Four

Run Away

Sena stepped in with Jongup followed her behind. The place was a bit dark with only dim light from the corner and the stage but she quite familiar with the darkness from this place. She had visited this place a couple times. Jongup in the other hand doesn’t really spoke up any word since Sena wasn’t in good mood. The owner of this place was his relative, that’s why they could entered altough they wasn’t old enough to go to night club. First time they came to this place was when they were in second years of high school. Since that time, Sena always ended up here when she felt down. She found that this place gave her a peaceful feel.

 

This place wasn’t a common night club, in this place there were a lot of underground artis who performed their skill. They found out a certain person that they had been searching for. The guy sat at the couch, talked to a old man with serious expression plastered on his face. Sena walked closer and shouted his name.

 

“Yongguk Oppa!”

 

The guy looked up and grinned as he saw his friend, he turned back to the old man and muttered something like to wait him at back stage. He stood up and gave her an friendly hug. “Sena, it has been a while since the last time you came here.” He extended his fist and touched Jongup’s one. They sat and having a little conversation.

 

“So, what’s bring you here? I thought you two should be in your dorm.” Yongguk crossed his arm and furrowed brows, looked in the eyes at two younger before him.

 

“I miss you performance, a little sneak wouldn’t hurt right?” Sena answered shortly and gave her best smile.

 

Yongguk shrugged as he knew that was the best answer he could get. “You’re lucky. I’m going to perform in 5 minutes.” He turned to face the younger guy. “How about you? You wanna come with me?” Jongup was a dancer, he usually did dance performance everytime they came there. Jongup shook her head firmly, he surely didn’t want to risk his life again, he had to watch his bestfriend. Jongup didn’t want her to did something stupid again, though Jongup very positive that there was no way Sena would did it again. “Okay, i’m going now.”

 

“So, you just want to watch his performance?” Jongup turned his head as he looked Yongguk was far enough not to heard them.

 

“Haha, of course not.” Sena laughed and called a waiter, she ordered a glass of beer for herself. Jongup took out a box off cigarette and smoked it.

 

“I thought you’ve stopped smoking.” Sena grabbed one and putting it between her finger, Jongup gave her a lighter to lit the cigarette. Sena started to smoked it slowly she and let out the smoke. She took a sip and focused her eyes to the stage as Yongguk started his performance.

 

Sena really like to heard him sang, or should we call, rapped. He had different style from another rapper. His song was very strong, both in music and lyrics. With his deep low voice, he could make a girl fell for him easily. Sena’s mouth curled into a smile, she always admired him. Admired his spirit to keep living with his passion, ignored everything just to did what he love. Sena wished she had a small piece of his spirit, had a freedom to decided what was she gonna do in her life.

 

Her life had been decided since she was just a little baby girl, since even she couldn’t remember anything. When her parents saw Yeonhee talent in violin, they thought that Sena would had the same thing. Sure Sena had talent in music too, she loved to play piano since she was 4. But then some people started to compare her and Yeonhee. In everybody’s mind, violin was more complicated than piano. You didn’t have to be Jisoon’s daughter to learned piano, piano just a common instrument that everybody could  learned. But why Jisoon’s daughter chose it instead of violin like her mother or her sister? It was such a waste of talent. Sena had heard that sort of comment since she was a little kid. Everything went worse since Yeonhee debuted as profesional musician at very young age.

 

People demanded Sena to be exact like her sister, followed her step in music world. With bunch of not-so-good comment, Sena started to lost her interest in piano, she didn’t see piano as her passion again. And it just made thing worsened, people said that her skill wasn’t as great as Yeonhee. There were a lot of pianis who played better than her. Her parent didn’t really like with this state, they started to pushed her to practice harder. Every each day passed, Sena felt a big burden when she look at piano. No more happiness when she played it, though she still love to played it. Not when people looked her as Jisoon’s daughter, not when she had no chance to showed as herself.

 

“Sena, stop it, you have drank four glasses already.” Jongup snatched away the glass from Sena’s grip earning a death glare from the girl. She couldn’t really understand what was Jongup talking about. She titled her head and fell down to Jongup’s chest.

 

Jongup smiled bitterly, he had seen this scene countless time, how his best friend tried to get rid her frustation by alcohol and cigarette. As best friend, it wasn’t like that he like to see her in this state. But there was nothing he could do to helped her. He knew so well, Sena just wanted to run away from her fine life with did bad thing.  Proof everyone that she wasn’t that bad, but she truly bad. But again, she could really showed to people this side of her. Jongup sometimes couldn’t really tell which side Sena truly was. The nice and sweet girl, or the bad one. He lifted her body in bride style and walked out from the night club.

 

---

 

Sena walked out from her class slowly, people started to greeted her in sweet voice. Sure, she was Goo’s maknae, how could people just ignored her? But deep down inside, she really wished that sometimes people just ignored her. It wasn’t like that Sena hated to socialization with other people, she just felt sick with those fake act.

 

“Hey, Sena-ssi” A girl’s voice called her name, turned around and saw a girl running toward her. She smiled at her, but she couldn’t recall she knew that girl.

 

“Yes.” The girl was panting hardly, and then she stretched out her hand gesturing a hand shake. Sena reached out and shook it.

 

“I’m Ji Minah. Nice to meet you. I’m school reporter, may i have an interview with you for school magazine, you're the Head of Music Club, right??”

