One More Month

Bet on Love

 

Yoona woke up the next day with a wide smile on her face. As soon as she woke up, she grabbed her phone from the bedside table to check if there are any messages. When she saw the name on her phone, she became so excited. Taecyeon sent her a message.

 

From: Taecyeon

Good morning my baby! Let’s go to school together today, okay? I’ll pick you up later. Sarangheyo!^^

 

As soon as she finished reading the message, she hurriedly got up from her bed and prepared herself for school. When she’s all prepared, she bid her parents goodbye and went outside to see Taecyeon who was waiting for her outside his car. When she saw him, she ran towards him with her arms extended on her side to greet him with a hug.

Yoona: oppa (hugged Taecyeon)

Taecyeon: (hugging her back) Ooohh! Good morning my baby! Did you have a goodnight sleep?

Yoona: Ne oppa, and it’s all because of you! (smiles)

Taecyeon: (winks) that’s good! Okay, let’s go! We don’t want to be late for school!

Yoona: Ne!

Then both of them went inside Taecyeon’s car and made their way to school. When they arrived at school, they separated ways since they have different classes for today. When Yoona reached her classroom, she glanced around to see if Yuri’s already there. When she caught sight of her, she ran towards her immediately.

Yoona: Yul! I missed you! Why didn’t you come to class yesterday? I have so much to tell you!

Yuri: hey Yoong! (waving her hand) Miahne. My mom was sick so I needed to look after her, but now she’s all right. So, what are you going to tell me?

Yoona then told Yuri about everything that has happened the day before, from her breakup with Nichkhun up to Taecyeon’s surprise for her later that night. Yuri was surprised with Taecyeon’s actions toward Yoona.

Yuri: hmm, it seems like I missed out a lot in just a day…I think Taecyeon really changed for the better. All thanks to you Yoong!

Yoona: ne. I’m so happy that I was able to change him. But I’m still worried about Nichkhun oppa. I hope he gets over me easily.

Upon hearing Nichkhun’s name, Yuri’s mind flooded with thoughts. She remembered what Nichkhun told her yesterday night. How she wished he was serious at that time. Yuri didn’t realize that she’s already locked up in her own world. It was only when Yoona waved her hand across her face that she realized that the whole class was staring at her and the professor was calling her name repeatedly. She was so surprised by the scene she caused. She was stuck in her own deep thoughts for 10 minutes and didn’t even realized that the professor was already inside and doing a roll call. She immediately raised her right hand to acknowledge the professor and bowed for her apology.

Yoona: (worried) are you okay, Yul? I’ve been calling you for the past few minutes but I got no answer. Is there something wrong?

Yuri: (smiles) Anniyo. It’s nothing important. (In her thought) I guess I’m really falling for Khun oppa. I hope he will feel the same way for me soon.

Just then, the professor started speaking. He saved her from Yoona’s interrogation.

Professor: okay class, first things first. I just want to settle everything first. One more month and this semester will go to an end so I want all of you to prepare for the final exams. I don’t want to see any of you failing my course. Just be a little patient, and you’ll get to enjoy the semestral break without any burdens. Do you get what I’m saying?

The class answered in unison. No one realized that the semester is already going to an end. Yoona couldn’t believe that it’s already been 4 months since she came back from America. Those 4 months were so memorable for her. She didn’t expect the way the tables would turn. She didn’t expect that she would fall out of love for Nichkhun and find her true feelings for Taecyeon. Everything just changed after those months.

After their class (outside their room)….

Yoona: hey Yul! Wanna eat with us today? You are also part of my group of friends now but you never joined us for lunch. (pouts)

Yuri: I’m okay Yoong. I can eat by myself.

Yoona: I won’t take that for an answer. Stop being so loner Yul, and besides, Tiffany also misses you. She’s also joining us for lunch. So don’t be shy. Junsu, Nichkhun and Chansung oppa are kind. No need to be scared of them.

Yuri: Anniyo. I’m not. It’s just that….

Taecyeon: (walking closer to them) Yoona is right. You must join us for lunch. Please accept. I don’t want my girlfriend to be sad.

Yoona: oh! Oppa! I didn’t see you coming.

Taecyeon: (wrapping his arm around Yoona’s shoulders) did you miss me? (planting a kiss on Yoona's head)

Yoona: yep! (facing Yuri) he’s right Yul. Do you want me to get upset? (puppy face)

Yuri: okay. Okay. For you Yoong.

Yoona: (jumping) yey! Thank you Yul! (looking around) by the way oppa, where is Khun oppa?

Yuri: (in her thought) Oh yeah. Khun oppa is not here. Where might he be? I hope he’s okay.

Taecyeon: he’s already at the cafeteria. Remember Kyuhyun? He went to visit today.

Yoona: ah, I see. So let’s go and see them now?

Taecyeon and Yuri nodded. Just then, Yoona linked arms with Yuri leaving Taecyeon behind them. Taecyeon couldn’t help but smile at his girlfriend’s attitude. After minutes of walking, they finally reached the cafeteria. As they were getting closer to their table, they noticed Nichkhun and Kyuhyun chatting happily with each other. Beside Kyuhyun, a girl was also sitting. Yuri and Yoona recognized the girl and walked more closely to greet the three of them.

