X

My Own Jekyll & Hyde {HIATUS}

"Bye Wonshik-ah!" N and Minkyung chorused as they stopped by the gate. "Now remember Wonshik, I want you to be careful out there, you hear me? You know how it is nowadays! There are l-" before Minkyung can even continue her lecturing, Wonshik chuckled and placed his index finger on her lips, silencing her. Minkyung stared at him in shock. Shocked because of Ravi's sudden action. "Yes mom, I can hear you clearly. I'll be careful." he joked before removing his finger from her lips and flashing that charming smile on her. Minkyung then felt her heart beat rapidly and her face heating up. 

 

 

She continued to stare at Wonshik waving at the others before completely disappearing. "Oh! Did you see that cute moment just now?!" Minki squealed and her cousin tagged along.

"Yes mom, I can hear you clearly." Minjung imitated Wonshik's tone then jumped up and down while squealing nonstop.

"I'm pretty glad that Wonshik is finally trying to open up to you Minkyung." Kyungmin commented, placing her hand on her sister's shoulders. Because he never did to me...

"I wonder when will you ever do the same to me, Kyungmin!" N butted in. Kyungmin turned to him and scoffed.

"We just met, how do you expect me to just open up to you easily?" she defended. N smirked then gave her a smug look.

"Then it means, you'll open up to me one day?" he asked, moving his eyebrow up and down.

"Fat chance, I hate annoying people." N pouted sadly.

"You're mean Kyungmin, you're hurting my feelings."

"Let's just go home Minkyung, I'm freaking tired." Kyungmin said,.ignoring what N said, making Minkyung chuckle.

"Okay okay," Minkyung turned to N and the cousins. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow guys, bye." Minkyung waved at the others while being dragged by her sister.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Hey Minkyung, do you have shift today? At the cafe?" Kyungmin asked. Minkyung nodded casually at her.

"Yep, I was not able to work yesterday because we have lots of assignments." Minkyung answered before sighing. "I still can't get over the fact that we're gonna run that cafe one day."

"I know right? One more year and we'll manage the cafe ourselves." Kyungmin agreed.

"And because of that good run of the business, appa is planning of making a branch on Hongdae." 

"Really? I didn't know that."

"Yeah, I overheard him and eomma talking about it so yeah."

 

Once they reached their house, Kyungmin bid Minkyung goodbye who was on her way to their cafe. Kyungmin entered the house with the same tired expression she always have on wherever she goes. "Hi dear!" her stepmom called from the kitchen.

"Oh, hey mom!" she greeted back.

"I'm almost done with dinner. Once you changed to comfortable clothes, go down okay?!"

"Ne eomma!"

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Hey manager-nim!" Minkyung greeted once she entered the cafe.

"Eo, Minkyung-ah, you're working tonight?" Manager Do asked as he watch Minkyung heading to the staff room.

"Yes! I am so back!" she yelled from the staff room as she changes her clothes to the right uniform.

 

The Choi's cafe is filled with lots of noises of people tonight. Mostly orders from newly-arrived customers, some are from other customers chit-chatting about how their day was or how one was complaining about waiting for the other in an hour or more. Since winter was fast approaching and it was hinting already by the strong and cool breeze in Seoul. Lots of people would want to be warmed in such cool night in a warm and welcoming cafe like their's.

 

This got the staff to work extra hard. They never had a chance to chit-chat not even a word. They were too focused and busy on handling the customers' orders.

 

"Was it always like this?" Minkyung whispered to herself. The last time she remembered working in the cafe was last week. She was busy with school work in the past five days. Luckily, she was free tonight so she decided to help in the cafe, in her family's cafe.

 

She glanced at her watch. "It's freaking nine-thirty." she sighed. "It's going to be a long night."

 

She walked over to the table near to the glass window to get the order. "Yes ma'am? What would you like to order?" she asked, politely as she can. 

"One cappuccino will do." the customer replied, returning the politeness. She nodded and wrote the order.

"Anything you would like to eat?"

"Oh, Blueberry Cheesecake will do." she nodded and added the cheesecake to her list.

 

While she was writing, she suddenly felt like she's being watched, like someone is observing her right now. She looked instantly and her gaze fell on someone outside the cafe, making her hairs go up. 

 

Outside the cafe was a figure of a guy. Since it's getting late, it also geeting dark outside, making it difficult for Minkyung to outline his features. But, there's one thing she knows, that guy was standing there for who knows how long. It was staring at her, not moving an inch. "Minkyung!" someone called from behind, making her turn her head. "The order!" Manager Do yelled. She nodded but before she moved, she looked back at the window only to find the guy gone. Shaking the thoughts about that guy, she proceeded with her work.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Everyone! Thank you for the hardwork!" Minkyung yelled, bowing at the staffs.

"Thank you for the hardwork Sajangnim!" some of the staff teased.

"Aye, I'm not yet the owner!" Minkyung cried. "And besides, even though I own this cafe one day, I don't want you calling me sajangnim!"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Oh well, I have to go. I still have school tomorrow. Annyeong!" She made sure to wave before getting out of the cafe.

"Take care on your way home!"

 

When she made it out, the midnight -almost-winter breeze welcomed her, making her shiver. "Woo, winter is almost coming up." she said to herself. She rubbed her arms to keep her warm and proceeded with every intentions of going home.

 

As she was walking, she suddenly heard slow footsteps behind her. Having the urge of turning her head behind her, she did, finding no one around. Only shadows of buildings and light posts can be seen as the moonlight shone brightly down on Seoul.

 

Being a paranoid person that she is, she tried calming herself by putting her earphones on and ignoring the heard footsteps. Her fear only increased when she heard the footsteps again, louder this time, despite her wearing earphones.

 

She stopped on her tracks, she looked back again and for the second time, found no one. Her breathing became very irregular and her heart was beating rapidly. The.night was becoming eerie for her.

 

Panic took over her so she decided to run away but before she even can, she was pulled into a small and dark alley, making her scream in reflex. She was pushed on the wall and a hand quickly covered , stopping her from screaming.

 

She struggled to let go since the guy was holding her against the wall, tight. Her screams were muffled by the hands of the unknown stranger. "Sshhh...quiet down..." says the stranger, with that husky voice of his. "If you don't quiet down, I-"

 

Ravi stopped speaking once Minkyung's scent filled his nose, lavender scent. It reminded him suddenly of Kyungmin. "K-Kyungmin?" he unconciously questioned, making him widen his eyes in realization.

"How did you know my sister?!" Minkyung bursted once Ravi's hand released . He backed away slowly. "Answer me! Who are you?!" she asked loudly. 

 

Before Minkyung can recognize his face, he ran away. "Yah! Where are you going?!" shouting was no use, he was already gone.

 

[Ravi's POV]

 

I ran as far as I can. Even thought I know she won't be able to make it, I have to make sure. 

 

Kyungmin has a sister? Holy , I almost got caught! How come I always encounter her? This is like the third time. Luckily, I was able to flee, if not, a big big trouble.