A New Start

Bet on Love

 

The day ended and the night came. Everything was settled. Even though the couple got scolded by Tiffany and Junsu, they were still very happy because their friends accepted their relationship. Yoona and Taecyeon were happily walking hand in hand that night at the park while chatting about everything they have been through.

All throughout their hidden relationship, Taecyeon felt that something is missing in their relationship. Even thought he is sure that Yoona truly loves him, there is something inside him that made him feel incomplete. He actually knows what was missing in their relationship. He just can’t fill it before because everything was not settled yet. But now, the time has come. This is the night that he has been waiting for, the night when he will finally fill the missing piece in their relationship.

While walking around the park, Yoona saw something bright from a distance but she wasn’t really sure what that thing was. Out of curiosity, she dragged Taecyeon along with her and ran towards that direction. Yoona’s mouth fell open as she stopped running and saw clearer what was in front of her. She couldn’t believe her eyes. There on the grass rests a picnic cloth surrounded by scented candles. There were lots of foods placed on the picnic cloth. There were also balloons tied up in some stones around the picnic cloth. But what really caught her attention were the stems of tulips beside the cloth. They were fresh tulips that formed the words, “Saranghae, Im Yoona”. She can see it clearly because they are also surrounded by a set of scented candles. She couldn’t think of anything. All she could hear was the calmness of the night. There were only two of them in the park. The stars were shining brightly in the velvet sky. That was, indeed, a perfect night not only for her, but for the both of them. When she turned around to face Taecyeon, he was no longer standing but instead he was on his knees looking seriously yet gently at Yoona’s eyes. He grabbed Yoona’s hands and started speaking.

Taecyeon: (sincerely, tears almost falling from his eyes) Yoona, I have been waiting for this night. Even though were together for almost two weeks now, I felt that something’s missing. And now, I want our relationship to be complete…..or perhaps, be official. I haven’t asked you this before, so I will ask you now with all my sincerity and love….Im Yoona, the only goddess that my eyes will only see, will you be my girlfriend?

Yoona was shocked at first causing her to struggle for the words she needed to say so she just nodded and started tearing up. Taecyeon flashed a gentle smile and stood up. He wiped her tears away with his thumb and then grabbed her head and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. After that, he pulled Yoona into a hug.

Taecyeon: (resting Yoona’s head on his muscular chest) thank you.

Yoona: (sobbing) saranghae, oppa.

Then Taecyeon pulled away and took something out of his pocket. It was a necklace with a tulip as a pendant. Taecyeon then put it around Yoona’s neck.

Yoona: oppa….gamsahamnida.

Taecyeon: (smiles) no Yoona. That should be my line. Thank you for coming to my life..

Yoona just faced the picnic cloth again, her eyes browsing through the tulips that spelled, “Saranghae, Im Yoona”. She then turned around and asked Taecyeon.

Yoona: (confused) But oppa, when did you prepare all of this? We were together since lunch time.

Taecyeon answered with a wink.

Taecyeon: I can do anything for you Yoong. (in his thought) thank you for helping me Chansung ah, I owe you a lot.

Yoona: (took hold of the necklace around her neck) one more thing oppa, why do you always give me tulips? Why not just roses?

Taecyeon: (felt sad) Why? You don’t like it?

Yoona: Anniyo oppa. It’s just that, other guys would normally give roses to their girlfriends.

Taecyeon: I’m different from other guys and so as you…..(sighs) True love…..

Yoona: (confused) Eh?

Taecyeon: (laughs) tulips means “true love”. Yoona, you are the only person that I have given tulips to. So I guess, you already know what that means?

Yoona: (smiles widely) that I am your true and only love.

Taecyeon leaned closer to Yoona and planted a kiss on her lips. As it was turning into a more passionate one, Yoona’s stomach suddenly groaned. She was so overwhelmed by what Taecyeon had prepared for her and didn’t even realize that she’s already dying from hunger.

Taecyeon: (breaking away from the kiss and laughed) ooohh. My baby Yoong is hungry, I’m sorry for making you wait.

Yoona: (blushed) Yah oppa! (hit Taecyeon’s head)

Taecyeon: (scratching his head) ouch! Okay, okay, miahne. Let’s eat now…hungry baby.

Yoona just teasingly hit him on his chest and then they both sat on the cloth and started eating. After finishing their food, they pushed everything aside and they lay themselves on the cloth and watched the stars above. Yoona’s head rested on Taecyeon’s arm while his arms were wrapped tightly on Yoona’s body to keep her warm. That night, so far, was the happiest night for them. They couldn’t think of anything else except their love for each other.

 

 

Meanwhile…

Yuri was busy reading her books at the shop where she works when she heard the entrance door opened. She pushed the book aside and stood up to greet the customer.

Yuri: (bowing) annyeonghaseyo! Welcome!

Nichkhun: (smiles while waving to Yuri) hey there..

Yuri: (surprised) oohh. Khun oppa?

Nichkhun: (nodding) ne. Can you give me a cup of cappuccino please?

Yuri: (nervous) ah..Ne!

Yuri was so surprised by Nichkhun’s appearance. She never expected that he would visit again after his visit few months ago. Nichkhun sitted at a table with a window beside it after paying for the bill. After a few minutes, Yuri came out of the kitchen holding the tray with the cappuccino. She made her way to Nichkhun’s table and served the hot cappuccino.

Nichkhun: (smiles) gamsahamnida. By the way, did you not go to class today? I think I haven’t seen you anywhere this day.

Yuri: I didn’t. My mother was sick so I have to take care of her.

Nichkhun: Chinjia!? So, how is she now?

Yuri: she’s okay now. Just caught a cold.

Nichkhun: glad to hear that…mind if you sit here and have a chat with me? (motioning her to the seat across him)

Yuri: okay. (Pulled the chair and took a sit across Nichkhun) so…how are things going between you and Yoona? It’s been over two months since you last saw each other. I bet you missed her so much.

Nichkhun: (smiles) I did. (taking a sip on his cappuccino) but I guess, things just didn’t work between us.

Since Yuri didn’t come to class today, she didn’t know that the two already broke up.

Yuri: why? Did you guys break up?

Nichkhun: (sad tone) ne. But I’m happy for her. I will never force her to do something that she doesn’t want to. I want her to be happy. I hope she gets along well with Taecyeon.

Yuri: (feeling Nichkhun’s sadness) Do you really love her? Why don’t you fight for your love?

Nichkhun: (sighs and took another sip in his cappuccino) I do. But I have to let go of her. I think that’s the meaning of true love. Learn to let go. I can see that she’s really happy with Taecyeon so I have to move on now…..Yuri…..Can you help me forget about her?

Yuri: (surprised) Ne!??

Nichkhun: (laughs) I must have surprised you, miahne. I just wanted to feel better so I played a joke. Don’t take it seriously Yuri ah. (looks at his watch) it’s getting late, I have to go now. See you tomorrow! (wave his hand at Yuri and walked towards the door).

Yuri just bowed at him. She can’t believe what Nichkhun had just told her. For Nichkhun, it was just a pure joke, but for Yuri, it was something, something that she had been dreaming for. For Yuri, it would have been better if Nichkhun was serious at that time. But she couldn’t do anything about it. He is still moving on and not yet ready for a new relationship. All she can do this time is to wait for his broken heart to get healed….. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. I haven't been updating lately because I saw this fanfic entitled 'Bet On It' and I thought it has the same story as mine so I read it first just to make sure that we have different plots.. Sorry for the short KhunRi moment, actually I was planning to put KhunRi moments to next chapter but I thought this is a short chapter so I added it here. Hope you like it! XD