Be Mine

A Man in Love

Will you fight, will you hurt again.

In an endless ring of hurt, it’s always a quiet war.

 

This is weird Hyukjae but even during my parents divorce I was able to function like a normal person thanks to you.  It was hard, don’t get me wrong having your mother just leave your life because of your ual preferences did take its toll on me.  But everyday you were there, by my side you did your best to make me smile.  I actually became a happier person, now, I only had one secret from you.  Until Jieun came along.   I wanted to become possessive to make you exclusively mine and to bind you to me. To not only ensure I was always your favourite person but to also make you for  you to be by my side for the rest of eternity.  I wanted to fight for your heart, for my place in your heart.  But you don’t even know how I feel and I’m scared to tell you how I feel. So I’m left fighting silently for something I’ll never have.

 

Donghae sat in the centre of the clubroom tapping his foot with nervousness; he was impatiently waiting for the team to turn up for practise.  It had been nearly a year since his parent had separated and well nothing had changed.  Well, apart from the fact that suddenly they were going to put that idea for an infinite cover group idea in proper motion.  What was there plan? Appear on a new national television show and hopefully gain enough attention to be casted into a talent agency.  The only problem was that so far they’d been covering Infinite as six members so far on their youtube covers, which had gained some popularity but obviously not enough.  Hyukjae insisted that in order to have a chance on the show they should really have 7 members.  Donghae remembered their argument and the audition process too well.

 

“I don’t know Hyukjae, I’m not sure of this as much as it would be nice to have seven members, wouldn’t hurt to just continue with six, I don’t mind covering both Hoya and Sungyeol.”

“Donghae we need to find a vocalist, you’re an okay singer but it doesn’t distract from the fact it would be nice to have another strong singer. They always say that on our covers on youtube, you know this!”

“Kyrstal and Kyuhyun are just fine.  They are great singers I don’t see why we need to be pressured into getting another one.” Donghae insisted.

“Look Donghae all those years ago I made a promise to you that we were going to do this, is it bad I just want to do it right.”

“I know , I know.

“Great.” Hyukjae slapped him on the shoulder, “Let’s invite the potential members in.”  So they sat in the room, person after person came in and each one was more terrible than the next.

Hyukjae this is stupid, these are all amateurs.” Donghae nearly sobbed after having to endure the most terrible cover of Girl’s Generations Gee (seriously instead of Gee the student sounded like he was saying Pee!)

“Just wait she hasn’t come in yet.”

“She?”

“Yeah, Jieun! She’s in the same class as us I think I told her ab I saw her sing the other day in music class and I invited her to auditions.”

“Hyukjae, knowing you she is just a pretty face, even if she can sing she has to be able to dance as well.”

“Oh and Kyuhyun can dance?”

“That’s not my point Hyukjae, we need someone that is well rounded.  Besides, Kyuhyun is a friend so that makes up for his faults.”

“That, and he listens to your every whim because he’s got a massive crush on you! You just want another hot guy in the group!”

“No I don’t.” Donghae seethed.  He couldn’t help but wonder why Hyukjae had been so insistent on Jieun.  They did need a final member a good singer but he wasn’t going to cave to Hyukjae’s insistences much longer.  Donghae tried to think about it, she did have a beautiful voice.  He shook his head; no girl like her didn’t go for guys like Hyukjae.  He should be safe.  He was at his wits end, of course he didn’t want a pretty girl the Hyukjae could be interested in the group. He was pretty sure he’s end up in some kind of mental asylum from how crazy he would go.

“C’mon just watch her~”

 

“Lee Donghae!”  Donghae jolted upright at the sound. 

“What Kyuhyun?” He said a little confused as to why Kyuhyun looked so excited, it was rare for the taller to display any readable emotion whatsoever.  Normally, he was just a cool mask of arrogance but at the moment, his face was full of animation.

“I got Yesung to speak to me don’t you believe? He actually gave me more than a yes no answer.  Can you believe it Donghae he can actually sing?  By God he has the most amazing voice I don’t know why he hasn’t sung before-”

“Nice to know Cho.  I don’t honestly care at this point.” Donghae grumbled still in a bad mood from his earlier thoughts.

“What’s bugging you Donghae?  Normally when we are talking about the cover group you are over the moon.”

“I think Hyukjae has a new crush and we both know how the last one turned out.”  Kyuhyun stared at him incredulously.

“There is no way that she’d like him back you generally do a good job scaring them away.”

“I don’t do it on purpose Kyuhyun.”

“Oh so when you told Yesung to stare at Hyohyun none stop while she hung out with us it was not an attempt to get her away from Hyukjae.  You also kept surrogating her by saying all the inside jokes possible and you did accidently slip once causing her clothes to get wet.  I’d say you’re the vindictive jealous type if I didn’t know any better.”

“That was different she insulted my dancing!”

“She had every right to since you like making up your own moves.”

“It’s called making them my own!” Donghae pouted.

“Can you two just shut up!  As much as it is entertaining for Kyuhyun not to be at your every whim Hae we have business to attend to.”  The arguing friend turned around to see Hyukjae and Jieun standing at the door. “I was thinking Jieun can see rehearsal since she was the best candidate”

“Yesung is very keen on the idea of auditioning too I forgot to tell you! In fact he can sing better than Kyuhyun.”  Donghae bluffed.

“I don’t believe you.” Eunhyuk deadpanned. “He has never even opened his mouth to sing before.”

“He does you know.” Kyuhyun said.  “Think he was just a bit shy.”

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” Hyukjae scoffed.

“Look Kyuhyun is actually complimenting someone for once, why don’t we get Yesung to sing-“

“Wait, have you even heard Yesung sing before?” Eunhyuk said with disbelief.

“I trust Kyuhyun’s judgement.”

“So you trust Kyuhyun more than me now?”

“Yesung has sat in every single practice session we’ve ever had, forgive me if I have preference on him.” Donghae growled.

“Well I’m sorry Jieun Donghae isn’t normally a close minded bastard.  He just prefers to be in the company of those that worship the ground he is standing on.”

“You take that back Hyukjae.”  Donghae said tears forming in his eyes.  That’s because Hyukjae couldn’t be further from the truth.  He didn’t want more hot guys or his friend he selfishly didn’t want Hyukjae to have another person he could dub as his favourite person.

“How about no.  I’m your best friend Donghae I don’t have to listen to everything you say-“  I resounding crack resounded through the studio.  Donghae looked at horror as he saw Hyukjae on the ground.  Not a sound could be heard in the room except for Kyuhyun’s clapping.  Donghae stared at his fist in horror.  He’d just punched Hyukjae.

 


Author's NT

wow that was an incredibly short chapter, in fact I think it's the shortest I have ever written XD I just felt the need to post this to get the ball rolling for myself~ The next one should be up tommorow

n_n

Stay tuned ~ thanks for reading