Chapter 1

Sugar! ah Honey, Honey!

 

@butterfly555 hahah yea, I like working on winglin :P thank you for following me here to my new story, thank you for sticking with me, I feel so happy :’) but winglin is recently unresponsive =.= so I have to post here 

@EyesofDeath HOLY YOU’RE HERE! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. NOW I FEEL LIKE I SHOUD POST THE FIRST CHAPTER NOW. I know, I come back from England and I try to go on to winglin but I can’t and I was like ‘WHAT THE ’ and then I COULD go on the site but they lost my password, and I was all panicky. And then CHAOS, but now everything worked out. I’M SO GLAD YOUR SUPPORTING THIS STORY BY FOLLOWING ME HERE. :DD I feel warm and fuzzy. ANYWAYS, how’s life right now? :)

@izzytheart Hello! Here is the first chappie :) Enjoy!

@PopCandii33 HAHAHAH THANK YOU! I tried updating as soon as possible, but here you go! First chapter, enjoy!

@Cuppiecakes22 here you go! Enjoy! :D

@xxeveryheartxx I love Big Bang too X) but then again, SHINEE X) Here’s the first chapter! Enjoy!

@yesimakpopfangirl Thank you! :D here’s the first chapter, ENJOY! :D

@icemochi18 HAHAH HERE IT IS lorhhhh X) ENJOY!

 

I’m getting that nervous feeling again…

First chapter, here goes!

==============================================

-SUGAR’S POV-

I walked across the grass field, on the other side was a red little farm house. 4 boys stumbled out of the entrance of the farmhouse and spotted me, their faces lit up and started running towards me.

“Your back!”  They all yelled.

“Yea, long time no see, since this morning.” I grinned. Jiyong, Daesung, Seungri, and Taeyang were my best friends,…as well as my husband’s best friends. Speaking about my husband…I looked at the entrance of the farm house.

“Where’s he?” I asked the boys.

“Who?” Jiyong asked.

“You mean your hubby?” Taeyang said with a sly grin on his face.

“What’s with that sly-AHHHHH!” A pair of large hands grabbed my shoulder from behind. I whipped around to come face to face with my grinning husband, Seunghyun.

“DON’T DO THAT!” I slapped his arm lightly. So that’s why Taeyang had that grin on his face, Seunghyun had been creeping up behind me the whole time. As I turned around to look at Seunghyun behind me, he suddenly wrapped his arms around me and squished me in a bear hug.

We broke apart and looked at each other in the eye, our faces were inches apart. The boys were hooting behind us. We both closed our eyes and…

“SUGAR, WAKE UP. HELLO?? WAKE UP” Mom’s voice broke through my sleep, and then *whoosh* the warmness of my blanket left me as my mom pulled it off my body.

“MOOOM!” I sat up and glared at her, I hated it when she did that, plus, she disturbed my perfect, perfect, PERFECT dream featuring Big Bang. Ugh. She has no idea how long I have been waiting for a dream like this.

“Oh! Good! Your awake!” My mom clapped happily like a little child “I expect you down soon, I’ve made you food!” She then skipped out of my room, yes, skipped, and disappeared. My mom is those rare moms who are always hyper and weird, but she’s not bi-polar or anything.

I sat there for a moment, trying to remember my dream…but…I couldn’t remember it! Impossible! Ugh, why can’t I remember my perfect dream. When I have that nightmare of the Saw puppet guy chasing me and my family, I can still remember that, why not my Big Bang dream T_T

My stomach rumbled, time for some food. I scratched my bedhair and leapt out of bed, then trooped downstairs for breakfast.

 

~

 

“Mom, why is my breakfast pasta in cream sauce with garlic bread and a bowl of fresh salad?” I asked, staring at my food. My mom may be weird, but she still has some sense to give me proper meals at proper times.

“Dear, that’s because this is your LUNCH!” My mom replied.

I raised my eyebrows at her. Seeing this, she rolled her eyes and shoved a clock in my face. “And you said I was crazy, look at the time, little miss Sugar” She sighed.

