CHAPTER 3

The Heart Wishes What The Head Dreams

3

Jiyeon

            After taking a second look at Nana this morning, I kind of figured maybe I was wrong; this girl was actually kind of pretty. But right now I was in vocals class sitting with IU; impatiently waiting for Seohyun and the girls to arrive with Nana to make her introduction – seeing as how it was her rebirth as one of us as a YG Goddess.

            “Jiyeonah” Miss Fei-Fei called my name.

            “Ye Seongsaengnim?” I answered.

            “Where are the other girls?”

            “Oh they’ll be here I swear” She rolled her eyes back to marking the roll.

            “One does not simply have time for diva behaviour Miss Park Jiyeon”

            “Ye Seonsaengnim. Mianhapnida” I bowed quickly then swiftly fixed my hair. The reason why Seohyun and the girls were late was because they weren’t quite done doing the finishing touches on Nana’s makeup. ‘You can’t rush fine art’ Suzy said as I recalled ‘Just go to class with IU and tell Miss Fei-Fei we’ll be coming in late’.

            “Ya” Yong-Hwa turned around from his seat and whispered to me “Where are they really?”

            “Oh. You’ll see” I grinned as I waited for Seohyun and the girls’ arrival. Finally I heard the doors open from behind me – it was Seohyun, Suzy and Yoona, as well as that familiar person hiding behind the three.

            “Ladies and gentlemen!” Yoona announced in English “We are pleased to have accepted a new student into YG as a Goddess” Everyone in the classroom murmured amongst themselves wondering who it had been; who the lucky girl was to have been transformed into one of us.

            “No way! A 6th Goddess?” One girl babbled.

            “The more the merrier!”

            “Omo! It’s Jan Di isn’t it?!”

            Finally, Seohyun, Suzy and Yoona spread apart from the doorway and presented the class with Nana – the 6th YG Goddess. Everyone in the room expressed such amazed looks which radiated a sense of surprise bouncing off the walls.

            “Omo! Isn’t that the new girl?” Our class had once again muttered to one another.

            “Yeah the ugly one right?”

            “Ugly?” One of the guys scoffed “Not anymore she isn’t”

            “Im Jin-Ah is her name isn’t it?”

            “No it’s Nana you dorks! Weren’t you listening?!”

            I could totally see her blushing beneath her foundation, but she composed herself quite well – she looked like a YG Goddess, and so far she acted like one too.

            “So,” Miss Fei-Fei attempted to restore authority over our class as she spoke “our headmaster claims you have quite the vocal talent from what he tells our staff”

            “Ye Seonsaengnim” She bowed politely, and calmly this time.

            “Would you mind if you gave us a little listen of what your voice sounds like? Please?” Miss Fei-Fei was curious to know, as was the rest of the class including myself.

            She stood still but took a deep breath in; her voice gave off a strong start that startled us all – in a good way of course. We never expected this; the power she put in her voice as she sang could be compared to that of the one and only American pop singer Christina Aguilera. Her singing emanated a sense of supremacy over ours – even Seohyun was surprised by this. Who would’ve thought such a great, wonderful voice could come from such a formerly-shy girl that once had rather a mousy and squeaky speech?

            Even Miss Fei-Fei beamed as we were listening – as a vocal teacher, she would probably be seeing Nana as some sort of prodigy in the making. As much as I’d hate to admit it, but this girl was good, all we needed to do now was work on her dancing!

 

 

Seung-Ri

            Damn new girl was looking hot! I swear if I didn’t bed her soon, I’d kill myself right here, right now. Screw Dan-Bi, Taemin can have her!

            We were in Miss Kahi’s dance class once again and the way that Nana girl looked in a y black leotard was just killing me! Thank the Goddesses for fixing her up otherwise I wouldn’t be as excited as I was now. But at the moment she was surrounded by a bunch of guys just waiting to get a piece of her; that was my cue to step in and sweep her off her feet.

            I put on one of my charming smiles as I approached her but the guys surrounding Nana weren’t making anything easier; I literally had to push and shove them out of my way to get to her, and finally I had Miss y standing in front of me with curious eyes.

            “Hey, Nana” I smiled at her.

            “Umm ... hey”

            “So listen, I was thinking; maybe we could go down to the coffee shop at lunch to have … well to have coffee of course” I laughed nervously. What the hell? I thought to myself, wondering where my misplaced magnetism had fled to. But, who cares, I’m Seung-Ri and I’m going to bed this girl by tonight and-

            “No thank you”

            Awkward.

            All the boys stared at me – looking at my first-ever disastrous rejection.

            “Wait, what?”

