Prólogo (Prologue)

Foreign Exchange

The Prologue is short, I know, but it's just the start.

Words to know: 

Yayo- Grandpa, Yaya- Grandma, Tata- sister, Tete- Brother, Chao- Goodbye

 
 
The room was bright, but somehow the mood dimmed everything around me.
I looked at my family, all of them silent and solemn as they didn't know how else to confront the situation.
I looked at my parents for support and after a moment of silent comfort I gathered all my strength and smiled.
It was time.
"You are going to come and visit my home in Korea Noa!" I crouched down.
"Yay!" she exclaimed, but then she looked at our grandparents cautiously. "But what about mama and papa? And what about tete?" 
I looked straight into my 3 year old cousin's eyes.
"They can't come for now... Maybe later, ok?" Was all I could tell her without lying.
"Ok." The smile returned to her face.
I returned a hard smile and got up, getting ready to go.
I looked at my grandparents, who were forcing themselves not to cry. 
I had to be strong, for everyone's sake.
Noa grabbed her little book bag and looked at my grandmama.
"It's pretty yaya! Thank you!" She giggled happily.
"My pretty girl deserves pretty things." She said, as she smiled and a tear ran down her cheek at the same time.
I walked to all of my family and hugged them close.
"I'll take care of her until you come for her, I promise." I told them.
"We love you Anna, so please take care of yourself as well." My mother said, looking at me through her tired eyes.
"Please call us if you need anything, no matter what it is." My grandmother said as she came and hugged me again.
I nodded and grabbed the suitcase from the floor.
"Chao yaya, Chao yayo!" Noa jumped in their arms. "Don't cry, I will come back soon, right tete?" she stated as if somehow part of her knew what was going on.
"Yes tata." Her brother said fighting sobs.
At the age of ten, Alex, Noa's older brother, was old enough to understand the situation, but he couldn't handle it well.
They hugged her for a small eternity, which probably was too short for them, and they finally released her, passing her to me.
"Have a safe trip" they waved from the door and smiled.
"Bye" I mimicked their actions. "Say bye bye Noa"
"Bye bye" she waved.
They closed the door as we walked away.
From a distance I heard my grandmother's cries and my mother's consoling words.
I couldn't hold it anymore.
I silently cried as I carried us back to Seoul, only heaven knowing for how long.
 
Hopefully you don't hate it already... Comment any thoughts, ok?