12:45. Woah.

“Cassie! Stop playing with your barbies and come to the kitchen for lunch” My mom placed down the clock and yelled.

“Yes umma!”

“Don’t ‘yes, umma’ me when I can clearly hear your not putting your toys down and coming to eat”

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!” I heard Cassie throw her barbies down with a plunk. She came into the kitchen, took one look at my hair and widened her eyes “Woah, jaysus, what happened to your hair, big sis, did the lice have war on your head while you were asleep?”

“lil sis, you see this everyday, c’mon. and I do not have lice in my hair, let alone having a war.” I rolled my eyes. Enter my 8 year old little sister. We call each other ‘lil sis’ and ‘big sis’ instead of honorifics. She usually doesn’t annoy me much and we tend to get along, but one thing about her bothers me everytime I see her.

Her name, Cassie. It’s not a special name but I’m really jealous of how it’s such a normal name. Whilst my name…Sugar…is far from normal, enter my hatred of my name. Ever since a classmate of mine in kindergarten teased me about my name, I’ve come to my senses and realized what a horrible name Sugar is. I mean, what kind of a name is Sugar? I don’t even fit the name, you see, my skin is tan, unlike sugar, which is white…unless you want to call me brown sugar. I look like Kim Yoobin of the Wondergirls…well, that’s what people keep telling me. I can go on and on about why I hate my name so much, I can write an essay, even…too bad my mom or dad just won’t let me change it.

Cassie giggled and started telling my mom how her Barbie is going to start going out with Ken soon. Gosh, kids these days, when I was young, I made my Barbie have catfights with her unicorn, then Ken was the royal horse...all that.

By the time Cassie finished her little story, I was finished with my lunch.

 

~

 

I rummaged through my wardrobe, and chose one of my Big Bang merchandise tees, then picked out a pair of simple shorts, matching all this with white diamond studded flip flops. I picked up my handbag and flew down the stairs.

Shoot! I’m almost late!

“WOAH WOAH WOAH NOT SO FAST, MISSY” My mom yelled as I zipped past the kitchen. Damn, I wasn’t fast enough…She came out of the kitchen, washing gloves still on and dripping with soap. Here we go…

“Before you fly out of the house like a little fairy, tell me exactly where you are going?” My mom pointed a finger at me, causing some bubbles to fly on my nose.

“but Mom, it’s like this everyday, the daily routine…you’ve heard it everyday when you ask me the same question every, single, day.” I enunciated the last three words.

She looked at me with a look that only mothers can manage…even mothers who sometimes don’t act like one.

“But…”

“No buts, just say it like you do everyday, then”

“Ughh…fine. I’m going to hang out with Eunmi while she have her lunch break, then I’m gonna come home before teacher Mong comes.” I recited in a monotone. Teacher Mong is my teacher…yes, in fact, I’m homeschooled, that is why I can only hang out with my friend after lunch, when she have her lunch break, she comes out and we meet. I have no idea why I’m homeschooled, but I never bothered to ask.

“Do you see a problem with you doing the same thing every day?” My mom cocked her head to look at me. I was surprised, this question was new.

“What do you mean?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“What I mean is, you’re 17, almost 18. You can’t keep living your life like this, I think I have been letting you off too easily these days…you don’t have tutor or at least a goal in life, Sugar…” My mom pursed her lips, looking deep in thought, “OH! I KNOW JUST THE THING!” She perked up again with a bright smile and I jumped in surprise at the sudden change of moods, “I’m going to find something for you to do!”

“Wha-wha-what??” I cried as my mom pushed me with her wet gloves to the door.

“Nothing, honey, now go have fun with Eunmi, don’t be late to come back for teacher Mong! KTHXBYE!~” My mom opened the door, pushed me out and slammed the door in my face just like that. I stood there standing, looking blankly at the door to my own home.

What the heck just happened? And what did my mom say?

I thought hard. Ah well, I shrugged and checked my watch. 1:03. WHAT?? EUNMI’S LUNCH BREAK IS ALMOST OVER, I’D BETTER RUN!

