5

Ring of Love

Yixing laughed when Luhan finished telling him the story between 'that girl'  and him. “Yahhh… I never thought I will hear this from you.” Yixing laughed again. Luhan glances and throw him his pen. “That girl really makes me crazy.” 

"And I wonder why......" He teased. 

 

Soon, they are leaving Luhan office and they choose to sit at their favorite place which is quite secluded from the customers. Whenever the trio is gathered, they will always choose that  particular seat. 

“You just got here?” Luhan sips the coffee. Yixing nodded his head. “Yifan asked me to monitor our hotel here so I probably going to stay longer than usual.” “How’s he?” Luhan asked. Yixing shrugged his shoulders. “Same old. Same old.” 

Luhan stares into the space. Yifan is another close friend of him. Before he met Yixing, Yifan who is the one who always be by his side. No matter what happened. Now that Yifan has take over his family business and Yixing being the second CEO, they both permanently resided in Seoul while Luhan choose to come back to their starting place. After everything happened, Luhan feels like he  need to get away from Seoul. He really wants to forget his past, thus coming back to his hometown is his only choice.
 
“How are you?” Yixing breaks the silence. He looks at Luhan and realized that man is not meeting his eyes. 

“Haven’t changed one bit.”

Yixing totally got the double meaning from his answer. On the night his wife died, Luhan was crying silently in his bedroom. His eyes was so red and he looked so miserable. Yifan and him did the best that they can to stay at his side, keep on supporting him so that he will be the Luhan they used to know.  

Soon, they fall into silence. 

 

"Stupid boss"

"Luhan babo" 

"Babo babo!" 

She threw the pebbles into the lake. Just now when she aimlessly get out from the cafe, she didn't know where she should head to. She just let her feet take the lead and she unnoticeably reached to a place where there is a small resting place and small lake. The view is amazing and she is really glad to found the place. 

"I thought he is a nice guy." 

She wipes her tears when the incident replayed in her mind. 

"Luhan babo!" 

She then continue playing with the pebbles, throwing it aimlessly and just take the time to calm down her feelings. Right now, she feels so lonely and so unwanted. 

"Everything went wrong. It's almost one month and I haven't meet with Yixing yet. I can't speak fluent mandarin, I'm having trouble with the boss. Why did I choose to come here at the first place? I have a nice job and nice life in Seoul."

She sighed. As much as she said she hate the life here but deep inside her, she knew. She starts to fall in love with this place. She loves it how she can be herself here instead of pretending like she loves everything that was given to her. She didn't need to think about satisfying other people. 

Working as junior editor needs her to always make her chief editor impressed with her and she is always under constant stress to keep up with the expectation. If she fail, there are always other people gladly pushes her aside and eventually get to take away her position that she had been working hard to get to where she is now. 

So for her to request for a three months leave is the same as she is preparing to get fired. Suddenly the thought that she is unable to meet with Yixing before her duration of stay end comes into her mind. 

Doesn't that mean, her decision on going back to China is useless? 

 


“Ailee, are you okay now?” Luhan who is facing the wall at first ears caught ZiTao voice and he quickly look at him. He saw Zitao is bending down his body until he reached the girl eye level. He saw Ailee nodded her head. He turns his head back.

 “Is that the girl?”

 Luhan turns his head again and this time he saw ZiTao handed her a tissue and then runs his fingers on Ailee head this time frowned slightly. “Yeah. Her.” He faces the wall again. 


"Good. Go wash your face or something. Luhan is there with his guest. So I think he is okay now." Zitao nodded his head slightly to show where is Luhan right now and Ailee eyes follows him. 

The tissue that she is holding to immediately falls on the floor. Her eyes widened upon seeing the guy that she wants to meet for such a long time. She can feels her hand starts to shaking and her eyes got teary again. 

"Yixing.." She whispers.  


Just when Yixing wants to keep his eye on Ailee, her eyes suddenly caught his.


She looks familiar


 

Before Ailee can do anything, Zitao has slightly pushes her towards the locker room direction. "Get ready. It's going to be peak hour soon." 

Ailee can only nodded her head because she know if she speak, then her voice will be trembling exactly like her pair of hands now. 

Oh my god Yixing. I finally meet you. Just when I want to give up, I meet you. You are here, in front of me. 

She let the tears of happiness false freely on her cheek. Now her life doesn't seem useless anymore. 

 

After she is finished preparing herself, she gather all her courage to approach Yixing however when she reaches the front area, she couldn't see Yixing in the premise anymore. SongQian passes in front of her and she stops her, "Jie, where is the guest that with Luhan just now?" 

"Oh, Yixing?" 

Ailee nodded her head. Seems like everyone know who Yixing is 

"He just went out with Luhan. They always catch up with each other's when Yixing is in town." 

"Hao le. Xie xie Jie (okay. Thanks sis)"

 


Soon it was the closing time again for them. Everybody noticed how Ailee is so quiet after she got back from her sudden disappearance in the morning. She pretends like it was okay but the truth is she is still hurt from her boss words. 

Tao lifts few chairs and put it on the table. He scans around and saw Ailee is wiping the remaining tables. When he saw that not many chairs left to be lift, Tao decided to approach Ailee.

