Memories.

Crazy Love

Three days after meeting Taecyeon, Yuri hasn't seen his face. It made her wonder if he really did want to win them over for their approval of the engagement. Just as she was about to ask Yoona whether she was still with Taecyeon the doorbell to their penthouse suddenly rang...

(Yuri's POV)

"Just a minute!" I shouted as I was hurrying to see who it was. As I opened the door a very familiar face was infront of me flashing a wide smile.

"Annyeong Yuri-shii. How have you been?" Taecyeon said. Without a moment to spare he entered the room leaving me stunned by the door.

"Oh, mianhe. I've already been here. When she's all alone here she calls me to keep her company. Don't worry, we don't do any rated pg stuff. Just cooking, reading, watching movies and all the other mushy stuff couples do together." he said then winked. It actually relieved me and I don't even know why.

"So, how did you know I was here? How did you know I had nothing to do? And why did you bring food to cook?" I asked all at once.

"Yoona told me, Yoona told me and I remember Yoona telling me that you like to cook so I brought ingridients. I like to cook too, but I do need improvement though." he said then let out a small laugh.

"Wow." I said in amazement that Yoona actually tells her fiancee everything.

"I asked her everything there is I need to know like what are you allergic to, what kind of activities interests you most and what kind doesn't, you know those sort of stuff. I don't just wanna win Yoona and your trust but also your friendship." he said seriously as he prepared the utensils we were going to use. So, he really is determined. Whaa.. I guess Yoona is very lucky to have him.

"I heard that you like different kinds of chigae so I thought of kimchi chigae, soy bean paste chigae and this one that my grandma used to cook. It is my favorite food." he said positively.

"Oh, jinjja? Why didn't you bring her here? It's fine if she was here so we'd know if the chigae is good or not." I said and smiled at him.

"Well halmoni passed away a few year back when we were still living in New York." he said. 

"Oh, i'm sorry I didn't mean to..." he cut me off before I could even finish my sentence. "Anyo, gwenchana. She left us happily and with many happy memories, so it's ok." he said and beamed another smile towards me.

I looked at the ingridients and I noticed that this were the ingridients that an old lady used to buy in our store when I was a kid.

*flashback*

"Yuri-ah, nae agi, you can open the doors to our store now." my father said.

"Ne appa!" I replied cheerfully.

We owned this minimart near the beautiful flower patch. It was a bright and beautiful Monday morning, and every monday an old lady used to come to the mart and buy things that she said were for making her special chigae.

One bright monday, a kid much younger than me stopped by out mart. I guess he didn't know I saw him when he hid an apple in his jacket. I stopped him.

"Ya! do you know that stealing is bad?" I told him.

"Ugh..." he said then ran, but luckily the halmoni that goes to the mart stopped him.

"Grandchild, you should return those and say sorry for what you are doing can cause harm not only to you but to the people around you." the wise halmoni told him.

"Arrasso. Ey, here, take it. Joseohamnida." he said then bowed.

"Anyo..." I replied "I'll buy it for you, but promise me you won't steal again. Ok?" I continued.

"Jinjja?! Arrasso, I promise! Pinky swear." he said smiling gleefully.

I bought him two apples and told him not to waste it because it might give him good fortune. As the younger kid left the halmoni patted my back.

"That is very nice of you my dear. You know what, for that good deed i'll let you taste my special chigae." she said.

"Whaa, arrasso halmoni!" I said showing my aegyo.

"Aigoo... how cute!" the halmoni said. "Nae appa always told me that my aegyo is very good." I replied smiling widely. The wise and nice halmoni left and waved goodbye.

The next day she returned with a pot. 

"Halmoni! Why are you carrying a heavy pot with you? Here let me help you." I said as I offered help.

"Gomawo my dear. This is my promised chigae for you. I hope you will like it." she said smiling.

