Broken Promises

Making Bets

Chunji

“You’ve got to be kidding me” I huffed at the ludicrous request. The blond only chuckled at my statement.

“I’m dead serious. You lost the bet, next time don’t bet.” My best friend of six years said barely containing the smug look I knew he had hidden under that smile.

“L’joe, there’s no way I’m doing that, so just forget it.” I huffed out and watched his expression darken.

“The one time you lose a bet you back out. Every time I lose, you have me do something outlandish. Last time I had to kiss Niel. You made me kiss NIEL, after we’d lost that bet with you. I think what I’m asking pales in comparison. Cap almost had my for that.” He ranted clearly angry, but at this point I could care less. I wasn’t doing it.

“L’joe all you want I’m not doing it.” I said with finality.

I should have never bet him with music involved, but he said he had a crush on someone. I knew the only way he would tell me is if he lost in a bet, he’s too stubborn to back out. I usually never lose and the one time I do he makes sure to get me back for all the I’ve done to him.

“That’s your final answer?” He asked his tone so serious I almost, almost gave in.

“Yes, I’m not doing it L’joe.” He walked away after that. I really pissed him off this time. Oh well, he’ll get over it.

I headed to class after that enjoying the rest of my day. When I got home I texted L’joe to see what he was up to. I waited an hour but he never answered. I tried calling, but my calls were blocked. He can’t be giving me the silent treatment. Really! Over a stupid bet, that big baby.

The next day at school was no different. L’joe completely ignored me it was like I didn’t exist. I pretended that it didn’t bother me but after the first few days I gave in and went to Niel. If anything he would know what was wrong. Besides me he was the closest to L’joe.

“Niel come on tell me what's wrong.” I whined as we at our lunch.

“You pabo. You honestly don’t know why he’s mad? You can’t be that thick.” He said rambling on. Getting annoyed I swatted his arm.

“Shut up Niel. So I flaked on one lousy bet. He shouldn’t be this mad.” I exclaimed earning a deep eye roll.

“It’s not just the bet Chunji. You pull on him like this all the time. I’m surprised he hasn’t stopped talking to you long before this.” Niel admitted rubbing the side of his temples. I looked at him confused but before I could say anything he continued.

“You never keep your promises. You said you’d bail him out of detention week before last, since you were the one to get him in trouble. Or the time Cap and I ask him to go to the movies with us but he didn’t want to feel like a third wheel and asked you promised to come even though it was a horror movie. Flaked then to, and yet he never says anything.” I opened my mouth to argue but was cut off.

“Ah… I’m so not finished. You asked so sit there and listen.” He snapped pointing a boney finger at me. “You flake on him and let’s not forget the bets oh the bets. First off he only makes them with you because you like them so much. Second the you have him do is insane.” I huffed at his statement.

“They are not” he face palmed. Hard.

“Really? Not that bad? You made him jump into the pool in front of everyone. Let’s not forget the cherry topper. I don’t even have to say it. You know exactly what I’m talking about, and as much as you like to laugh about it Cap really did almost break his face.” I sighed when he didn’t make a motion to speak again.

It took a minuet for his words to really speak in. When he puts it like that. I’m a . I never really thought about what I do to him. I so much because he so cute when flustered. I never thought about how he really feels. He’s always been there and never said anything to me. Great way to treat your crush Chunji just great.

“I” I started,

“You like him” My jaw dropped. How did her know?

“How”

“He likes you to” I’m pretty sure my face was on the floor at this point.

“But,” I tried again wanting to know if L’joe told him and he cut me off again.

“He told me, so just go make up. Don’t screw it up either, I’m sick of L’joe moping around because he mad at you.” Niel said as he started to walk away. “You know you’re a black hole” he said looking back at me with a smirk.

“BRAT!” I called after him.

“Love you too” he called back.

 

L’joe

“Are you still giving Chunji the silent treatment?” My friend Changjo asked me as he sat next to me on the steps.

“Yes, I’ve had enough” I admitted looking at the clock on my phone, only a few more minutes.

“You know it might help if you just confessed, the teasing would be nearly as bad if you guys were dating.” I rolled my eyes at his blunt comment.

“You’ve been talking to Niel, haven’t you?” Changjo nodded and I ran my fingers through my hair to try and stave of my aggravation. “Can we just change the subject?”

“Fine. Did you hear about the new girl in you class. They say she’s really beautiful.” I quirked an eyebrow at his words. A new girl.

“No, I didn’t maybe I’ll see her later.” I said and looked at my phone again.

“I want to see he-” Changjo stopped abruptly and I looked at him. He mouth was hanging open, completely shocked by something. I followed his eye line.

“What the…” I think my heart skipped a beat as my eyes landed on a skirt clad Chunji.

He did it. He actually did it. Chunji was in full drag. He had on a long brown wig, a ruffle top, a pencil skirt and even the heals to match. He even had on makeup, lip gloss and all. I continued to stair in disbelief.

“He-hey L’joe” Chunji said in a small voice.

“You kept your promise.” I said still not fully believing my eyes.

“If I lost I had to dress up like a girl and come to school. That was the bet. It’s about time I started keeping my promises.” He explained as I stood up and looked him up and down. “I-I really like you L’joe. Like, like you and I wanna stat over. Is there any way you’ll take me back?” I shook my head and his head dropped.

“Actually if you agree to let me take you on a date, yeah I’ll forgive you.” His head shot up and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Yes, definitely yes."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Okay so it's a bit rushed. I hope it's not too bad.

 

This is for my friend to make her feel better after loosing her dog yesterday.

 

Saranghaeyo SARAPBUHAY tumblr_m27nblBCM11rtu5cno1_500.gif