Just when he makes his first step, from the corner of his eyes, Tao saw Luhan threw the dirty cloth on the counter and makes his way towards the lady he wants to approach just now. Tao stops in his steps and reluctantly turns his body, he continues putting the remaining chair on the table.

 

If he say he didn't noticed how gloomy and how blank Ailee looks after he saw her got back from her little escape, then for sure he is the worst person in the world. He knows he is at fault here because he is a little disturbed when he saw Ailee and Zitao being too friendly. Why? He don't want to know that. But he wants Ailee to only depends on him. Not some other guy. 

"Ailee."

She turned to face him with a blank expression. 

"Come into my office." He turns his body and expect her to follow but when he can't hear any footsteps sounds, he turns around again and saw Ailee continue to wipes the table.

"Can't you hear me? I said come into my office." 

Everyone halted from their task. SongQian frowned upon hearing Luhan speaks in Korean and she wondered what makes Luhan suddenly so vocal with Ailee? Before this, he doesn't even are about them. He will locked himself in his office and doesn't even care if it's closing time or not. 

"Why? So that you can yell at me again?" Ailee throws away the cloth on the floor and raised her head. "I choose to work here because I want to learn something, not getting yelled a Luhan." 

Luhan looks at her and saw she is on the verge of crying. Just when he wants to reply her, he noticed Yang, Zitao and SongQian are watching them. He clears his throat. "Can you guys wrap quickly? I need to discuss something with Miss Ailee here." 

Ailee picks up the clothe she threw just now and go to the sink to wash it. Zitao and Yang continue to finish their task of the day while SongQian who just finished with  last task, went up to Luhan and sits in front of him. 

"what's wrong with you?" 

Luhan sighed. "I don't know why everything she does is getting on my nerves." He looks at her. " if you are done then you may leave. Have a nice weekend." 

SongQian frowned while stands up. She doesn't like the fact that Luhan is getting troubled over the new kid. He is not supposed to. Because every time he is bothered, that's mean he is starting to care for that particular person. And when he does that, she is the one who getting hurt. 

"Bye boss." 

Yang said when he saw Luhan is sitting by the bar counter alone. Luhan turns to him, "yeah. Bye. Have a nice weekend." Just when Yang opens the door,Luhan noticed Zitao is not with him. "Hey, where's Tao?" 

"In the locker room with Ailee. They are talking so I leave first." Yang slightly bows and leave the premise. 

In the locker room? 
 


"Are you okay?" Tao stops Ailee from closing her locker. "Yeah" she replied. "You know I don't like it when you are down like this." He puts his hand on her shoulder. "Talk nicely with boss okay. Both of you are tired, it's been a long day today." Ailee smiled. 

"Thanks Tao." She hugs him one arm before Tao moves his body so Ailee can close her locker door. 

"Just want to let you know, boss is never behave like that to anyone. He probably cares for you a lot, that's why he is acting like that. He is concern about you." Tao said before leaves the room. 

Ailee is standing by the locker, trying to digest what Tao said to her just now. 

 


Luhan turns when he hears footsteps sound and saw Zitao is coming towards his direction since he is not sitting very near with the glass door. "Thank you Tao. Good job today." Luhan smiles. 

"Thanks boss."  Zitao slightly smiled. He looks at he older man and saw he is looking at the locker room direction. "She is coming out. She just checking up her stuffs in the locker." 

"Ahhh... Okay"

Zitao then turned towards the door and just before he pushes the door open, he slightly turns his body "you know, you can't treat her like you treat your ex female worker. I don't know what is her real intention on working here but she obviously is not chasing for your good looks. You have to remember, she is alone here. She doesn't have anyone and yet she is working hard just like us all." 

Luhan looked at him meaningfully before Tao left the cafe. 


The fact that Luhan only have Zitao, Yang and SongQian as his worker is because he had known them for many years. For example, SongQian is his junior during his university years before he went to the exchange program in South Korea many years ago. While Zitao is somehow related to him. His late father is Tao grandfather little brother so that's make Zitao is his niece. And Yang is Zitao junior in high school, they become close when both of them learn wushu together. 

 

"Why do you want to meet me?" 

Luhan jumped slightly when Ailee suddenly is standing in front of him. He got lost in his own thoughts. 

"Mianhae"

"For what?" Ailee refused to speak Korean with him. She doesn't want to get yell at again although this time Luhan initiate the Korean conversation first.

"For yelling at you" 

"Why are you yelling at me?" 

"Jashiren, cho du mollayo (honestly, I don't know either)" 

Ailee turns to him "mwoh? You don't know?" She starts to hit him on his arms, "so you have that privilege huh?"  "What privellege?" Luhan said while trying to avoid Ailee punches. 

"Yelling at people without concrete reason?" 

Luhan can't take it no more and end up holding both of Ailee wrist and immediately Ailee stops when Luhan nose is inches away from her and she soon found herself staring deep into Luhan eyes. 

"Just tell me, how can I make it up to you?" Luhan half whispered.

She pulls her hand and her eyes landed on the seat where Yixing seat before. 

"Help me get close to someone." 

Luhan frowned but deep inside he is curious. Who? Tao? 


Ailee smiles, "your friend earlier." 

"Nugu?" 

"Yixing, Zhang Yixing." 

 

 

 

Sorry for the long wait guys! Thanks for the comment, keep it coming okay! I love it!!! seriously!! 

p/s: why is it so hard to edit using iPad?