            “I said … ‘No thank you’” My mouth dropped. Who the hell does this girl think she is?! I shouted angrily in my head. So this was what rejection felt like – it felt harsh. Cruel. Painful. Heart aching. I kept trying to come up with words to describe this feeling but in the end, it just seemed so indescribable that no word could simply define such an emotion.

            “Seung-Riya!” Dan-Bi called my name “Seung-Ri! I talked to Miss Kahi, she says we can switch partners” She then turned to Nana giving her a smug look “You’ can go back to Taemin now” Nana raised an eyebrow then left, taking with her a pack of guys wishing to cater to Nana. “Oppa? Shall we work on our dance routine now?”

 

 

Taecyeon

            I could lie beside Suzy all day just looking at her. We were on my bed; not doing anything, not saying anything, and it was actually kind of nice, it was real peaceful. With Yoona, it was nothing but non-stop talk whenever I invited her to cuddle with me in my room.

            Suzy moved in closer and laid her head on my chest as I placed my arm around her; we were definitely the perfect couple. I could see clearly now that we should definitely come open to Yoona about us. And by doing that, we would have absolutely no regrets; the way I currently feel about Suzy is the way I want to feel forever in a future with her in it. But bottling it up inside was killing me from the inside-out.

            “I don’t think we should’ve skipped Miss Kahi’s dance class this afternoon” She worried.

            “Jinjja? I don’t know, I feel like it was kind of worth it” I smiled at her, she smiled back and gave me a loveable peck on the cheek.

            “But you’re Yoona’s dance partner, I’m pretty sure she’s going to be wondering where you’ve been”

            “Look, I’ll tell her about us when she gets back afterschool”

            “You will?” I nodded “Then I’ll be there with you to tell her” We grinned at each other.

            She moved herself up from my chest to where our faces would meet. We pressed each other’s foreheads together then leaned in closer enough for us to kiss. But just as we were about to do so she whispered ‘Saranghae’, and I forcibly locked my lips together with hers. My right hand caressed her body, making its way from her waist, to her underarm, to her soft cheek. As much as I was so into making out with her right now, I pulled away for a bit.

            “What is it? What’s wrong” She asked.

            “Nothing” I replied, but she was still confused. I brushed her hair over her ear then whispered back to her “I … love you too” She smiled and we continued to resume our love making. At this point I started to maintain an animalistic urge to rip her clothes off; starting from removing her blouse, then almost undoing her bra.

            That was until I looked behind her where I had spotted two people with shocked expressions in between the doorframes. It was Yoona and Daesung.

            Suzy looked back and gasped; grabbing the bed sheets and covering her upper body.

            “Yoona” I tried calming her down “This … this isn’t what it looks like, it’s … it’s just-”

            “Taecyeon!” Miss Kahi’s voice projected from the dorm’s corridors “Why were you not in my dance class tod-” Miss Kahi stood there as well, joining the party in surprise “Oh. Well … you and Bae Su-Ji, umm … both of you … A week and a half’s detention! For truancy!”

            “No offence Miss Kahi,” Yoona spoke heatedly but silently “but I don’t think that punishment is enough to atone for what they have done” She turned away without another word being said.

            I was about to chase after her until I was halted by an angered Daesung.

            “Ya” He spoke with a furious expression “Don’t you think you’ve done enough?” I didn’t have time for this; so I shoved him out of my way in order to catch up to Yoona.

            As I approached closer grabbing a hold of her arm, she pulled away quickly then turned to give me the biggest slap across my face. And to be honest it hurt so much it grew red.

            “Look” I made an attempt to explain myself, even though there was no need for an explanation “Suzy and I were going to tell you-”

            “But you didn’t!” A thundered Yoona exploded “How long?!”

            “Wha-”

            “HOW LONG HAS YOUR AFFAIR WITH SUZY BEEN GOING ON FOR?!” She roared loudly. More and more YG students who resided in the Sun-Hee dormitory were just returning from school. This argument was creating a scene and it attracted many of their attention.

            “Since the French trip” I answered her inferiorly “We’ve been seeing each since our school trip to France” She scoffed quietly.

            “You know … I thought you were the one” She tried speaking, but her voice was breaking down just as tears were breaking out “And you …” Yoona looked over at Suzy who had just entered the corridors “… don’t you ever talk to me again” We were both ashamed; but for me I wasn’t sure if I was more embarrassed of my once-hidden love for Suzy, or if it was because we didn’t come out in the open to Yoona earlier. Either way I felt truly ashamed, as I should be. “You two …” Yoona spoke once again “… You two are really something” She turned around and walked back to her room in the opposite wing.