What is love

Nothing more to it

How dare Lee Donghae waltz in and casually extend a peace offering as though there was nothing actually wrong?

 

To say she was angry was an understatement. The American Chinese girl had struggled to keep her composure during the photoshoot even though she had been on the edge. Amber had been careful to keep her distance from her ex-boyfriend - she had not been any closer than three feet around him since the break up.

 

Normally, Amber was an afterthought in the photoshoot concept, a fifth wheel slotted in whether there was an extra space. Due to her less feminine demeanor, the rapper was sometimes dropped completely from certain pictures that only featured the other four f(x) members. This wasn’t unusual and she wasn’t looking to change it. Except, Murphy’s Law had it that she had to pose next to the last person she wanted to stand next to.

 

Despite her valiant attempts to follow all instruction from the photographer, Victoria still gave her a talking to after the shoot finally wrapped up.

 

Don’t sulk, you have to act professional, no matter what happens - insisted the leader. Amber’s protest that she had conducted herself well was ignored. After she had been suitably chastised by Victoria, let’s just say Donghae’s suggestion of a truce was in good timing. Though she was itching to throw something hard at him, the rapper ended up easily agreeing to his request. When he asked whether they could be friends again, she had been incredulous and didn’t hold back tossing a few barbed remarks his way.

 

She stormed out of the changing room and refused to speak to any of her group members. Eventually the American Chinese would have to tell Victoria that she and Donghae had come to an agreement. But right now, Amber couldn’t pretend that she wasn’t upset.

 

The other f(x) girls avoided asking any questions, although they were dying to know what happened. The social butterfly was rarely less than happily hyper, she had managed to somewhat keep up appearances even after her breakup with their sunbae. Except this time, they could smell dynamite.

 

Amber Liu was fuming mad.

 

No one raised any objections when she asked their manager to drop off her off at the gym. Stabbing the plus button with her finger, she imagined the treadmill screen was Lee Donghae’s face.

 

Whatever possessed her to kiss that ing idiot long time ago? If there had been any sign that falling in love with a fellow colleague would end up in disaster, she would have kept her lips to herself and shut. For some reason, this Super Junior senior had taken a particular interest to only the tomboy rapper amongst all the rest of the f(x) members. Besides the SHINee boys and the other trainees, she also found herself gravitating towards the dancer-singer.

 

Then, Donghae was a man compared to the rest of them boys.

 

The maturity he possessed was a calm presence the foreigner sought amidst the scary new world she had dived headfirst into. All the stress from training and the practices flew away whenever she sat quietly next to the man.

 

The manner he picked her out - be it in private or on stage - was flattering and even though she did hang out with the other boys like buddies, Donghae made her feel special.

 

Acting on her feelings, the f(x) rapper had no expectations when the f(x) rapper reached over one night after a Super Show concert and kissed her sunbae square on the lips. The American had a straight forward approach when it came to acting on her feelings - she would deal with rejection whenever it came along.

 

Except Donghae had swept her into his arms and kissed her back hard.

 

The new couple had a good thing going on. Two of them could barely keep their hands off each other when they were alone. The outgoing Amber was the perfect fit for the quieter Super Junior member in public.

 

F(x) had been in the middle of the "Electric Shock" comeback and Donghae filming Ms Panda and Mr Hedgehog when all the trouble started. Both of them had no time for rest, let alone each other.

 

And when she finally caught him alone, after her messages and calls had gone unreplied for more than a week, the older man simply suggested a breakup with a straight face. After she had pushed him for a reason why he wanted to end their relationship, he caved in and all his unsaid grouses erupted to the surface.

 

Amber had felt like she had been slapped. She had believed that he loved her just the way she was, he had been her first real proper serious boyfriend. But she had been wrong and he had given up on them for a petty reason - she was way too close for comfort with the rest of the guys.

 

Back then, when he walked away after everything, Amber had simply accepted it. This unhappiness had been brewing inside of Donghae for so long and nothing she did would help. There was no way she could stop interacting with the boys. The American couldn't tell her members about how she felt. Only Min from Miss A who reasoned that Amber was in her prime and should not be tied down anyway.

 

She might as well make use of her popularity with the opposite before it expired - trust Min to see the silver lining of each cloud.

 

Fast forward to present day and normally the easy going girl wasn't that vindictive. But when Donghae dared to show his face after such a pressurising shoot, she wanted to hurt him bad. Friends? Was Lee Donghae mad?

 

So the girl tosses out the secret that he had been hiding - one he didn't know his ex-girlfriend was privvy to. Funny, when she found out he had a one-night-stand with an actress weeks after their breakup, she had not been that upset. She was familiar with Donghae's character - he was not the unfaithful sort. To be fair, they had been officially over. On the other hand, she was aware how shooting him like that would be unhanded.

 

Amber hated that Donghae had made her act out of character like this. The rapper really needed to get a grip on herself.

 

So concentrated the rapper was on pounding on the treadmill belt along to the music blasting through her earphones that she didn’t feel the tap on the shoulder at first.

 

A more forceful smack forced Amber to snap to attention.

 

Sehun stood by the machine, with an awkward smile.

 

Pressing the “stop” button, the girl couldn’t resist chuckling as the treadmill came to a stop. She couldn’t get over how the EXO maknae had literally grown up right before her eyes, from a shy squint into a fine male specimen. Hence, her answer to Ryeowook on the radio the other day. Working in the entertainment industry with both natural and artificial beauty, warped her sense of the aesthetics of the world.

 

“‘Sup Sehunnie?”


ing a towel and water bottle towards the rapper, the boy blurted out, “Noona, will you go out on a date with me?”