Chapter 2

Making Us

KiBum tried to calm his racing heart as he saw SiWon drive off. He knew everything there was to know about the man, having been inspired to follow business because of him. He had made himself big in the hope of becoming partners with SiWon. Instead, when SiWon had found out there was another company that could rival his own, they had become enemies without words.

“So, that’s him,” DongHae said, coming up behind him.

“That’s him,” KiBum agreed, breathless from the encounter.

“Was that your first time meeting him?” DongHae wanted to know.

“With his knowledge, yes,” KiBum said, a small smile appearing on his face as he thought about the times he had stalked SiWon.

“What did he hand you?” DongHae asked.

“I handed him,” KiBum corrected, “My business card.”

“Ooo, really, why?” DongHae asked, grabbing his shoulder with one hand.

“Because, he asked if we could do it in a more civil place again,” KiBum said, his heart speeding up again.

“Ah, come on, calm down. I know you’re in love with him and all, but we have a building to make, remember?” DongHae said, punching him lightly on the chest.

“Yes, but, DongHae, he hates me, I would see it. How am I supposed to make him fall for me?” KiBum wondered, his heart tugging again when he remembered the cold way SiWon had regarded him.

“You made me fall for you, remember?” DongHae joked, punching him again and handing him a blue envelope, “One look at that killer smile, and he’ll fall head over heels,” DongHae assured him.

“Maybe,” KiBum said doubtfully, but opened the folder. Perhaps if he could complete this building and show his love to SiWon, maybe the cold businessman would change his heart toward KiBum. Maybe.

“The way you looked at him scared me, KiBum. It was really cold, and freaky. Not like you,” DongHae said, as KiBum flipped through the file.

“I felt his hate and reacted the way I did when my parents used to-” KiBum took a sharp breath.

“I just shut it off, Hae.”

“What do we have to do next?” DongHae asked, peering over KiBum’s shoulder at the plan and design of the structure, trying to distract his friend from the memories of the past that were clearly swimming in KiBum’s mind.

“Next, we lay the foundation,” KiBum said, still slightly uneasy from his meeting.

“Okay.” DongHae nodded at him before walking back to the main scene of the construction and giving orders.

“You ripped up his documents!” he heard someone exclaim from behind him, and turned to see SungMin walking up to him with his hand held up. KiBum slapped his palm against SungMin’s and smiled. SungMin slung an arm around his neck and continued grinning.

“That was awesome to watch, by the way! And you even stuck the pieces in his front pocket!” SungMin enthused, replaying the situation in his mind.

“I imagined it was one of your coupons for pink shopping,” KiBum . In return, SungMin stuck out his tongue at him and pushed the younger away.

“Meanie,” SungMin told him, before skipping away again.

KiBum walked back to his car, and sat in the front seat. It would be a hard road to walk, but if at the end, there would be love, he would wear his best shoes.

Opening the thermostat from the cup holder, he poured some into a cup and drank it. The caffeine did the trick. His nerves immediately seemed a bit calmer, his heart beat slower. He smiled as he saw a truck arrive, no doubt filled with premixed concrete. It would go just fine.

 

SiWon sped down the highway to his office. The meeting had thoroughly infuriated him. The man got to him; that much was obvious. SiWon punched his steering wheel again before making a U-turn and heading home. He couldn’t focus right now, so there was no point in going back to work.

He reached his mansion within minutes, pushing open his door and flinging his jacket on the couch absently as he strode angrily to his cabinet. Opening it, he pulled out a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass. After four refills, he felt better… slightly. He didn’t usually indulge, but today was different.

Minutes passed, as he tried to clear his mind. A light vibration against his leg made him pull out his phone and stare at it. It was KyuHyun, his long-time best friend turned lover. He stared at it for a second longer before dashing the phone against the opposing wall with all the anger and irritation he still felt. Clearly the whiskey hadn’t worked.

He had to be able to control his emotions if he was to succeed. No one ever got to him the way Kim KiBum had just. It was insane but somehow, seeing his enemy in real for the very first time had made foreign emotions appear. More than anger…

Pulling out another glass, he filled it and then walked out to his balcony, staring at the fading colours of dusk. He swirled the amber liquid in the glass, and then downed it. His heart was calming down.

The ring of the doorbell had is temper flaring again. stomping to the door, he swung it open to find a wet KyuHyun standing with two full plastic bags in his hands.

“Can I come in?” KyuHyun asked. SiWon nodded stiffly, moving back to allow KyuHyun entrance. He took the bags from Kyu’s hands, and rested them on the counter. KyuHyun walked into the living room, stopping when something crunched beneath his feet.

“Is this your phone?” he asked, holding up a piece of the broken plastic.

“Yes.” KyuHyun looked expectantly at SiWon, who stood motionless and stared back. He really didn’t feel like explaining now.

“I bought food for you. I know you’re really busy these days,” KyuHyun said, walking to a closet and pulling out a broom. He swept the shattered phone into the bin and then came to stand in front SiWon.

“Thank you,” SiWon said tonelessly. KyuHyun tiptoed, holding on to SiWon's shoulders to keep his balance and began kissing SiWon softly. Without hesitation, SiWon pushed him away, removing his hands from his shoulders.

“I’m not in the mood,” he said, turning away from KyuHyun. All he could think about was KiBum’s last look as he drove away.

“Okay then… I’ll just come back tomorrow. Don’t forget to eat,” Kyu reminded him. SiWon didn’t respond.

“Bye, Wonnie,” Kyu whispered, still kissing him one last time on his neck. SiWon waited until the door clicked in place and the apartment was silent before reaching into his pocket. He pulled out the card KiBum had given him earlier and picked up one of his work phones from the table.

Heart once again burning, he dialled the number.

 

hello all my lovely people <3 I'm doing this ... because I need love... I'm freezing in my mom's work place and it's really cold. my toes are not mine anymore... not human... xD anyway, i'd like some comments if you love me, and subscribe... upvote :D thank you~ i haven't slept so i probably sound like a crazy person...

ignore me

i love you all~