungmin?" He questioned with wide eyes. He thought his seatmate was a guy since the name Kyungmin is really a boy's name. Kyungmin gaped at him. "Why do you know my name?!" N pointed his pouted lips at Minkyung. Minkyung waved at her casually then gave a smug look.

 

Kyungmin glared at Minkyung then gave her attention back to N, who was already taking his seat. Kyungmin gave him a weird look. "W-Why are you sitting here?!" She questioned. N gave her a smile. "The teacher told me to. This place was vacant."

"B-but there are other vaca-" she tried looking for vacant places there was none so she stopped. "Ohh..."

"Don't you want a seatmate?" He asked.

"Yeah, I don't want one." She answered, straight to the point. N nodded slowly in realization. He then smiled at Kyungmin.

"I'm sorry to break this to you but you'll have a seatmate until school year ends." He grinned.

"Fine" she answered shortly.

"I'm N," he said. "Nice to meet a friendly person like you." Kyungmin scoffed at his obviously sarcastic statement and ignored him after.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Minkyung, wait up!" N ran up to Minkyung and Kyungmin that were on their way to music class.

"Oh yeah, sorry N." Minkyung said. Kyungmin rolled her eyes. Great, we're in the same class again, Kyungmin thought.

"Minkyung-ah" Wonshik walked up to Minkyung after she entered the class along with Kyungmin and N. "Annyeong, Wonshik-ah!" Minkyung beamed. Wonshik chuckled and led his partner to their usual place, the corner.

 

N and Kyungmin were left there, standing. It was suddenly awkward. N has no one else but Minkyung and Wonshik as his friends in the music class but he didn't want to disturb the two since they were getting busier, preparing for the first quarter of the music class' test.

 

Kyungmin, on the other hand, left N and sat in the corner of the room. She grabbed her notebook from her bag and opened her guitar case. She opened her notebook and flipped to the page where her composed lyrics is. She grabbed her guitar from the case, being careful and all. She read few notes from the notebook before beginning in singing. 

 

"Oh, Morning!" Ms. Lee entered the classroom with the same enthusiasm she has everyday. Everyone stood up from their places and greeted their Music teacher. "How's things coming along?" She asked sweetly. Everyone answered together so she was not able to understand anything. "Oh, I can see that you all are doing great!" She commented. "Oh well, continue your work yeoreobeun!"

 

Everyone sat down and proceeded with their own businesses, except N. "Eo, Mr. Cha, why are still standing there?" Ms. Lee asked as she noticed N.
"Umm, I actually don't know what to do Ms. Lee....I don't have a partner." N answered. Ms. Lee nodded and looked around. To her surprise, she saw Kyungmin sitting in the corner. "How about Ms. Choi?"

"Ne Ms. Lee?" Kyungmin looked up once she heard her name called.

"You don't have a partner, right?" she shook her head. "Very well, Mr. Cha, you'll have Ms. Choi as your partner!" Ms. Lee announced clapped her hands in delight. 

 

N grinned at Kyungmin while she gave him an annoyed glare. N approached his new partner and sat down beside her. "Aye, destiny! Don't you think?" he said cheerfully.

"I don't believe in those." she answered irratedly. N gave her an eyesmile and patted her on the head. "You're really friendly, I like you." he said. Kyungmin gave him a face, not getting what he just said.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Wahhh! We're complete today! Daebak!" Minki exclaimed as she saw Minkyung, Kyungmin, Wonshik and N approaching.

"Annyeong Minjung! Annyeong Minki!" N greeted energetically.

"Eo! Annyeong oppa!" the two chorused and grinned.

"Great, more noise." Kyungmin muttered. Minkyung nudged her sister and gave her a smile. Kyungmin forced a smile.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Good morning Ms. Kim!" all of the students stood up as Ms. Kim entered. "Good morning!" she greeted back as she placed her things on the table, making her hair fall on one side, but she flipped it perfectly back to its original place. Boys had their jaws dropped while the girls stared in jealousy.

 

"New history teacher?" Kyungmin whispered to her sister, who was between her and Wonshik. The other one nodded.

"Sub teacher only." Minkyung whispered back.

"Oh, a new face?" Ms. Kim said as she stared at Kyungmin. "Please introduce yourself." she requested, making all eyes on Kyungmin. She stood from her place and introduced herself. "Annyeonghaseyo! Choi Kyungmin imnida!" Kyungmin bowed at the unfamiliar teacher of hers. "I was absent yesterday so..."

"Oh! Okay." Ms. Kim nodded. "I'm Ms. Kim Soyeon by the way, your current history teacher."

"Oh, hi Ms. Kim, you're beautiful." Kyungmin smiled. Ms. Kim smiled back.

"Oh thank you dear, you don't look bad yourself." she replied. "Now please take your seat."

"Okay, let's start class, shall we?"