4

Ring of Love

Luhan arrived at his house 3am sharp. Although he is living in a large condo, but he never excited about coming to his home. He hates the fact he is living alone there and when he is alone, the only think he will do is drinking. His hobbies, which is cooking, painting, playing video games or playing football are long forgotten. Ever since the death of his wife, he never does any of that anymore. It will only reminds him of her and Luhan doesn't want that. The only times he didn't think about her is when he indulged himself with alcohol. But that doesn’t seems to work out too. 

 

"In one month, let's have a test”

 

Luhan smirked. The short conversation between him and Ailee just now suddenly replayed in his thought. He caught her memorising the menu that written in Chinese character when nobody is around and when he found out she can speaks Korean fluently; he is honestly shocked and half of him slightly regret of himself because he hired not so fluent Chinese speaker.

 

He rubs his forehead slightly.

"I guess I need to give her extra class every night”

 

 

 

 

Ailee plopped on the bed while smiling, not one-second forget how Luhan waves her goodbye just now. She is so lucky to have a handsome boss and not to mention her colleagues are a hottie as well.

 

Just when she wants to rise from the bed, her phone suddenly rings. She grabs it from her pocket and take a look at the caller ID

 

"Minseok Oppa!" She squeals when she accepts the video call.

"Oh my baby sister! Ni hao ma?”

Ailee giggled when she only hear his voice and didn't see him on the screen. Once Minseok image appear on the screen, she waves "wo hen hao Oppa!”

"How's first day at work?”

She places her phone on the phone stand and turned it so the front camera will be facing her, in the meantime, she takes the wet tissue and start wiping her face, taking off the make up.

"It's quite tiring but I have fun!”

"Have you see him yet?”

"No, I don't think I will be seeing him sooner because for now I will be working in the kitchen, until I can prove myself good enough to interact with the customers, I will stay behind the scene." She saw Minseok nodding his head.

“Okay then. Don’t forget to take care of yourself.”

“I wil oppa.” She blew a kiss before touching the red button on the phone screen.

 

 

 

 

It’s the calm Wednesday morning when ZiTao enters the cafe and saw Ailee is wiping the one of the many tables they have. He smiles when she turns to him. “Hey.” He nods his head a little bit. “Hey. You just got here?” ZiTao nodded his head again. “Yeah. I need to run over the laundry shop become coming here. I ran out of clean clothes.” Ailee laughed. “Yeah me too.” 

 

While ZiTao is at the back to changes his clothes, the bell rings again, indicates someone is entering the cafe. Ailee turns her head and saw Luhan this time. Last night incident is still fresh in her mind and she wants to see whether Luhan is joking about the test he is talking about last night is serious or not. She keep on eyeing him when suddenly Luhan turns to her. 

 

“What are you looking at?” He mouthed her. 

 

Ailee gasped and immediately continues wiping the table. 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan looked at his wrist watch and noticed it’s already late, again he didn’t noticed about that. He hadn’t step out from his office at all today and suddenly the hungry feeling comes to him at once. “I better check what’s left in the kitchen.” 

 

Just when he opens the door, he hear a soft laughing sound comes from the front area, the place where customers place is. Slowly he makes his way through and there he saw Ailee and ZiTao is laughing together over something which obviously very funny because Ailee cheek is so red right now. 

 

Luhan rolls his eyes and suddenly feels not so hungry anymore. He turns his body away when he noticed there’s a small note on the door, written in korean character. 

 

        

    Dear Boss, 

            I saw you didn’t come out from your office at all today. 

            I left a bowl of mashed potato and grilled salmon in the microwave. 

            Don’t forget to eat!

                                

                            

 

 

Luhan reads it and he doesn’t need any genius to figure that Ailee is the one who wrote that note although there are no name written at the end of the note. He stuffed it in his pocket. He thought of going to join Ailee and ZiTao while eating his meal but when he reached the front area, he saw both of them walked together outside the cafe while Ailee is wearing ZiTao leather jacket. 

 

He sighed. Another alone supper for him again. 

 

 

 

 

What he thought is normal interaction between co-workers and one time thing between two of his workers are totally wrong. He always caught Ailee and ZiTao secretly looking at each other while taking order from the customers. 

 

 

ZiTao is standing by the coffee machine, looks like he is giving a personal lesson on how to handle the coffee machine to Ailee. “Then, you press this button.” ZiTao presses the button and suddenly the stirrer moves quickly to stir the warm milk. “And then you put it inside the cup?” ZiTao nodded and reached the cup at her side. His arm passed at the back of Ailee waist and they both laughed at their close proximity. 

 

 

 

 

“Tao, let’s see who puts the most chairs on the table and the loser will have to treat supper.” Ailee is smirking at Tao who is at that time have a bandaged arm because he accidentally fell from his bike. ZiTao makes a face and Ailee laughed. “Keep on laughing young lady, I don’t want to teach you tonight.” She gasped and runs to Tao, “say it again and I won’t make you dinner!” 

 

 

 

 

“How do you pronounce this?” Tao leans closer to see which word Ailee is pointing to. They are studying in the cafe while waiting for the cafe closing time. It’s getting late and they are sure no more customers will come. 

 

Tao puckered his lips. “Like this!” Then he playfully wants to kiss Ailee and she have to smack him few times to make him stop while laughing endlessly. 

 

 

 

“Ailee!”

 

Everybody looks at the direction where the loud voice came and Ailee gulped when she saw it’s Luhan by his door, signalling her to come to his office. Manager Song which is standing by her side, helping her to go through the daily stocks frowned when she saw Luhan is in bad mood today. Sure, he is not always happy twenty four seven, however showing unprofessional attitude in front of the staffs and all the customers is not Luhan style either. 

 

“Go.” SongQian whispers while slightly pushes her from the back. “Luhan must want something from you. Don’t make him wait.” Ailee nods, wiping her hands before walk towards Luhan office. 

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

“Come in.” 

Ailee slowly opens the door and saw he is sitting on the office chair. “You called me?” She starts to speaks in korean. 

 

Luhan picks up a pile of paper and threw it on the floor. Making her jumped in startled. “Who told you to speak korean with me? Do you thought me as your friend?” He was yelling throughout the times. Ailee stares on the floor, not having the courage to looks up. Her face is hot and she keeps on chanting please don’t cry…please don’t cry

 

For your information, in case you haven’t noticed yet, I am your boss. I am not some kind of guy that you can play around. You need to respect me. I repeat, I am your boss.Luhan saw how her shoulders start to shake and his grip that holding another pile of paper is released. 

 

“Do you still remember our deal?” 

 

Ailee nods her head, she doesn’t have the confidence to say yes because she is afraid she will cry the moment she opens . 

 

“You still have four days and by then, we will see whether I will want to still keep you as part of the team or not.” He plops on the office chair and turns around from her. Massaging his forehead, “if you don’t have anything to say, get out.”

 

Soon, he heard a soft closed door sound. Luhan sighed in distressed. 

 

 

 

As soon as she steps out from the office, Ailee is quickly running towards the door and get out from the cafe. ZiTao who is at that time is servicing his customers only look from a far. 

 

 

 

Without her noticed, there’s a man sitting at his usual spot in his best friend cafe. Slightly amused while watching the scene. Without waiting for Song Qian to serve his favourite drink, he grabs his slings bag and walks towards Luhan room. 

 

He came in without knocking on the door. Once he is inside, he saw his friend is also stress from what had happened. 

 

 

“Well, that is the first time I saw you get mad at a woman.”

 

Luhan turns around, “What do you want Yixing?”