 

“Sure.” Sena’s lips curled into a small smile, a genuine smile. Though she often showed a fake smile, it didn’t mean she couldn’t do a sincere one.

 

“Let’s do it in a cafe near our dorm.” Minah seemed so cheerful she pulled Sena’s arm dragged her along with her, which caused Sena a bit shocked by her sudden action. She never met this girl before, moreover she never saw his school mate acted like this.

 

They ended up sat together in the cafe, ordered some drink and Minah started asked her many things. About her school life, about music club and....bunch of question about her sister.

 

“So, what do you think about your sister’s violin recital? How far the preparation has done?”

 

Are you kidding me? you should interview my sister instead of me.

 

Sena keep smiling and she abruptly stood up which made the girl flinched in shock. She stared down with her dangerous eyes and bowed slightly. “I’m sorry, looks like i should go back to dorm.”

 

Sena stepped out from the cafe and aimed her heels to the dorm. She cursed inwardly about how bad her reaction to Minah’s question, she had to keep calm down instead of walked out like that. In fact she never treated anyone, beside Jongup, like that. She couldn’t help but felt getting mad when the girl keep asking her about her sister.

 

She really didn’t mind if they wanted to know her, but for God’s sake he hated when people approached her just because she was Yeonhee’s sister, or Jihoon’s sister. Not to mention her brother was quite popular among high scholar girl and. One of most wanted guy in Korea, how he wouldn’t if he was the heir of Goo’s family, the next CEO of Goo Broadcasting Corporation. He had a good relation with various celebrity, his face decorated magazine cover for a couple times, made him well known among young women.

 

Sena walked straight to her room and decided to be a little lazy today. She lied on her bed without bothered to change her clothes and stared at the ceiling, at that time her phone rang and she smile when she read the name on the screen.

 

“Eonni!!!” Sena said excitedly as she heard a familiar voice across the line. “Ehmm... You have a good news for me? What's that?.... Aaak why don't you tell me now eonni? ...Aaaahh, okay. Don’t worry i’ll be going home tomorrow... Yes i can assure you. kekeke.. Oke then I’ll hang up.”

 

---

 

Yeonhee turned her head toward her door as she heard knocking sound. “Eonni, it’s me.”

 

“Come in Sena-ah.”

 

Sena swung the door and took a peek, she walked in and stared at her sister in awe. “Yaaa, uri eonni is so pretty.” She smiled as she saw Yeonhee wore a beautiful peach long dress, the dress warped her body perfectly. Yeonhee molded her brown hair into a little bun.

 

“I see so do you.” Yeonhee replied as she put a small diamond necklace on her neck. Sena giggled at her sister, she wore a knee length brown dress  with low neck revealing her fine collarbone. She let her long brunette hair fell down.

 

“Of course i am, you told me Jung Daehyun is so handsome, who knows if your man have a handsome brother. Haha, eonni tell  me how is that Daehyun guy? Is he a good man? Because if he weren’t i would happily kick his .” Sena sat on the edge of the bed, looked at her sister in curiosity.

 

She couldn’t believe that her parents actually arranged a marriage for Yeonhee with they friend's son. Sena was so surprised when her parents told her about this happy news. But for now on, they wanted to make Daehyun and Yeonhee got to know each other before they officially engaged.  And tonight the two family would have dinner at a Japanese restaurant, hoping they would got to know each other not only between Yeonhee and Daehyun.

 

“Don't said that he's my man. We haven't officially engaged. Of course. he is so kind and mature, i met him twice and we sorta had a fun conversation. He absolutely know how to treat a woman.” Yeonhee replied shyly, she never met a guy like him before. She never knew that arranged marriage could be this great.

 

“Ommo, i can see a girl is falling in love.” Sena and earning a slightly slap in her arm.

 

“Shut up Goo Sena. I’m sure you will like him.” Yeonhee’s cheek reddened as she heard her dongsaeng comment. Sena laughed at her act.

 

“We’ll see eonni.”

 

---

 

I stepped out from the restroom and quickly made my way back to the private room that my family had reserved. The Jung family should had arrived by now, they said they trapped on traffic jam and we had been waiting for them for and hour. Well what would you expect from Seoul’s traffic in this busy hour?

 

I opened the door quitely, tried to not made any noisy sound and saw three more people beside my family added in the room. Jung family was already sat on the chair and having some pleasant conversation with my family. Their back were facing me so i could saw their face.

 

“I’m sorry for making you waiting.” I spoke with a low voice.

 

“Ah Sena-ah, come here.” My father gestured me to approached him, i walked slowly and stood up beside him. I hung my head down, didn’t dare to see Jung family yet. “Here is Jung family, This is Mr. Jung Kyungmin and Mrs. Jung Hyeseon and also their son, Jung Daehyun.”

 

I turned my heels facing them and quickly made a deep bow. I straightened my body as i heard a lady voice welcoming me warmly. As i regained my posture and had my eyes straight on them. I gasped loudly. “YOU?!?!!”

 

I swore that i felt my leg weakened, and i was clearly for my sight that Jung Daehyun’s body stiffened. Why i had to met him? Again? The one i wish i would never seen again.

 

 


I'm sorry if this chapter is so boring, but there are many things will happen in the next chapter. :)