And off I went.

 

~

 

“Sugar! Where were you! I only have 20 more minutes until lunch break is over…UGH, c’mon” Eunmi dragged an exhausted, worn out me into our usual hang out place, this café called the “Golden Apple”. They have the best milkshakes, ever.

We plopped down into a booth and Eunmi reached her hand across the table grabbed my head to keep it from lolling to the side. I was that tired.

“Sugar!” Eunmi slapped my cheek lightly. I held up a hand and she stopped slapping. I took a deep breath…nice, sweet, oxygen,…and blew out loudly. Whew!

I hadn’t realized I’d ‘Whew’ed a bit too loudly until I lifted my head and saw that everyone in the restaurant, including Eunmi, had fallen silent, staring at me, it was like time had stopped. I smiled slightly, feeling my face turn a deep shade of red. Luckily, Eunmi came to my rescue, “ahahaha…” she laughed awkwardly, breaking the silence ,”sorry, my friend here just got the news her mom just survived a highly dangerous surgery operation...let’s congratulate her!”

She started clapping by herself, and one by one the other customers started clapping along with her, I heard shouts of ‘congratulations’ and I pretended to be touched. After the cheering died down, everyone resumed their own conversations.

“Tha-“ I started to thank Eunmi but she cut me off.

“Listen” She suddenly said, squinting and pointing to the ceiling. I listened hard.

“Oh my gosh! I LOVE THIS SONG!” She clapped her hands excitedly. “…Her whisper is the Lucifer!” Eunmi sang along.

“Who’s the artist?” I asked.

“Sh-“

“Wait, it’s not Big Bang is it?” I cut her off when hearing the first letters, “Then lalala, I can’t hear you” I covered my ears and saw her roll her eyes. I unplugged my ears and the sound of the noisy café filled my ears again.

“You and your obsession with Big Bang” She reached over and bonked my head with her phone.

“And proud of it” I grinned.

“But the stupid thing is that you refuse to or actually know any other groups” Eunmi continued.

“Oh I do know the names of groups, I just don’t want to know them”

“Name one, then” she challenged.

“err…boys generation…the one with 13 members” I smiled proudly. Eunmi raised her eyebrows and face-palmed.

“Oh my gosh, your so hopeless”

“HEY, girls, wanna take your order now?” One of the waiters who knew us well since we came here nearly everyday appeared next to our table.

“Hi Thunder” (A/N: yea, I used MBLAQ’s Chundoongie as the waiter X) he’s not famous here either) Eunmi and I grinned up at him in unison. He grinned back at us.

“So the usual?”

“Usual” We chorused back.

“Alrighty then” Thunder boogied away, making us burst out in laughter. As soon as he disappeared into the kitchen, Eunmi and I leaned in to each other.

“He’s soo cute” We both said at the same time.

“No, Sugar, He’s mine, you have T.O.P, Thunder is mine” Eunmi grinned evilly.

“Hahah, yea, sure.” I replied, “Ya wanna know something?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Sure…” Eunmi picked up a sugar cube from the sugar tin on the side of the table, then bit into it, “Look Sugar! I’m eating you!”

“Shut up about my name…do you want to know or not?” I whacked the sugar cube out of her hand, making it fly into the aisle next to our table.

“Yeayea…” Eunmi stuck her tongue out at me.

“My mom said I need to change my habit of doing the same thing everyday…she said she’s gonna find something for me to do. What do you think?”

Eunmi had this huge grin pasted on her face.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“I think it means…YOU CAN FINALLY QUIT STUPID HOMESCHOOLING AND COME TO SCHOOL WITH ME!” She cried and threw her hands in the air, “Hallelujah!”

“You think so? You really really really think so?” I asked, enlightened by this idea that my mom might send me to a real school for once. Studying alone, even with fun teacher Mong, is getting boring…I hope this is the change my mom was talking about!

“YES! Let’s hope for the best” Eunmi stared up in to space with a blissful smile on her face.