Yoona: (bow) annyeonghaseyo! What made you visit our school Kyuhyun oppa?

Kyuhyun: (standing up from his seat and bowed) annyeong! I came to visit her. (Rubbed the girl’s head)

Yoona: (turning towards the girl) annyeonghaseyo! You’re in the history class with me right?

The girl stood up and bowed at Yoona, Yuri and Taecyeon. They recognized her easily because she’s also studying in that school. Her name is Seo Joohyun but she preferred to be called Seohyun. She has one class with Yoona and Yuri but they never got the chance to talk to her because she was so quite. She’s always seated at the back corner of their classroom and always reads a book.

Seohyun: annyeonghaseyo! Seohyun imnida.

Kyuhyun: She’s my bestfriend. We were friends since birth (laughs). We use to live in the same neighborhood. I came here to visit her because I haven’t seen her lately due to my busy schedule at our company.

Yoona: oh, I see. (turns towards Seohyun) Annyeong! I hope we get along with each other from now on, eh? (Seohyun nods) By the way, this is my bestfriend, Yuri. She’s on the same class as us (pointing towards Yuri), and this is my boyfriend, Ok Taecyeon (gesturing towards Taecyeon).

Yuri and Taecyeon bowed. Kyuhyun and Seohyun did the same thing. All of them took their seats. While pulling her chair, Yuri took a glance at Nichkhun who was also staring at her. He flashed a smile to Yuri which made her heart skip a beat. She was so nervous but she managed to smile back. She seated next to Yoona who was seating across Taecyeon. Yuri is seated across Nichkhun. She couldn’t think of anything until Tiffany came running towards them with Junsu and Chansung following behind her. She hugged Yoona and Yuri together. Then, the three newcomers were introduced to Seohyun and Kyuhyun, as well as Yuri because she never gets to talk to Chansung and Junsu before. After giving their formal introductions, all of them sat comfortably in their seats and started eating.

Yoona: hey guys! One more month to go and it’s going to be the semestral break. Any plans for the break?

Junsu: Oh yeah, our professor also mentioned that.

Nichkhun: do you guys want to go for an outing?

Tiffany: sounds good! It’s been a while since I had an outing and that was back in America. I want to enjoy Korea for this upcoming break. Where do you guys want to go? We have to make reservations now if we’re on for an outing.

Kyuhyun: there’s no problem with that. My family owns a resort in Jeju. We can go there any time!

Yoona: Chinjia!? That’s nice! So we’re all coming, huh?

All of them cheered happily except for two. Seohyun was quiet while Yuri looks unsure. Yoona noticed them and started talking again.

Yoona: Yul! Seohyun ah! Don’t you want to go with us? This will be fun!

Kyuhyun: (pinching Seohyun’s nose playfully) yah! Seohyunnie! Are you turning us down?

Seohyun: miahne. You know I don’t like that kind of stuffs.

Kyuhyun: oh, come on! Don’t disappoint me! If you resist then I guess, I will have to come back to America and just stay there for good because it seems that you didn’t miss me at all.

Seohyun: Anniyo oppa. It’s just that I’m not reall—

Kyuhyun: just say yes. For me, please? (Begging eyes)

Seohyun: Okay. Just this once.

Kyuhyun then pulled her into a friendly hug. They’re just so comfortable with each other since they grew up together. Sometimes, they were mistaken as lovers but they just ignored it because for them, they are just brothers and sisters.

Yoona: (turning to Yuri) Yul. Please, come with us! (Tiffany is also nodding in agreement)

Yuri: You know I want to, but I can’t. I have to work.

Nichkhun: no problem. I’ll take care of that. I’ll talk to the owner. Just say yes. Look at Yoona and Tiffany, they really want you to come. (Yoona and Tiffany nodding in agreement)

Taecyeon: come on, Yuri. Please do this for my girlfriend. Can you turn down her request?

Yuri was once again in her deep thoughts. She didn’t hear Taecyeon because she seemed out of her mind after Nichkhun talked to her again.

 

Yuri’s POV:

Did he just tell me that he will help me take care of my work? Am I dreaming? But why did he do that? Is it just because of Yoona and Tiffany? Aiish. I guess, I will just have to take this opportunity. Who knows? Maybe after this, I can get along well with Khun oppa.

-End-

 

Yuri: Okay. I accept.

Yoona and Tiffany hugged her delightfully.

Tiffany: Oh, can I ask my friend, Jessica, to come with us too?

Chansung: Oh yeah. I will also bring my girlfriend and her bestfriend with us, huh? Is it okay for you Kyuhyun ah?

Kyuhyun: Yup! No problem at all. Just bring anyone you want.

Junsu: Yah! Chansung ah! Looks like you’re really serious with that girlfriend of yours, huh? (laughs)

Chansung: Look who’s talking. You and Taecyeon hyung are in the same boat as me!

With that, Tiffany and Yoona blushed. All of them laughed at them and after a few seconds, the bell rang signaling them to go their respective classes…..

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the late update..school is really swallowing me right now^^