Seven

For Heaven's Sake, Hit the Brake

 

“So. Why are you being more pissy than usual?”

Kris really didn’t need Luhan right now. In fact, he’d sat down behind the science building just so that the blond devil incarnate wouldn’t find him. “Luhan–”

“Save it, teenage girl. Yixing told me everything.”

Kris’ eyes widened. “What? He did?” But he hadn’t even told anyone, how had Yixing even–

“Yeah, so don’t be sad that it’s that time of the month; I brought chocolate,” with a self-satisfied grin, Luhan held out a plastic bag.

“Oh, off, Lu.”

“Hold up, what’s going on?” Minseok rounded the corner, glancing inquisitively into Luhan’s bag. “Why do you have chocolate? You told me you were on a diet. All-protein. For football. Which is stupid, by the way.”

“Kris is depressed.”

“Why is Kris depressed?”

The person in question groaned. “How did you all even find me?”

Yixing shrugged. “Luhan texted me. But sad. Why.”

“Did you wreck your bike?”

“No.”

“Did you get in a biking accident?”

“No.”

“Did you get a ticket for going too slow?”

“Luhan, no.”

“Then let’s see.”

Kris opened his mouth, paused, then shut it. “I’m sorry, what?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Let’s go, drama queen. Minnie, we’ll be back in ten, make sure Xing doesn’t get lost.”

Kris waited until they were near the parking lot before panicking. “Luhan, I really don’t think I can handle anyone else right now. I barely can drive by myself.”

“It’s okay, I just wanted to drag you over here to talk,” Luhan offered a small smile, dropping the taller’s arm. “Which one is yours, anyway?”

Kris wordlessly pointed to the navy bike Tao had given him the other day, hopelessly confused. “To talk?”

“Oh, that’s nice. Très you!” Luhan grinned, clapping his hands. “Yeah, I mean, I hadn’t really seen you until you called Minnie, y’know? You were hanging out with little Zitao a lot and now you’re sad and can you see where I’m going with this?”

Kris sighed, “Luhan, I don’t really want to talk about this.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Right, then. I’ll just let you stew in your own little inner turmoil. Oh no! It’s only me in the world! No one can possibly understand!”

Kris swatted Luhan and grinned when he received a satisfying shriek. “Stop meddling.”

“But it’s what I do best!”

“Yixing probably forgot where we went and is worrying right now, we should go,” Kris insists, steering Luhan away from his ride home–he’d gotten a temporary license the other day, it was all legal now–and back towards the tables throws by the humanities buildings. When Minseok and Yixing were within seeing range, Luhan elbowed Kris.

“Oh, by the way, Minseok beat you.”

“What,” Kris frowned, “oh! He talked to his parents? What was that all about?”

“You’ll see,” Luhan winked before racing forward and throwing himself onto Minseok, pressing their lips together. Kris stopped walking altogether and Yixing looked beyond shock.

“So,” Kris began once they had each pulled away, Luhan still with both arms thrown around Minseok, “he told his parents that…”

“Luhan came with me,” Minseok nodded, “but, not as a helper. It was the agreed upon bet. I wasn’t cheating.”

“No, I believe you,” Kris furrowed his brows, “so you both are, um, together, now?”

“Yep!” Luhan chirped.

“Whoa,” Yixing gasped, catching the attention of all three. “Who would have thought?”

Kris chuckled and pulled the smaller into his side. “So, how’s your dancing stuff doing?”

Yixing paled and began telling about how he’d seen the competition in the practice room only yesterday and how horrible he was in comparison.


-


Tao was sad. He was sad and miserable and this was exactly why he didn’t get close to people or give people things. Because they left afterwards.

Sehun would always need someone he didn’t have the hots for to watch sad movies and eat ice cream with him after harsh breakups, so Sehun didn’t count. Sehun was a permanent fixture in his life. But people like Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol, if he tried to get close to them it would all be in vain. They would leave, and he would remain.

People often complained about his intimidating face, but he loved it. It scared away potential deserters. Because, really, what was the use of trying to be friendly if it would just end in–

“Oh my god! I can smell the depression from here!”

Tao groaned, rolling over as Sehun dashed into the room and threw open all of the windows. It was relatively cold out and the sun was too bright and Tao was ill-equipped to deal with it all.

“There. Much better.”

“How did you even get in.”

“Zhi let me in,” Sehun sang, settling at the bottom of the bed with an indifferent feline in his arms.

Tao directed a hard glare at the cat. “I trusted you.” She started purring.

“Just kidding. I know where your spare key is,” he paused, scooting closer and lying down, “Taozi, it’s three. In the afternoon. I thought you had classes today,” Sehun muttered, carding his hands through dark fur. “Zhi, you’re a pretty kitty.”

“I do. Did. Doesn’t matter.”

Sehun hummed, wiggling until he had his head on a pillow, content kitten in his arms. “Have dinner with me.”

Tao moaned, eyes closed. “Sehun. I thought we talked about this. I like hyungs and noonas, not bleach-haired whiny–”

“And Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae,” Sehun finished, face settled in a pout. “You think I’m whiny? I am appalled. You’re not exactly humble either there, Lydia Bennet.”

“Your boyfriend has you reading Shakespeare?”

“It’s Jane Austen. Uncultured,” Sehun hissed under his breath, fiddling with tiny pink paws. “So, dinner. Will you come?”

“Sehun,” the older began, sighing, “I really don’t–”

“Aw, come on!”

Tao froze.

“Hush!”

Tao sat up, blinked, and then threw the blanket over his head and curled into a ball. If he couldn’t see them, then they couldn’t see him.

A heavier weight hopped onto the end of his bed. “Tao, we can go get chinese.”

“Chanyeol he didn’t say you could get on his bed you should probably stop.”

“Fair warning, we get pretty comfortable with people we barely know,” Chanyeol grinned, ignoring Jongdae, who was tapping his foot anxiously in the bedroom doorway.

Tao blinked. Where was–

“I want beef.”

“Ohmygod.” Tao sat straight up, Sehun humming with a cat on his chest on one side and Baekhyun cuddled up on his other. “If I go, will you get out of my room?”

“Aww,” Jongdae’s eyes flashed. “He’s shy.”

Baekhyun hopped up, sauntering over and throwing his arms around Jongdae’s neck. “Don’t .” Chanyeol continued smiling, even when Jongdae slipped a hand down the front of his shirt, eyes trained on Tao, waiting for a reaction.

“Sehun, make them stop.”

“Tao says he’ll go you guys!” The trio cheered along with Sehun, who picked up Zhi and ushered everyone out.

Tao turned and groaned into a pillow.

“My roommate is coming, too.”

Tao groaned louder.

“Fine. I’m going. We’ll wait in the living room. Hurry up.”

Whispering a thanks under his breath, Tao finally relaxed into the mattress, preparing for the inevitable trials that a dinner with Sehun, his better-than-thou dancer roommate, and dysfunctional boyfriends entailed.

“I didn’t know you slept without a shirt.”

“SEHUN GET OUT.”


A/N:

Oh my god I'm so sorry. Celia does plot I do fillers tbh. I'm really sick and this is the result. OTL
-Hannah