CHAPTER 1

The Heart Wishes What The Head Dreams

1

Yoona

            Senior Year! At YG High! There’s nothing better than spending it with Taecyeon Oppa, Suzy and Daesungie! Oh, and the rest of F6 and the Goddesses.

F6 (as in Flower 6) were pretty much the top dogs here at YG High; and they were only the cutest of the cutest of guys.

Firstly there was Jung Yong-Hwa – alpha leader of the pack with a killer smile. Secondly there was Ok Taecyeon – my oppa; we’ve been dating for 15 months now and I guess we’re getting pretty serious. Then there was Nichkhun Horvejkul – this guy is so hot everyone falls down to the ground at the sight of him. However he never looks at any of the girls swooning over his charms, let alone even date one of them (talk about playing hard-to-get).

Next was Kang Daesung – he was sweet and funny and can make anyone laugh, I’m so glad to have him as a best friend. Then there was Lee Seung-Hyun, best known as Seung-Ri – the ‘player’ of F6; as long as you were pretty and a beautiful girl with a nice hourglass figure would you automatically be considered ‘dateable’ to his standards.

The final F6 member was JB – the iest and best dancer in YG; heck, even in the whole of SM Town. Rumour has it he has been offered to debut with some huge label in Seoul.

Speaking of huge, I myself am in a somewhat popular crowd called the YG Goddesses including myself, Suzy – my best friend and eonni, Seohyun – whom we have given her the nicknames of Miss Goody-Two-Shoes, Teacher’s Pet and OCDiva, IU – our very own cutie pie, and Jiyeon – supposedly a lifetime nemesis to JB; I don’t know why but they just are.

I don’t mean to sound like a total bragger but we are pretty much the baddest females in YG, just saying. But right now we had dance class taught by one flawless diva Miss Kahi herself. I seriously don’t get how a hot woman like her is not dating anyone at the moment! She’s young, beautiful, she can dance, and currently single, and she’s teaching in one of the most prestigious performing art schools in all of Korea!

“Okay everyone” She called the class’ attention “As you know at the end of this semester, YG will be putting together a grand showcase in which we only present the best” She emphasised those last two words “However, I’m not going to see this as just some sort of extravagant opportunity wherein you flaunt your dance moves to the audience. Because this semester, your ultimate performances will be assessed by me” Everyone murmured anxiously at the fact that our showcase performances were practically assignments “How much effort you put into your practices is entirely up to you, but come the day of the showcase, you will be marked. Now, I want everyone in pairs” As soon as she said that, most of the girls went running to JB begging to be their dance partner, though he kept flinching away from their hands as they crowded up his space.

“Ya! He’s mine!” One girl called out.

“Back off Hyorin! Leave him alone!” The other shouted.

“Bora you were his partner last week! Go Away!”

“Jan Di you always step on his toes you coconut head!”

I sat down with Taecyeon laying my head on his shoulder; we knew instantly that we were going to be partners for today’s class, and watched while the rest of the girls fought over JB. Most of the guys at this point would have already approached the Goddesses the same way the girls did with JB, except the only difference was they were able to pick out their partners without hesitation. Poor JB – still trying to avoid the swarm of hands touching every part of his body.

“Stop!” Miss Kahi yelled in English “Jiyeon, partner up with JB” The girls sighed dejectedly and moved away to partner up with the other boys. Jiyeon on the other hand had furrowed eyebrows knowing she really hated this; the idea of being partnered up with JB. JB felt the same way; both of them standing with silent but angered expressions, folding their arms not looking at each other.

Once everyone was partnered up, Miss Kahi announced “Alright, look at and remember your partner, because that is who you guys will be performing with for the big showcase”

“What?!” JB and Jiyeon shouted in a synchronised manner, while the rest of the girls sighed miserably.

“But seonsaengnim!” Jiyeon protested “I can barely handle him being my partner just for today’s class, but to practise alongside him every day?!”

“Please seonsaengnim! We can’t! We just can’t!” JB also objected.

“You two are performing in the showcase as a pair, and that’s my final decision”

Taecyeon and I just giggled at them silently trying to hold in our laughter, along with Daesung and Suzy.

 

 

Jin-Ah

            Jinjja dolgaessne! First day of school and I’m freaking my guts out! Calm down Jin-Ah you can do this. I thought to myself. I was already given my timetable and was on my way to Miss Kahi’s dance class with YG’s headmaster as my .

