The Audition

Remember Not To Remember
 
The bell rang, so it is time for the smartest guy in the university to go home. Just as he was about to step out of the classroom, his friend called him. "Joong Ki, come here for a while." his tall friend, whose name is Lee Kwang Soo, asked him. He looked at Kwang Soo and asked, "Why?". "Just for a while." Kwang Soo pleaded. He smiled at his friend and went over to see what he's talking about. His eyes grew wider as he saw what Kwang Soo showed him on his mobile phone. "Is this true?" he asked trying to confirm what he's seeing. 
 
"It's true. They will hold an audition for a new star tomorrow. They will cast the winner of the audition on the spot." Kwang Soo answered him thinking that he's concerned about the audition of becoming the next Korean superstar. "If the winner will be casted, he'll be one of the leading men of Kim So Eun? The famous young actress?" he asked. Kwang Soo looked confused with what he asked. "You're more concerned of the prize than concerning on how to audition first?" his tall friend, who's also his best buddy, asked in disbelief. 
 
"Ya! Where are you going?" asked Kwang Soo as Joong Ki stepped out of the room with his phone on his hand. Kwang Soo was panting when he reached where Joong Ki went. He wandered his eyes and find themselves in a clothes shop. "Ya! Kwang Soo-yah, please lend me some money. I need to buy clothes for tomorrow's audition." he pleaded. Kwang Soo, who's capable of lending him money, granted his request. "Thank you, Kwang Soo-yah. When I get famous, I will pay you." he said with a smile. "Ya! You can pay me next time, don't need to pay me tomorrow." Kwang Soo replied that made Joong Ki felt so touched, so he smiled. 
 
Joong Ki and Kwang Soo went to a restaurant afterwards. It is still afternoon, so they decided to  go to a usual place. "Good afternoon, Sir." greeted by a familiar woman as the woman bowed in front of them. When the woman was able to finish the bow, her eyes grew bigger. The two men smiled at her cutely making her sigh. "Noona, when will you be off?" Joong Ki asked through a whisper. "Soon." the restaurant's head Song Ji Hyo answered her younger brother with a smile while she whispered. "Go and eat first." she told him. 
 
Kwang Soo ordered food as usual. "Ya! Why did you order so many? Noona's gonna be off soon. You know she can't eat with us, right?" scolded Joong Ki. "Then, that's why you should help me finish these off quickly." Kwang Soo answered with a kind smile. Joong Ki sighed as he once again witnessed how kind Kwang Soo is. The two of them are so different. He's the best of the class while Kwang Soo's the least. He's poor while Kwang Soo's rich. He only has a sister while Kwang Soo has a lot of family members. "Why?" Kwang Soo asked all of a sudden.
 
"Are you by any chance trying to compare us again?" asked Kwang Soo. "N-no." he replied. "That's good. I don't want the difference of our status to be a factor on our friendship. You know that you're the only friend I have, and I would really hate if you'll hate me because of this." his best buddy said and he knew what he was referring to. "I know. Thank you." he thanked Kwang Soo sincerely. "Joong Ki-yah, can we stop being friends though?" asked Kwang Soo. He was surprised to hear what Kwang Soo asked, so he asked as he scopped a rice, "Why?" The tall man smiled at him as he said, "I want us to be brothers-in-law."
 
He was surprised to hear his answer more, so the rice that he put on his mouth sprawled all over Kwang Soo's face. "Oh, I'm sorry." he said. "Next time, please don't say ridiculuous things." he told him as he laughed at his friend's funny face. Kwang Soo is all sport, so he laughed as well. Little do they know that another person is proudly smiling while looking at them. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi." The person, who was called, was surprised to hear the familiar voice. "Y-yes, Manager?" she asked her kind-hearted manager who's also the owner of the restaurnat. "Your shift is done." said he that made her smile nicely. 
 
Joong Ki tapped Kwang Soo as he noticed his older sister waved at them. "Come on, Kwang Soo. Noona's done." he said as he stood up. Kwang Soo, who hasn't finished eating yet, didn't have any choice but to follow Joong Ki. Ji Hyo is now waiting outside. When Joong Ki appeared in front of her, she put her arms on his waist. "How's my brother today?" she asked happily. "I did well today, Noona." Joong Ki answered. "I'm not surprised. You always do well." she said as she tapped his back from holding his waist. "Me, too. Me, too." Kwang Soo said as he tried to put his head on where Ji Hyo's hand is. "Ya!" Joong Ki yelled with a laugh. 
 
The three of them reached the Song's mini rented house. Kwang Soo, who is living in a very big place, didn't seem to dislike their place. In fact, he was the first one to go inside their house. "Joong Ki-yah, you're really good at choosing friends. Kwang Soo really has a good heart." she said commending her younger brother. "Except that he went in first." she said as she smiled at Joong Ki. She prepared a meal for the three of them even though the young men already ate in the restaurant where she's working. "Eat again." she said. 
 
The day has finally come. Joong Ki has mentioned this audition to her older sister yesterday. This audition is looking for someone who can play the role of one of main leads with the famous young actress Kim So Eun. Ever since he was young, he has been wishing to be close to the said actress. It was his turn to be introduced to the judges. He looked at the audience seat and saw his best friend. He looked back at the judges' seats and saw three well-known faces: Yu Jae Suk, Kim Jong Kook, and the last one who made his heart beats fastly, Kim So Eun. His heart was still pounding when a soft voice of a man was heard, "What's your name?"