The Pretension

Remember Not To Remember
“How could my sister be here?” he asked Jong Kook. “Well, she was trying to give the food --” Jong Kook halted as he thought of So Eun bringing the packed lunch. “But she's So Eun's fan, and she gave it to So Eun. It's weird.” he said looking away from Joong Ki, so he didn't see the worried look on the man's face. Song Joong Ki had just lied to him earlier, but he wasn't aware of it. He looked back at Joong Ki as he said, “I want to see your sister's restaurant. We can use it for production. That will be a great save.” Joong Ki, who is nervous deep inside, smiled at him. “Sure.” he answered without even blinking. “Cool.” he commented as the both men noticed So Eun approaching them on the waiting area. 
 
“So Eun-ah, tomorrow, we'll be eating at Joong Ki's sister's restaurant.” Jong Kook told So Eun. So Eun looked confused. “Why?” she asked. “I ate the food with him a while ago, and somehow I wanted to eat more.” he told his sister. “Wait a moment. You ate the food that was given to me?” So Eun asked him. “Yeah, I did. And Joong Ki ate, too.” he said pointing his thumb at Joong Ki's direction. “Oppa!” yelled So Eun. “I wanted to eat that food, too. Why did you guys eat it? It was meant for me to eat.” said So Eun who's tantrums are showing. Jong Kook looked at Joong Ki. “Ya! So Eun-ah. If that food was poisoned, does that mean you're meant to die?” asked Jong Kook which made So Eun changed her mood. 
 
She knows his older brother is being protective of her again. “I just want to taste it. Even for just one bite.” she said softly. Her brother smiled at her. “That's why I left two rolls of gimbap for you. Hurry and eat. They taste really good.” he said. So Eun looked at her brother. It's unusual for him to commend how a food taste, so hearing him talking about food again made her smile. She ate one roll and her eyes became teary. “Why?” Jong Kook asked in a concern manner. “It tastes like Mom's.” she answered. Jong Kook smiled at her. “That's what crossed my mind, too, when I grabbed a bite.” 
 
The long day has been finished. It's her time to go home. She bid goodbye to her manager, but her manager stopped her from leaving. “Song Ji Hyo - “ called by her manager. “Yes, manager?” she asked. “You can call me by my name already, your shift is already done.” he said. She smiled at how kind the man in front of him is, but she shook her head. “You're still my boss even though my shift is done. It doesn't change a thing.” she answered with a smile. She bowed at her manager and turned around when she confirmed that he doesn't have anything to say to her. “Then, let's change it.” he shouted. 
 
She stopped walking away when she heard what he said. She looked back at the man who is standing outside his own restaurant. “I have been wanting to hear you call my name for a long time. At first, I didn't know why I've been dying to hear you say my name, but I've been dying for so many times already whenever you call me Manager.. or your boss. I want our relationship to change. Not just an employer-employee but something else. Something much special. Something really really special.” he told her. The people who are passing by can hear what's the man in front of her is saying, and it made her blushed when a lot of women swooned over the handsome man's confession. 
 
“I – “ her answer was cut when her manager bowed at her lightly. “Don't answer me now, yet. I'm afraid your answer might affect me while on shift. Have some time to think it over. I'll be waiting.” he told her as he bowed again. He went inside the restaurant just after the bow. Her surprised look was really priceless. A man just confessed to her, but the man chose to go inside before she could even give her answer. She smiled a little when she remembered the confession. She looked around and saw the many people looking at her, anticipating her reaction. She bowed at them and quickly turned around. 
 
She's now in front of their mini house and she saw that the light has been . It simply means that Joong Ki is already home. She opened the door and shouted, “Joong Ki-yah, Noona is here. Where are you?” She wandered around their small house, but Joong Ki wasn't there. “Joong Ki-yah?” she asked outside the room of her younger brother, but there was no answer. She saw the terrace, and looked around. She saw Joong Ki staring at the sky while drinking a bottle of soju. She hurriedly ran towards him and asked, “Ya! What's the matter? Did something happen to you while you're on shoot?” 
 
Joong Ki looked at her and slowly put his head on her shoulder. “Noona, I'm sorry.” he said softly. Ji Hyo was surprised. “Huh? Sorry? What are you sorry for?” she asked continuously. Joong Ki didn't answer her. “Is it about your role? Were you dropped?” she asked again. “It's okay, Joong Ki-yah. You don't need to be a star though. For me, you are my priceless superstar.” she said to cheer him up even without knowing what's the cause of the sudden sadness of Joong Ki. “Noona, I'll be the partner of Kim So Eun on that drama, so I was not dropped, and I won't be dropped. They all like me there.” he said. 
 
“What's the matter?” she asked again with a soft yet pressed tone. “I lied.” he answered. “I lied about you, Noona. - “ he stopped. “I lied about us.” he continued. Ji Hyo's forehead scrunched as she tried to absorb what Joong Ki told her. “I said that we are living a good life. And that we aren't poor. And that you are a restaurant owner.” Joong Ki told her again making her face blank. “Why did you do that?” she asked. “It's the only chance that we have to be happy, so I grabbed it, but I had to lie in order for me to grasp the chance.” he answered sadly and softly. “I'm sorry, Noona. I'm really sorry.” he added. 
 
“Are you sure that you'll be happy with this?” she asked her younger brother who is now freshened up. Joong Ki nodded at her. "Does that Kim So Eun really make you be like this? Do you really want to be close to her like this?" she asked again. She's torn between granting his request and telling him that telling the truth would be much better, but when it comes to her younger brother whom she loves the most more than anyone else, she knows that she'll easily surrender. "Then, what do you want to do?" she asked. 
 
She breathes in and out as she contemplates on how she can ask her manager to let her pretend that she's the owner of the restaurant for a night. She knows her manager just confessed to her, and she doesn't want him to think that she's an opportunist. Just as she was about to go inside the restaurant, her manager stood up smiling before her. She inhaled and told him everything she wanted to say for the sake of Joong Ki. Her manager looked at her and said, "I will allow you to, but there's a condition." he said. "What is it?" she asked gratefully. "Call me by my name." he answered. She nodded with a smile and said, "Okay, okay. I will. Thank you so much - " she stopped when she saw him anticipating her next words. "Park Yoochun."