            “I think you will fit right in Jin-Ah” He smiled at me “With your voice, you could potentially be one of YG’s best performers, if you put your mind to it” I forced a smile back to him; sure my singing gave me a chance to attend one of the best performing art schools in Korea, but my looks were absolutely nothing compared to what other girls appeared to be. As I entered the school half an hour ago I noticed they were all model-thin, and I mean all of them; they all had beautiful faces, nice eyes, cute lips, silky hair, and then I look at myself and wonder what the hell am I doing here? My glasses are huge and everyone’s going to make fun of me.

            And yet here we are; about to enter Miss Kahi’s dance class. The headmaster opened the door and immediately introduced me to everyone there.

            “Kahi-ssi” He grabbed her attention.

            “Seongsaengnim. Annyeonghaseyo” She bowed politely, followed by the rest of her class.

            “This is Im Jin-Ah”

            “Annyeonghaseyo. Jal butakdeurimnida ” I bowed quickly and formally to everyone at a 90 degree angle. I overheard giggling amongst the girls; god I sound like such a dork, and I look like one too.

            “Dan-Bi” Miss Kahi called one of the girls.

            “Ye Seongsaengnim?” She answered.

            “Pair yourself up with Taemin”

            “But Seongsaengnim! Dan-Bi’s my partner!”

            “Well now your partner shall be Jin-Ah” Miss Kahi gave that cute boy a frightening look staring him down. I approached him and introduced myself formally to him once again, but he just ignored me. Talk about fatal rejection from a cute flower boy.

 

 

Suzy

            During lunchtime normally after dance class, F6 and the Goddesses would usually head down to the coffee shop near the campus to chill out and relax. As I entered, I noticed Taecyeon sitting down at one of the tables alone, and he came early just like I told him.

            “Tacyeonah” I called as I approached him, then sat down and placed the handle of my handbag on the chair’s back.

            “Suzy, I don’t know how long I can keep this up” He said miserably.

            “Me neither, I feel we should tell Yoona about … us” I emphasised that word. He grabbed my hands and laid them in his palms; it with his thumb. I never planned on having an affair with Taecyeon behind Yoona’s back, it just happened. It all started that one night during our school trip to France and I guess anything really can happen in the city of love. But with me being her best friend and Taecyeon being her boyfriend, it’s been really hard on us, and I feel as though it’s going to hurt me more than it’ll hurt her when we tell her together.

            Suddenly we heard F6’s and the Goddess’ chatter as they entered the coffee shop and we quickly let go of each other’s hands.

            “Oppa?” Yoona wondered about Taecyeon as she stood at the end of the table “I didn’t know you came here early with Suzy”

            “Oh we didn’t” I claimed “He got here earlier and I arrived just then” Yoona smiled and quickly rushed over to pull a seat next to Taecyeon, clinging onto his right arm and pecking his cheek. .Omo. I thought. No wonder why he cheated on her; although we’re best friends, she’s very childish and she treats their love more like puppy love rather than behaving more maturely about it. Also she’s real clingy around him too, which is why it’s going to be a lot harder when we tell her.

            “Ugh” Seohyun was disgusted by the state of the tables; it wasn’t too messy or anything like that for the rest of us to sit down, but in her eyes it was a dirty, filthy hell “How could you people live like this?” She exclaimed in English.

            “Come on Seohyun it’s just a few crumbs” Yong-Hwa tried to make her sit down with the rest of us, instead she scoffed.

            “No, you see crumbs, I see little, deadly, incurable bacteria all running around this grimy table!” She quickly pulled out her lavender-scent spray bottle from her handbag and sprayed it all over her area of the table. She tried getting that cleansing smell into her system and gave somewhat of an expression of relief as she sat down.

            “Oh. My. God” Jiyeon gave a loathing look to the new girl in the gigantic glasses over on the opposite table, and everyone turned their heads towards her as she was waiting for her coffee patiently.

            “Ugh! Don’t get me started” Seung-Ri – the aesthetics-obsessed flower boy was revolted even just by thinking about her.

            “Ya Seung-Ri, isn’t that new girl your new partner? What’s her name again?” Daesung asked.

            “Jin-Ah wasn’t it?” Yoona wondered about her just as curiously as everyone else.

            “She’s so ugly! Dan-Biah!” Seung-Ri cried out for Dan-Bi.

            “I don’t know” I protested “I reckon she’s kind of cute beneath those glasses”

            “Yeah me too” IU agreed “Also if we perhaps dyed her hair auburn red? Blonde?”

            “Ladies” Seohyun gathered the attention of the Goddesses “I see a project that needs fixing”

            “Seriously Seohyun?” I was so curious as to why she would want to help out an ugly person “You’re a clean freak and absolutely despise the ugly”

            “Well what can I say? Anything to help make this world a beautiful place” She smiled conceitedly.