6

Ring of Love

It's the usual Saturday morning for Ailee. If she is in Seoul right now, she will be sleeping late with Jonghyun in the room next to her. Her boyfriend now ex boyfriend is not working on weekend while she only have Sunday as her off day. She is busy but she like it. 

 

But after staying almost a month in Beijing, she always wake up early on Saturday morning so that she can run a few lapse at the nearby park. She loves going there, after running a few lapse, she will be sitting on the white stone bench and watching the oldies practice Taichi and some of the kids cycling around the park.

 

"I didn't know you jog here too" 

 

She turns to her left and saw Luhan is wiping his sweat using a small towel he hang around his neck. 

 

She smiles. "I didn't know you know how to jog" he looked at her with a sarcastic look and Ailee laughed. 

 

"Want to grab something after this ?" Luhan asked. 

 

"Are you asking me out?" 

 

"Don't flattered yourself. I'm hungry and since I accidentally meet you here, I thought why not you join me too?" Ailee immediately laughed, "relax Luhan!" She slaps his shoulder. "I'm just teasing you. No need to explain everything." She stands up and pulls Luhan hand. " I treat you. Khaja!" 

 

 

He feels funny. Funny because for the past two three years he stayed here, he never woke up early on Saturday or Sunday. Heck, he never wakes up early. Usually it was Songqian who will call him countless time, reminding him he needs to come to work. Every night he will drown himself with alcohol and thus he woke up late the next day. 

 

However last night he found himself sleeps soundly after a nice late night coffee session with Yixing. 

 

And he feels funny because it’s weird to imagine him will talk casually with Ailee after their small argument yesterday. Is that how she is? Easily forgets and forgive?

 

"What do you want to eat?" 

 

Ailee puts down the menu and look at him, "will you judge me if I order a big breakfast?" 

 

He looked at her weirdly, "Do I look like someone who judges people easily?" Ailee gives him a look and immediately a yesterday incident between both of them flashed back in his mind. "Don't mind to answer that" 

 

The waiter come and she ends up ordered egg Benedict with smoked salmon and a bowl of mash potato with a bowl of salad and Luhan ordered a simple pancake with butter and honey. 

 

While waiting for their order to arrive, they talked quite a lot of thing until Ailee caught someone just enter the cafe. 

 

"Yixing" she mumbles and immediately she can't control herself. Luhan saw this and turn around to see who is making her like that, turns out it his own buddy. 

 

"Hey Luhan!"

 

Yixing greets once his eyes caught his when he entered the cafe just now. "I thought you want to skip breakfast like always." 

 

Yixing looks at his partner and his smile went wider. "Hello. My name is Yixing." He speaks in Chinese. Ailee is stunned. In her mind, all she wants to do is embrace her brother and tell him how much she misses him. She can't help to keep staring at him, not believing he is actually standing right in front of him after so many years they were apart. 

 

Yixing starts to grew uncomfortable when the lady in front of him is looking at him intensely. He turns to him for help. "Yah." Luhan taps the table twice. Ailee quickly snapped out from her daydreaming mode. 

 

"Aeri. My name is Aeri" she nervously smile while trying to avoid Luhan weird stare and she knows why. She purposely gives him another name as she is afraid Yixing will know that she is his long lost sister. As much as she wants that to happen, she is still afraid. What if all these years Yixing doesn't want to meet her that's why he didn't try to search for her? 

 

“Aeri? That is a nice name.” Yixing smiles warmly. “Want to join us?” Luhan asked when he saw how Ailee couldn’t stop from looking at him. At that time, he knows Ailee likes his buddy. 

 

Yixing slightly shook his head, “I wish I can but I need to finish off some of the reports. My PA already forward to me all the details.” He then turns to Aeri, “Let’s grab something next time, it will be my treat. Just pray your boss will not gives you so many works.” Yixing winks and runs away before Luhan hit him. 

 

Ailee eyes keep following Yixing until he reached the counter. Luhan smiles, “Yixing is a handsome man isn’t he?” 

 

“Huh?” She quickly turns back her head. 

 

“Is that why you want me to help you get close to him? because you like him?” 

 

Ailee is dumbfounded. “Well…. It’s not like that. I- ”

 

“It’s okay. Yixing is a nice man. I will help you with him.” Luhan bumped his fork with hers, “Wo men jia you! (Good Luck to us!)” 

 

 

 

 

After breakfast, they decided they should go to their own ways, so after saying good bye, Ailee turns to her left and walks towards her small apartment direction. Luhan is still in front of the restaurant, making sure she is walking just fine until she is out of his sight. if only he has his car, maybe he can send her to her place. 

 

While waiting for her, a worker from the restaurant calls him. Luhan is greeted by the waiter who served him just now. 

 

“I saw this on your table mister. You accidentally left it.”

 

Luhan took the phone and stares at it weirdly, he slightly touched his pocket and know his phone is in his pocket. When he presses the power button, a picture of Ailee with three unknown guys appears.

 

He quickly turns around to yells her name but she is quite far for her to hear him.

 

“This girl really….” Luhan look back to the waiter, “xie xie ni, I will return this to my friend.” The waiter smiles and they both parted ways. 

 

“I can give her back on monday right?” Luhan mumbles to himself. However after he walks a few steps, countless of Kakao messages and Line messages starts to enter her phone and Luhan can see all are from her korean friends as the messages all are written in korean. 

 

“Ailee, let’s hope you are not walking too fast.” He turns around and slightly run towards the direction where Ailee walked just now. 

