CHAPTER 2

The Heart Wishes What The Head Dreams

2

Jin-Ah

            The walk to the dorms were so tiring! If only I were to drop dead, then die again. My first day was terrible! Everyone was talking about me and I know it!

            I almost let a tear escape but I knew I was better than this. I’m attending YG and this is my last year in school as a senior, I thought to myself so I’m going to try and make this last. I’ll be damned if I let a few pretty faces destroy my self-esteem!

            I had reached the Sun-Hee dormitories and it was a fair walk from the YG’s main school campus. But this was it; this was where a seventh of the students who attended YG managed to stay – apparently the left wing housed the girls whereas the right resided the boys. I climbed the stairs up to the second floor and searched for my room number along the hallway – Number 22; the room that lived two other girls who would soon become my roommates-to-be named Seo Joo-Hyun and Lee Ji-Eun. But as I opened the door to my new room there were an extra 4 girls – some of them I remember from dance class but otherwise I was just getting to familiarise myself with them.

            “Im Jin-Ah eonni!” One of the six exclaimed with fiery spirit “I hope you made your way safely to our dorms!” I was so confused, I swear a few of these girls talked and giggled behind my back today in and out of class.

            “What is this?” I asked confusingly, until they all formed a perfect line facing their left, right knee bent, left hand raised in a showgirl pose and their right hands on their hip; all of them executing the most saintly smiles. One by one they introduced themselves.

            “Lee Ji-Eun! But you can call me IU”

            “Seo Joo-Hyun! But I prefer to be called Seohyun”

            “Im Yoona! Just Yoona”

            “Bae Su-Ji! Call me Suzy darling”

            “Park Jiyeon” Little did Jiyeon express herself towards me.

            Omo. I thought to myself. These girls cannot possibly be YG’s Goddesses I keep hearing about.

            “We’re known as the YG Goddesses around here”

            Crap. They were.

 

 

Kahi

            When the kids are gone and the dance studio is normally left empty afterschool, that’s my cue to occupy it and take the time to practise my dancing whether it’s choreography, contemporary, ballet or even hip-hop (probably not my strongest area of dancing mind you). But today I was just going to work on contemporary.

            I danced freely in front of the mirror making twirls, splits, similar ballet movements, and then at one point I kept on spinning and spinning and spinning until I felt my waist being pulled close towards a familiar rock-hard body, ceasing my whirl.

            “Still practising late after hours?” Nichkhun leaned forward and gave me one of his charming smiles. Until I pulled away.

            “What are you doing here so late?” I turned away to grab a towel, dabbing the sweat off my skin then taking a sip from my drink bottle.

            “I love coming to spy on you when you’re dancing alone; it makes me happy”

            “Jinjja?” He nodded and I smiled back “Victoria came up to me today after dance class”

            “Oh?”

            “She says you two haven’t practised at all” He looked down to his shoes and nodded, hands in his pockets “She says you ditched her and went off to the music room”

            “Kahi Noona’s my only girl” He claimed “And by that I mean you’re the only dance partner for me”

            “Nichkhunah” I tried to stop him from delving deeper into talking about his wild feelings “You’re a sweet boy, and young too. But I’m 7 years older than you and you deserve to be with someone your age. You have to stop fantasising about us

            “But you’re all I think of all day!” He argued for my heart “When we were younger, and you used to look after me …”

            “I used to babysit you”

            “Ya! I was 12 noona! Babysitting is such a strong word and it’s only used for babies and toddlers!”

            “Arasseo! Anyhow, your point was?”

            “When I first met you …” He approached closer “… when my eyes first laid on you …” Nichkhun came closer “… I knew you were all I wanted” I was backing myself rearward to the mirror “I loved it when you practised in the living room, and I remember because at that time you were studying dance at university …” Step by step I moved backwards as he came in closer “… I loved everything about you and I still do …” And then I came into a sudden stop with the mirror being my dead-end. Nichkhun raised both arms against it blocking my only exits; all that was in front of me were his alluring, dark brown eyes, along with his tempting, moist lips leaning in closer towards mine. Was this it? Was I really going to let Nichkhun kiss me? I’m not sure if I even wanted to; so I shut my eyes quickly and hoped he had gotten it over and done with. Yet he stopped; the tips of our noses almost touching “… But I’m not going to force noona into doing something she might not want to do” I opened my eyes slowly and he moved back just a little “I will win your heart someday noona; maybe not today, but someday”

 

Yoona

            “No I want to do her hair!” IU yelled.

            “Let go IU! Before she’s forced to wear nothing but weaves on her head” Seohyun bellowed.

