Chapter 1

Making Us

“And we’ll have to bring in twenty more contractors to work on the building you planned sir, if you plan to finish it in time,” EunHyuk told him. SiWon looked up from the file he had been examining and nodded. He had expected this. All his personal workers were already occupied with the construction of the orphanage.

“Well, hire them before the day ends,” he ordered. EunHyuk nodded in return, then checked his pager and made to leave. He turned just as he walked out the door and began fidgeting with the file in his hand.

“What is it, EunHyuk-ssi?” SiWon asked, looking up and noticing his secretary in a nervous state.

“It’s… umm… well, sir, that other company, they…” EunHyuk hesitated.

“Other company? Which? Please be clear EunHyuk-ssi,” SiWon said, sitting back in his chair, not liking this a single bit.

“KiBum-ssi’s company, sir. They’ve already started building there,” EunHyuk managed to get out.

“And you choose to tell me this now?” SiWon asked.

“Sir, I just got the news now. They’ve bought the land over our name since it wasn’t registered yet and they’ve began working on it,” EunHyuk informed him.

SiWon pushed his chair back, getting up and walking to the window. He stood there for a minute before slamming his fist into the windowpanes in an unusual show of anger. They shook beneath the force, and EunHyuk could see already this would not end well for KiBum-ssi’s company.

“He knew, damn it. That fool, does he really think he can beat me?” SiWon muttered beneath his breath, staring out the window at the busy streets below them.

“Sir, what should I do?” EunHyuk asked form behind him. SiWon turned around to meet his secretary’s cowering eyes, and plastered a tight smile on his face.

“Nothing, EunHyuk-ssi. You may go, thank you,” SiWon told him, turning back to watch outside, already forming a plan in his head.

“Sir, I-”

“I said go, EunHyuk-ssi. Please leave.”

SiWon observed the people scurrying around on the streets below him, and began wondering how he would make his plan work. It would require a lot of skill, something he was sure he possessed. But getting the other party to be caught in his trap… was something quite far off. If it worked, he would win. Winning was the most important thing. Always.

He picked up his jacket from the back of his chair and slipped it on. Buttoning it, he took his briefcase in one hand and his phone in the other. EunHyuk bowed as he stepped out of his office, and he smiled in return, walking to the basement and starting his car.

He got to the land location in less than ten minutes, pulling right in front the main building and was not surprised to find Kim KiBum standing there himself, directing his workers on the building. Already, a part of the building had been constructed.

SiWon had never met him before, but had contacted him through phone calls. He knew all about Kim KiBum from reading his file repeatedly.

SiWon got out of the car, observing the calm way KiBum gave orders, and envying the way his workers actually seemed to like him. All of SiWon's workers seemed to hate him, but they kept it to themselves. They knew he could fire them with one word.

KiBum was currently pointing to something, as though envisioning, and then pointed to something on a paper he was holding in his hand. After, he smiled to a messy headed worker and gave him the papers. SiWon felt his envy grow.

“Kim KiBum.” Someone was blocking SiWon's view of his opponent, and he shifted from where he had been leaning on the hood of his Ferrari to keep him in sight. KiBum turned around to greet the man, and his eyes met SiWon’s. He nodded and spoke a few words to the man in front him, and then waked around said man to stand in front SiWon.

“I’m sorry, but do I know you?” KiBum asked, looking at SiWon curiously. A small smile was on his face, making him look very pleasant.

“No, you don’t,” SiWon told him, his own eyes cold even as he mimicked the smile.

“Okay. I’m Kim KiBum. What are you doing on my land?” KiBum said, holding out a hand to SiWon. SiWon looked at the hand scornfully, and something about his expression made KiBum reach out with his other hand and put SiWon's hand in his own, shaking it firmly as SiWon tried to control his expression.

“I know you. You’re that guy, Choi SiWon.”

How dare he do something like that? SiWon pulled his hand roughly out of KiBum’s, wiping it on his pants and folding his arms in front of him.

“You’re on my land,” SiWon told him matter of fact, holding up the documentation.

“Actually, I bought this today, and since it was in the original owner’s name, it’s perfectly legal to do so,” KiBum told him, and SiWon finally saw why this man was his opponent and no one else. KiBum’s eyes went ice cold, making SiWon want to back off, but he stood his ground.

“See, this is why you should take care of your documentation when you have the chance. That is, do immediately,” KiBum said, looking unconcerned. The cold look was gone from his face, replaced by the previous pleasant smile. He took a look at the briefcase and the documentation SiWon held, and took it from SiWon's hand.

“This land is mine, and unlike you, I plan to keep it that way. You’ll have to try harder,” KiBum told him, ripping the documentation into little pieces and sticking it into SiWon's top jacket pocket.

“I will win.”

SiWon was about to walk away when he remembered his original plan. Make the opponent fall for him. It had worked all the times before, but then, he had always had a certain affliction toward men.

“Why don’t we do this in a more civil place some other time?” SiWon offered, making a little realer smile grace his lips.

“Why not?” KiBum said, holding out a square of paper. SiWon took it and stuck it into his pants pocket. He got into his car and drove off, his heart burning from the meeting with his emeny.

He would win.

 

Birthday chapter for everyone :D Hope you enjoy it, and my other four fanfic updates :D I love you all :D Happy Birthday to me :D

MaeRi~