"Here halmoni, let's sit down." I said. There's a patio on the other side of the street infront of the fence that guarded the beautiful flower patch. I ate the vegetables and slurped the soup. It was a very delicious chigae.

"Mmmm.. halmoni, the chigae taste great!" I said whilst enjoying the chigae.

"You're just like my favorite grandchild." she said and giggled after.

"How halmoni? Is your favorite grandchild a girl too?" I asked.

"You eat just like him and said the exact same words as him. My grandchild is a very handsome little boy. Too bad that he doesn't live here though, he only visits every summer." she said with a frown.

"Aww... halmoni. Don't worry i'll be him while he's gone. I'd love to have a halmoni like you." I said happily.

"Well my dear, i'm moving to where he is too, very soon. So this maybe the first and last time I get to serve you my chigae." she said.

"Aww..." I said frowning "Halmoni, can you give me the ingridients and procedure to do this so when i'm older i'll make it for your grandson if we meet." I said.

"Arrasso. Here good thing I make spares of my recipes. Take good care of it ok?" she told me as she handed me two pieces of paper.

"Gamsahamnida halmoni. I promise to take care of this recipe and to remember you when I make it when i'm older." I said raising my right hand up.

Halmoni laughed and told me t finish the chigae. When I finished it she then patted my head, hid the dishes in her basket and waved goodbye as she walked away. It was the last time I saw her go to the mart. After 2 years our mart closed and appa thought of some better business.

*end of flashback*

As I was telling the story, Taecyeon and I were cooking the chigae. We finished as the story ended. After my story Taecyeon suddenly stared into the abyss and smiled.

"And that's what I remember of that nice halmoni.. ya! Are you even listening?!" I asked as he was busy smiling and looking into the abyss.

"Hmm? Uh, yeah. I was listening. I just remembered something." he said. Hmm... I wonder if...

"Was she your halmoni? I mean..." I was stopped as the doorbell rang.

"Were you expecting anyone?" he asked.

"Anyo. I was going to ask you the same thing." I replied. I opened the door to see Yoona soaking wet.

"Why are you wet? I meant soaking wet." I asked.

"There's a storm unnie. Didn't you listen to the news? It's going to be here for a week. Since Taec's house is far from here, maybe he could stay here?" Yoona said.

"Well it's fine with me but what about Sooyoung?" I asked. I actually didn't feel comfortable letting Taecyeon stay in our house so I used Sooyoung-ah for cover.

"About that unnie. Sooyoung unnie told me she can't come home for a week because she's stranded at Jeju." she replied.

"Mwo?! Jeju?! How did she get there without telling us?!" I said expressing my anger.

"Actually unnie, Sooyoung unnie told me not to tell you. Joseohamnida! She made me promise unnie." Yoona said with pleading eyes.

"Aishh.. that Soo.." I was cut off. "Uhm, Yuri-shii, why don't you help nae Yong~ to change and i'll just prepare the food. You two will deal with Sooyoung-shii later. Arrasso?" he said. I don't know why but he got me to calm down. If Yoona was the only one here with me I would've exploded and went to Jeju as soon as possible. Weird how this guy manages to calm me down when I don't even want to hand Yong~ to him... yet.

(Taecyeon's POV)

Whaa... I don't know how but I actually got Yuri-shii to be at peace.

"Wow nae Taec. You impressed me just there. How did you get unnie to be quiet? You should teach me that." nae Yong~ whispered to me before Yuri-shii led her to her room.

So halmoni, why did you choose for me to meet Yuri-shii now that I am about to get married? Are you sending some kind of message? Well, I guess you want us to be close chingus huh? Ok then halmoni. I will do my best to be friends with her.

(No One's POV)

What they didn't know was that a spirit close by was watching the whole time.

"Aish nae favorite grandson. You have yet to figure what I have instored for you."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Update! I think it but I hope you like it. It's actually exams but my love for my readers get the best of me so I sneak in an update before my parents get home. ;)

 

Comments here are appreciated and loved ♥