035

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

People come and go but some stayed. Some stayed because they care. Some stayed because you're important. If you'll enumerate every possible reasons to why a person chose to stay, you'll come up with only one reason.. LOVE.

 

"You sure with that?" Minwoo asked.

 

"I don't know." Jonghwan puffed a large amount of air. Hoping that it'll help remove the pain in his heart.

 

"You know. As much as how i feel glad that you finally realize that and as much as how i feel joyous with your decision, i also wanted to punch you right now. I mean you've gone all the way to where you are right now and then you finally decided to end it this way." Jonghwan looked at Minwoo and find the latter one glaring down at him.

 

"Yeah i know hyung. I made it up to here because as much as i wanted to continue, i.. i can't. The more i stay, the more i wanted to be with her, the more i see her with L.joe, the more i see her staring at L.joe the way i do to her.. the more i feel hurt the more i lose hope. If i don't stop this right now, i won't know what will happen to me and to her." Jonghwan choked as tears welled from his eyes. Minwoo looked at his dongsaeng, broken-hearted dongsaeng. It's been a long time since he'd seen Jonghwan crying. And every time he cried, ever since he met him, there will only be one reason.. Cha Jaewon. He knows it. All of them know it even though he isn't talking it out. And it isn't just 100% who notice it, but everyone in their school. And probably, the main reason to why Cha Jaewon always got bullied or why everyone hates her. Everyone else can see how Jonghwan can act very affectionate to Cha Jaewon. To how he will look at her with affectionate love. The only person who was oblivious to it is Cha Jaewon herself. How come this girl never realized his feelings towards her? Is she that stupid? Or does she know about it but chose to close her eyes and ignore his feelings?

 

Minwoo sighed and patted his dongsaeng's back for reassurance & support.

 

"Okay. Whatever you decide to do, just always keep in mind that i'm here. The other guys are here and if you need help, we'll be there with just one call, okay?" Minwoo wholeheartedly said and smiled at him before leaving him alone, giving him space and time to think.

 

 

Jonghwan sighed as he kicked another pebble that was on his way. He left earlier than he intended to. The noise and the crowd were making it hard for him to concentrate and decide. He remembered his friends' faces when he bade goodbye. Those smile and simple nod which makes him feel that they will be there no matter what decision he’ll choose.

 

"Those guys." Jonghwan smiled a bit. He was walking home. Hoping that night January breeze will help him to assort his mind. That he'll finally able to make up a decision. To settle these unsettled feelings.

 

He was nearing their house gates when his eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar figure lingering outside their house. Seeing that person should already make him stop on his tracks and run away again but he was taking steps by steps until he finally reached her crouching figure who was scrabbling something on the ground. He saw her lifting up her head and their eyes met. Jonghwan felt the spark he feels everytime their eyes will connect. I hope she feels it too. He sadly thought as his hands moved on its own and offered itself for her. He doesn't know why his body always betray his mind and as if his hypothalamus is located on his heart and not on the brain.

 

"Jo Jonghwan."

 

And with just a simple call of my name. With my name rolling off her tongue, her voice sounding like a melody which soothed my ears, and with a simple look in her eyes. With those things, with just those simple things Cha Jaewon made my heart explode. My feelings burst and that's when I finally realized that whatever happened, my heart will only belong to her. No matter how I feel so willing to turn away from her, I can't. I can't because my heart beats because of her. My feelings, my emotions will forever be locked inside a cage which I buried inside her heart long, long time ago. And I can't find a way to dig it out again and unlock myself and escape from the trap I set myself.

 

 

"Jaewonnie. It's been a long time!!! Why are you here?" Jonghwan's mother greeted her.

 

"Jong-"

 

"Jonghwan isn't home yet. Come inside. Are you going to wait for him?" Her mother offered her but she politely declined her offer.

 

"It's fine. I'll just wait for him outside." She smiled at Jonghwan's mother.

 

"Huh? But it's very cold out-"

 

"It's alright. I need to pass by a store anyways." She lied then bowed and waved goodbye. She didn't know why but she badly wanted to see Jonghwan. He was the only one she could ever think of ever since she got out of school.

 

I fished out my phone on the pocket of my bag. I texted my mother first saying that I'll be going home later than usual. After that, I scroll down my contacts and saw Jonghwan's number. Where must be this guy?  I waited. Waited for him to answer my call but he isn't picking up. Is he okay? I tried again but still no answer. I wonder what's going on with this kid again. This is the second time he ignored me. Did I do something again?

 

 

Jaewon sighed and began palming her cheeks. It's so cold outside and her body heat's starting to run out. She rubbed both of her palms and put it on her cheeks. She repeated it again and again..

 

It's already been an hour but still no shadows of Jonghwan. I picked up a stone that was lying on the ground and crouched down. I began to scrabble some words like my name, Jonghwan, etc. This made me remember that time when we were still in middle school. That moment when our other friends started to drift away from us. We were four before.. me, Jonghwan, Jongseob, and Raim.

 

"Babo! Do you really like him?" Raim asked Jaewon. They were sitting around the table while eating their lunch. Jonghwan wasn't there, he's sick.

 

"I think so." Jaewon smiled and started to think of him, Jo Jonghwan. No one knew exactly that she likes him except for Jongseob and Raim who always scold her for liking Jo Jonghwan.

 

"Jaewonnie there are so many boys out there. How come you like him?" Jongseob asked Jaewon. She shrugged and pushed back her eye glasses.

 

"I dunno i just realized it." She muttered lowly and blushed once she saw Jonghwan waving at them and coolly walked to them.

 

Now to think of it, I was head over heels with that guy. Jaewon snorted and giggled at the memory that played on her brain. 

 

Jongseob left because he found another pair of better friends and Raim.. Raim just said that it will be better if we'll stop being friends because of my appearance. I never knew that appearance is very important in friendships. Everything happened in a blink of an eye. Everyone left with just a snap of a finger. But in the midst of the storm, in the middle of my grievance, Jonghwan stayed by my side. He was my shoulder to lean on. My supporter when i was feeling down. We became best of friends and my feelings? It was still there. I still like him but I didn't confess. I chose not. Afraid that he'll leave me again. But as we started to get older and began to experience new things, I've come to realize that my feelings for him were not as strong as what I am feeling with L.joe-ssi. My feelings for L.joe-ssi were very much stronger. Stronger and some are so unfamiliar. They are very new to me. I liked Jonghwan before. I love him now but as a bestfriend. He is my brother. And L.joe-ssi? I thought I like him..

 

Jaewon stopped on scrabbling on the ground. She was just writing whatever on

Please log in to read the full chapter