The boys

Nothing more to it

One minute she was wandering happily along the corridor and the next, a hand came out of nowhere to grab her arm. Before the f(x) member could register, the girl was dragged into one of the practice rooms.

 

Inside, it was dark. Her kidnapper’s cologne was familiar and so was the outline of his coif.

 

“What the …”

 

Before the still surprised girl could complete her sentence, Luhan put his lips on hers without much hesitation. Instead of struggling, Amber relaxed as she responded to the kiss, his hands moving to hold her lower back.

 

This physical attention was exactly what the rapper had been craving and as she pressed her body against his, the kiss increasing in intensity, the sparks continued to fly.

 

At the back of her mind, she wondered how far they would go this time.

 

Finally, they broke away for air. The Exo-M singer held Amber against the wall while he continued to send shivery sensations down her spine, moving his lips along the nape of her neck. Still careful not to leave any hickeys, even though he was dying to mark her.

 

“Take off your shirt,” Amber murmured, her eyes fluttering open and close, allowing all her deep seated urges to wash over her - forgetting that they were still in the SM building.

 

“Not now,” Luhan may have a baby face, however the girl had the opportunity to be acquainted with another side of him - one that was dangerously y.

 

“Why not?”

 

This flirtation had started off out of the blue. As everyone - including the fangirls - knew, Amber was the first person to speak to Luhan when he entered the SM building. Along the way, she had gotten friendly with Exo as a whole. The dongsaengs were still respectful - the rapper was their Super Junior sunbae’s girlfriend - although sometimes they forgot. Amber Liu had a disarming charm that the Beijing native actually found very attractive, although that was something he had kept to himself.

 

When news of their breakup spread in the beginning of the year, in an instant, Amber was free for all.

 

The sudden confessions that had come in after Donghae and herself called it quits had surprised her. Actually, she had not been all that clueless. It was easier to act dumb and move away innocently when one of the male artists got too close for comfort. For all her efforts, she had expect her boyfriend - or rather ex - to be understanding. After all, the f(x) rapper had always been one of the boys.

 

This newfound freedom meant that she didn’t have to think twice about hanging out with her guy friends. The day Minho confessed that he had always had a crush on her, Amber was torn. She didn’t know whether the soft spot she had for the Shinee member sprouted out of more than friendship. Yes, she had always thought the doe-eyed boy was good looking - although Lee Donghae had always came in first place. But she also was well aware of how the serious the boy could be. After coming out of the relationship, she had told herself that she was going to enjoy being single and it was quite certain that Minho was not gunning for something casual. Plus, a certain Mr Lee would go berserk if she started dating the other rapper. Donghae had been suspicious of their friendship and the last thing she was wanted was to put a strain on the two males’ friendship.

 

“I am halfway through practice. I have to go back soon,” muttered Luhan before returning his full attention to her lips.

 

Their tongues fought for dominance but before a winner could be decided, Amber moved her head away.

 

“You have to stop teasing me like this,” insisted the rapper. When would they go all the way? This ual frustration was killing her.

 

One evening when Amber was over at the Exo dorm, her foot had accidentally brushed against Luhan’s under the table. At first, the boy’s face gave no indication of being bothered when they started to play footsie throughout the dinner, even with the rest of the group fawning over the newly single girl. Through the evening, they played a game - a sneaky touch of hands, a more than friendly palm on the other’s thigh - a game that Luhan and Amber continued to this day.

 

The tension culminated in a torrid makeup session in the common stairwell. When a dizzy Luhan suggested he sneak the girl back into his room, Amber declined - and regretted it.

 

“I’ll come over to your place once today’s practice ends,” promised the Exo-M singer.

 

Both of them rode high on the excitement of a secret lover and any opportunity they had, they would hold hands, steal a kiss, or even launch into a rendezvous like this. As thrilling as it was, someone or something would inevidently block them. Once Jongin walked into them making out in an empty dance studio. Luckily the lead dancer of Exo had been absorbed in the song he was listening to on his iPod and the duo had managed to pull away from each other in time. In the case of the very first night, it was the possibility of Yixing discovering the rapper in his roommate’s bed.

 

“No. I’ll go to your dorm.”

 

Amber didn’t want to fall in love with Luhan. She liked him, a whole deal. But after the ruined relationship with Donghae, she didn’t want to risk losing another friend. Luhan seemed to understand, after all, the cheeky bastard seemed more interested in attempting to remove her clothes than to discuss their relationship status.

 

She could feel the boy getting more aroused as she moved a hand near his crotch area.

 

“You can’t. Why did you have to say Sehun was husband material on Kiss the Radio?”

 

Her hand dropped and she looked up to give Luhan a stare. How could the man still look so cute when hot and bothered - Amber hoped he was not jealous. Ryeowook’s question had taken everyone in the room by surprise. Usually, the tomboy was glazed over when it came to ideal boyfriend questions. In her panic, she had made sure not to utter “Donghae” and simply threw up the name of the last person who had texted her.

 

“Well, I’ve always wanted to kiss the maknae. He’s a hottie.”

 

“Well, the poor boy is even more in love with you now. I won’t be able to steal you away with him clinging onto you if you come over.” Luhan didn’t want to know how brokenhearted the baby of Exo would be if he found out his respected hyung had been doing the unspeakable with his crush.

 

A laugh escaped her, only to have the man shut her up with another smooch.


Perhaps this was what she needed to mend her shattered heart - a no-strings attached romp.