I wanna dance

Nothing more to it

 

She was never going to admit it out loud but behind her poker face, she thought Donghae looked damn hot with his new blonde hair. Sure, the cropped undersides dyed a brown that contrasted with the white-blonde top did resemble a skunk in some ways but who was she kidding? Especially in the “I wanna dance” music video - in that white shirt ed until there and ripped jeans - Lee Donghae was just plain y.


“Hae oppa looks really skinny these days,” Sulli observed, playing with her hair while she watched the MTV - it was at that growing out length that was always in the way but not long enough to tie up yet.


Of course Victoria had her eyes glued to the screen, following every single move the duo made. Way before Kai and Lay, the original dancing king crowns belonged to Donghae and Eunhyuk. Actually, even if the EXO boys were technically on par with their Suju seniors, they couldn’t beat them when it came to charisma.  


Krystal agreed, “He needs to stop losing weight before he disappears.” She and Luna then turned around to look at the last girl in the room who had not said a thing about their seniors’ new music video.


“I don’t notice a difference.” Amber outrightly lied - the other girls wouldn’t be able to see through her blank expression anyway.


Sulli stared in Amber’s direction and frowned, although she half expected Amber’s lack of reaction. “Unnie, you stopped noticing oppa after you two broke up. Aren't you being a little too harsh?”


She didn’t want to argue with the other girl and since when did their sunbae's weight issues become their business?


Except she didn’t anticipate Luna’s sudden chimein. “Well, Victoria and Changmin broke up too and you don’t see them ignoring each other.”


Amber could feel some heat rising to her cheeks yet tried to remained composed when she spoke, “Look, we don’t ignore each other. We rarely have opportunities to hang out together anymore and let me finish Sul,” She wagged a finger at Sulli before continuing, “Maybe he was put on a diet. It’s not like he looks anorexic. Donghae has always been on the slim side.”


“Stop harassing Amber about her ex,” Finally pulling her gaze away from the screen when she heard her name being mentioned, the oldest gently changed the subject. “Anyway, did you see that wave that Eunhyuk oppa did with his arm?”


Victoria succeeded in diverting the rest of the f(x) members’ attention. The Youtube video was played once more from the start and Amber took the chance to escape to her room.


Flopping onto the bed, the supposed tomboy laid her head on the pillow and stared at the ceiling irritatedly. She was more annoyed with herself than the silly girls, even though she did want to thump both Sulli and Luna - it wouldn’t have hurt them to keep their mouths shut.


This is the first and the last time she would date someone in Kpop - how the hell was she supposed to get over Donghae when his face was splashed everywhere? She couldn’t even surf the web without Donghae’s name popping up as some random suggested search result. Everything just reminded her of the Super Junior member - she always knew that the universe was against her.


Luna was right - how did Victoria and Changmin maintain a friendship after calling it quits? Then again, they were still buddies - Amber tried not to think about catching the two of them in a compromising position last week.


Of course her mind then went back to how bloody y that Lee Donghae looked in the music video. Resisting the urge to scream - that would only bring the girls rushing to the room - Amber grabbed a nearby cushion to bury her face with.


She just needed to get some - a buddy sounded like a very good idea right now. It had been a long time, it wasn’t surprising for her to be this antsy - it was all very natural. After all, the last time had been … damn it, everything just led back to Donghae.


Amber Liu was definitely over dating anyone famous.