“Order is he-*crush* OMO! What did I step on…aish…I stepped on a sugar cube!” Thunder pouted, checking his shoe while balanced on one foot, a hand holding up our orders wobbily. Whoops…Eunmi and I looked at each other, then burst into peals of laughter.

 

~

 

-AUTHOR’S POV-

Sugar bounced along to the rhythm of ‘Hands Up’ by Big Bang as she walked back home, it was so catchy! She whistled the chorus as she unlocked the door and entered her home. The house was surprisingly quiet.

“Umma?” She called. “Cassie?”

Suddenly, a paper plane flew from the living room and landed at her foot. What the hell? thought Sugar. She picked it up and walked to the living room, finding her mom hiding under a pile of cushions.

“Mom, What. Are. You. Doing.” Sugar stared down at her mom on the floor. Her mom took the cushions off her body.

“My plan didn’t go as planned, you were supposed to read the paper airplane, then come find me. Ugh.”

“There’s something on the paper?”

“Yes, honey, read it”

Sugar unfolded the paper airplane, “Camp Firefly, the ultimate boarding camp…” She read aloud “…wait…WHAT THE-“

 

~

 

“-HECK?” All of SHINee exclaimed together.

“You’re sending us to a…camp?” Jonghyun asked in disbelief. Onew, even as the leader, didn’t know what to think, it was all too sudden.

“No, I didn’t, Mr. SM did, I have no choice but follow his orders” Their manager replied, arms crossed, as the boys passed around the printed Camp Firefly advertisement.

“We signed you all up already, just think of it as a vacation”

“Yea, a vacation, ONE YEAR AND A HALF of a vacation…” Key threw back his head to moan loudly.

“…hey, it doesn’t look so bad, we might even meet some girls there” Taemin smiled, trying to look on the bright side. Minho smacked the back of his head.

“There’s no way of escaping it, just enjoy the experience” Their manager said, taking the paper out of Jonghyun’s hands and went to tape it up on the wall of their living room.

“Are YOU coming?” Minho asked.

“Sadly, no. But on the bright side, you get to be independent for once! Manager free!” He replied.

Everyone looked doubtful.

“I’ll be off now, oh, and by the way, you boys better start packing. Camp starts next week” Their manager said and left the dorm with that.

After a moment of silence, everyone turned their head to look at Onew.

"What should we do?" Taemin asked.

"We should keep positive, enjoy our freedom...we got each other's backs right?" He said.

The boys nodded.

"Alright...so...let's do this." Onew punched the air with a fist. SIlence follows.

"Okay, to say the truth, that was a bit lame" Minho chuckled.

"Yea...I agree too...er...should we start packing?"

 

~

 

-SUGAR'S POV-

"MOOOOOOM YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME"  I wailed.

"Sugar, I signed you up already, plus, this is great experience! It's  only a year and a half..."

"A year and a half? Ughhh...Out of all camps there is in Korea, why choose one, that lasts that long" I moaned.

"It looks like good fun! And isn't it unique?" My mom got up and took the paper, i followed her out of the room and into the kitchen, where she attached it to the fridge with a magnet.

I just stood there looking at  her.

"What about teacher Mong? And oh my gosh, my poor friend Eunmi!" I groaned.

"I'll sort out teacher Mong,  you'll have to tell Eunmi." My mom stood up to leave the kitchen.

"Oh! It starts next week, better start packing!" She said, and with that, she skipped out of the room.

======================================================================

ALRIGHT! FIRST CHAPTER. DOOONNNNEE *PELVIC * OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

but i admit, i could've typed it faster, but pure laziness took over me. but...i hope you liked it! :D It's boring too, but yeah, the first few chapters are usually borinngggg...soz. :P I wrote it loonngg though...you like? :) UGH, on the other hand, i can't update on Winglin cuz it's DOWN AGAIN, so i have to update here first. But wow, i gained 13 subbers for a FOREWORD, on 'gimme five', i had 6...for 40 CHAPTERS. NAIISSSS. anyways, i promise my next update will be sooner than i did for this chapter...in the meantime,

 

COMMENT PREASE ♥ :)