            “Ya! My hair’s hurting! You two are pulling it too much!” Jin-Ah cried.

            “Ya!” I put an end to this nonsense and the girls calmed down with their attention turning my way “IU, let Seohyun do Jin-Ah’s hair” Seohyun grinned happily at the fact that she once again got her way “You are on exfoliation and moisturiser duty; we have to do something to eliminate those blackheads anyways” Jin-Ah raised an eyebrow and quickly covered her nose and other areas of her face preserving blackheads “Jiyeon, you’re on clothes. And when I say that, I mean share something directly from your wardrobe”

            “Nuh-uh” Jiyeon objected calmly “Just … Nuh-uh sister. You think I’m going to give away some of my clothes to some ugly motherf-”

            “Jiyeonah!” Miss Kahi stood at the door; we could tell she had been practising at the dance studio late at night again “Were you seriously going to use that word directly to our new girl?” Jiyeon shrugged carelessly arms folded and looked away. Miss Kahi was not only our dance teacher, but also the Sun-Hee dormitory’s house mother; so she practically managed our dorms taking care of both the boys and girls that resided here “Play nice girls” She looked mainly towards Jiyeon as she left the room.

            “Jiyeon you’re the most shopaholic out of all of us” Seohyun claimed “Literally half of those clothes you keep in your closet haven’t even been used”

            “So?”

            “So, we’re going to compensate Jin-Ah for having such drab taste” Seohyun looked disgusted as she held up one of Jin-Ah’s hideous tops in the air, then shivered as she dropped it to the ground.

            “Fine. What are Suzy and Yoona going to do?”

            “Cosmetics. Duh?” I dumbfounded her “By the way, your name – it doesn’t exactly have a ring to it. Here listen, Im Jin-Ah

            “I agree” said Suzy “We’ll dub you with a new name like we did with Seohyun, Suzy and IU”

            “Jin-Jin!” a fail attempt made by IU as we tried coming up with names. Pretty soon after her attempts had gotten pretty lame at giving Jin-Ah a new name in order to officially include her as one of the YG Goddesses, we excluded her from the naming.

            “How about Nana?” I suggested to the girls.

            “That’s not bad”

            “Yeah I like that”

            “Jinjja?” Jin-Ah pondered “Nana?”

 

 

Daesung

            Usually just before the boys go sleep, we meet up in my room to hang out a little. When I first attended YG I was allocated into a room with Nichkhun and Taecyeon, and I guess from that moment on we became best buds followed by Yong-Hwa, JB, and Seung-Ri.

            I don’t know how but I guess it was by the hands of fate that we just coincidentally happened to be the cutest flower boys in YG, and so we decided to name ourselves Flower 6 – F6.

            I know. It sounds like something you would normally press on a keyboard, but still, I think it has a ring to it.

            Every day we enter those school doors we’re instantly crowded by a swarm of girls, but they know best to leave a pathway for us to walk through. I guess it’s cool and all being hovered over by a bunch of hot girls (need I mention a few of them have already started modelling careers), but I have my eyes set on one girl and one girl only. Im Yoona.

            Every time we’re in dance class I always try to sneak a peek at her body whenever she bends, twirls, or jumps to a certain beat in the music. And besides, she looks real y whenever she dances – I can never take my eyes off her movements; her clothes are perfect in revealing her skin and the way she flaunts her body just makes me want her even more.

            But don’t get me wrong, it’s not just her appeal that has gotten me attracted to her; it’s her smile too and her eyes that bring out her best qualities, which is why I always try to make her laugh every time I see her. Also there’s that sparkle that so obviously glistens when she’s joyful.

            There are so many times I’ve wanted to tell her I could be your man. But then Taecyeon is always there as you would expect in the picture. He’s like my older brother: he’s my hyung, and it’s because of that I could never betray his trust and steal her away.

            “Ya! Daesungie!” JB called my name, I looked up and the boys were staring at me.

            “Ige boyo?” I had gotten lost in my own thoughts.

            “I said, ‘what do you think of the new girl? – Jin-Ah’” Yong-Hwa repeated himself.

            “Oh. She seems sweet”

            “Damn right she’s sweet. Did you see her trying to offer some of her homemade bulgogi to Seung-Ri?” Taecyeon teased.

            “Ya! I hate this girl! She’s the reason Dan-Bi is now Taemin’s dance partner! I try and teach her few simple moves that I had to choreograph all by myself, but instead she’s acting as though she’s just walked out of a car accident! Un-freaking-believable!” Seung-Ri roared “I swear to god. Tomorrow I’m walking straight up to Miss Kahi and demand that Taemin and I switch partners! Seriously, I can’t handle looking at ugly people”