 

 

 

 

 

A young men, wearing a black cap with a white mouth mask is standing just beside the telephone booth. He wears grey hoodie with grey pants and has been standing there for almost one hour already. His eyes keep on searching his next target as it’s already been days he hasn’t found any target and he desperately need money now.

 

Ailee walks slowly while listening to her iPod and when she saw the red telephone booth ahead of her, she knows she is getting closer to the apartment block near her apartment. Although it almost one month staying in Beijing, she still could’t navigate herself without remembering all the landmarks. 

 

Without she knows about it, a pair of eyes has been staring at her ever since she showed up at the corner of the road. The man takes out his hand knife and put it around his sleeve to prevent other people see it. He scans the area and saw there are only few people around the area and all of them are minding their own business. He smirked, this is the perfect time. 

 

When Ailee is already in front of him and he just need to cut the straps of her sling bag, he takes out the knife he had hidden just now and ready to attack the victim in front of him. 

 

Luhan turns at the corner and relieved to see Ailee is in front of him but when he wants to calls out her name, he saw a man is rushing to her direction while holding something that looks like a knife. He grew alarmed and quickly yells Ailee name. 

 

“Jeongshimhae!! (Be careful)” 

 

She doesn’t hear him but the young men shocked to hear his voice, he looks back and saw Luhan is running towards him. He take his knife and hurt the lady in front of him and pushes her hard on the ground. 

 

Ailee felt someone turns her around and with a blink of eye, a man hurt her hand and pushes her until she fell on the ground. She fell on the hard ground and dumbfounded on what just happened to her. 

 

“Gwenchana?”

 

She saw Luhan is running towards her and few people soon joined him. “Ailee, gwenchana?” She can feels her hand shakes. “Luhan…” she whispers. 

 

He pulled her into his embrace when he feels her shaking hands. “Let’s go to your house.” 

 

 

 

With all the difficulties, Luhan and Ailee finally managed to reach in front of Ailee small apartment. “Where is your key Ailee?” He saw her trying to take her sling bag and Luhan quickly take her bag and search for the key. When he found it, he opens the door and puts Ailee on the bed. 

 

He then goes to the kitchen and pour her a glass of warm water. He then feeds her before searching for the first aid kit. 

 

Ailee pulls the blanket and wrapped herself with it. Her eyes could’t stop following Luhan movement around her small one room apartment. If Luhan wears a strong cologne right now, she probably can smell his cologne at every corner of her room apartment. 

 

“What are you searching for?”

 

“First aid kit.”

 

“Why? I’m okay. I just need to take a rest.”

 

Luhan found the first aid kit and take a seat beside her, on the bed. “Excuse me,” he pulls her hand and shows her where the man just now hurt her. “Is this okay ? you have a bleeding arm.” 

 

Only then Ailee realised her bloody arm, the man seems to cut her not too deep but deep enough to make it non-stop bleeding and her wound is quite long. She doesn’t even feel pain just now, probably too shocked. 

 

“Aaaaaaoooo!!!” She yelled when she felt a sudden pain on the wound. Luhan slightly smirked. “Only now you feel aaaoo?” He dapped few ointments on the wound and takes out a bandage from the first aid kit. 

 

While he is wrapping Ailee arm with the bandage, he doesn’t noticed that the lady have been staring at him since he smirked just now. Ailee is taking her time to mesmerise the handsome features of her boss. He is handsome man, she can’t denied the fact. Although he looks handsome, yet he can be cute at sometime too. In fact he looks younger than his age. He has a pink lips, small button nose, quite long eyelashes and his eyes, oh god his eyes. She stifled a laugh. How can she has the time to admire her boss when her life is on danger just now. If only Luhan is not at the scene at that exact moment, she probably will die already.

 

“How come you are there just now, boss?” 

 

He raised an eyebrow from the sudden change in name. “Ah, I wanted to return your phone. You left it on the table just now.” He stands up and takes out her phone from his pocket. “Here. You got a lot of messages.” 

 

She takes it and smiles, “Thank you. If not because of you, I probably will -”

 

“Well, the most important you are okay now, right? And I didn’t do anything. I just take you home which I should do it at the first place, otherwise you won’t be-” 

 

She puts her hand on his arm, “I’m okay now right?” They both smile. 

 

Just then, Ailee phone rings. She takes a look at the caller ID and smiles. Luhan stands up and walks to the kitchen to refill the empty glass Ailee used just now. He then takes a few tablets of medicine and put it in a small spoon. 

 

“Minseok oppa!”

 

Luhan looks at the happy Ailee on the bed and then her bandaged arm. He looks around the kitchen and found a small note and a pen. He scribbled something on the notes and put it beside the glass of water a spoonful of medicine, on the bedside table. Then, quietly, he leaves the room. 

 

Ailee is too busy talking with Minseok until she didn’t hear the soft clicking sound of door being closed. 

 

After almost an hour on convincing Minseok to not fly to Beijing after she accidentally told him about the incident happened to her just now, Minseok finally agree to her and they say goodbye after that. 

 

“Boss?” 

 

She turns around and saw no one. Slowly, she stands up and walks to the kitchen and the first she saw is the note on the table. 

 

Eat the medicine and take a rest. If your arm is still in pain, please go to the hospital. 

Here is my number in case you need any help. 

Don’t worry about coming to work, just come after you feel better.

7295-55-6258

p/s: When you call me Boss, I feel old TT_TT

 

 

 

The note is written in korean characters and suddenly she doesn’t feel any pain in her arm anymore.